Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Par

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Bogey

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Pictures don't really fill you in that the hill on the right side of the fairway is mid-shin high mystery vegetation. RIP if you go there.
Pictures seem never to do this course justice. It's both so telling and so deceiving to look at the overviews and what others have posted.

Pictures seem never to do this course justice. It's both so telling and so deceiving to look at the overviews and what others have posted.
You'll get it when you get there. The course photographs amazingly, but pictures capture just a fraction of the things that make it so impressive.

You'll get it when you get there. The course photographs amazingly, but pictures capture just a fraction of the things that make it so impressive.
I'm sure, it's one of the things that I am really looking forward to - one of the absolute many things.

I'm sure, it's one of the things that I am really looking forward to - one of the absolute many things.
You won't regret at least one early morning wakeup. Hopefully the fog/mist is hanging in the valley.

You won't regret at least one early morning wakeup. Hopefully the fog/mist is hanging in the valley.
I'll be up. I might not compete with @JB for early rise champion, but I'm usually up by 4-5am.

I'll be up. I might not compete with @JB for early rise champion, but I'm usually up by 4-5am.

I sleep like crap and am also an early riser.

I think I'm going driver, 3W and wedge into the green.

Stay left.

Just a note if you talk with the people on hole 7 before or after your 2nd shot you played the hole wrong.

Sure seems like a layup par 5 for me and a high probability of par!

My gut tells me to pull the driver, go big off the tee up the left side, then my 2 hybrid into the green. Two putt for my birdie and move on.

My head tells me, knock it off with that crazy thinking! Accept that this is a three shot hole and hit the hybrid off the tee, layup to a good wedge range, get it up there safely and get out with a par.

All that being said, I’m pretty sure I find a way to bogey this hole.

Not the biggest fan of what feels like taking driver out of hand on a par 5 with a bit of a forced layup off the tee. But this is a fun hole regardless.

I can't get over how many tee shots have a carry off the tee and look so narrow with the rough.

At least here if I can get a hold of it and straight, I'll have a go at getting on in 2 here, why not? 🤣

The couple of times I have played this hole it has been a straightforward three shot hole for me. Nothing fancy.

you've got to think your way around this course?
uh oh.

to me the risk here is for an overcorrection trying to stay away from the right side chasm, and pulling shots into the deep stuff on the left.
with that kind of trouble aroudn, taking a little off and staying in play is definitely "smart" golf.

you've got to think your way around this course?
uh oh.

to me the risk here is for an overcorrection trying to stay away from the right side chasm, and pulling shots into the deep stuff on the left.
with that kind of trouble aroudn, taking a little off and staying in play is definitely "smart" golf.
Lots of people do exactly that, at least from what I observed. At least you have a chance over there.

I like this hole! Birdie and par for me. But look, another multi tiered green. This one is a bit more generous with the landing areas and you can use the hill up to the second tier as a backstop. I played it off of there and it rolled back to three feet for my birdie on the first day. One of the few shots of I was proud of those couple days lol

I like this hole! Birdie and par for me. But look, another multi tiered green. This one is a bit more generous with the landing areas and you can use the hill up to the second tier as a backstop. I played it off of there and it rolled back to three feet for my birdie on the first day. One of the few shots of I was proud of those couple days lol
This picture kind of shows how much room you have on each tier
IMG_7911.jpeg

as well as how stinking beautiful that golf course is - wow!
That was our early morning walk on day 2 with some of the guys and Craig. It was a lot of fun to see the course that pristine and calm

Fun hole. One of my favorites while there. Not a long hitter so Driver, 3-wood and wedge for me. I only remember the last round playing this hole and ended up with Par. Great hole to end the front 9!

One of my favorite holes visually. Though I think in one of the extra rounds I hit 3 or 4 different bunkers 😂

Back