Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Par

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
this seems so straightforward. I’m going smooth 8i, two putts, and move on.

this seems so straightforward. I’m going smooth 8i, two putts, and move on.
No kidding. From the comments though, it is anything but.

I’m starting to sense a theme with holes here at Ballyhack.

Hole 7 pics

Screenshot_20240410_080530_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240410_080352_Gallery.jpg

Hole 9 looking fairway looking down at hole 7 right bunker
Screenshot_20240410_080134_Gallery.jpg

No kidding. From the comments though, it is anything but.

I’m starting to sense a theme with holes here at Ballyhack.
Seriously! I scrolled down to post my reply then go back through to read. I’m thinking I’m going to leave battered and bruised but smiling

Missing short is better than missing long.

Missing short is better than missing long.
That's good to know. I'm keeping my little binder of notes of where to miss and short seems to be the safer bet on most of these holes. Right is never safe based upon pictures.

I believe we played black/blue tees. 180-190 ish to middle.
Thats right yes. Both times playing the hole it was playing 180-200. I remember hitting 5i

Outside of the pin in that photo on the left I think I could get on the green or up and down for par, but a very pretty hole, love the look of that elevated green

MyStrategy says that from the middle tee's I have about 160 yards in.

View attachment 9255931

That gives me a smooth 6i safely onto the green. This is going to be a hole where a lot of us can make a move if we're 150-170 pin. I want to see some 🐦 here.
Make a move or stop the bleeding?

Make a move or stop the bleeding?
I'm currently an internet golfer - so I'm making a move.

When I get there, I'll be hoping to just get close to the green I'm sure. =)

How did we go from 160 to 200 from similar tee boxes? This course is beautifully terrifying 🤣
There's 2 tee boxes, one that appears to have the back two tee's and one that has the next ones up. The back box is the 200ish one, the next one up looks big on the picture and that's where I just hit my dot from.

There's 2 tee boxes, one that appears to have the back two tee's and one that has the next ones up. The back box is the 200ish one, the next one up looks big on the picture and that's where I just hit my dot from.
My initial feelings are the same, I need to figure out clubs & yardages from elevation to here really fast, although the prevailing theme is short miss is not bad for some holes

Least favorite par three on the course. Big ol meh burger here. Especially if we play it longer. Hit and hope to move on quickly

185-200 yards when we played it. This is not a very fun hole and I would be fine not ever playing it again. If you miss the green, which I highly recommend you don't, miss 40 yards short in the fairway cut. The bunker on the right is like a 10 foot wall and what just looks like rough over there is high and junky. You may not even find your ball. Oh, and the stream is in play lol.

I yanked one to the left that I swore I'd find and never did.
I think I can handle missing 40 yards short. That’s right in my wheelhouse.

I think I can handle missing 40 yards short. That’s right in my wheelhouse.
Better than rolling 40 yards off and chipping back to a front pin placement.

Better than rolling 40 yards off and chipping back to a front pin placement.
I feel like I could have this in my wheelhouse too. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Least favorite par three on the course. Big ol meh burger here. Especially if we play it longer. Hit and hope to move on quickly
Yup, no doubt least favorite par 3 there. By a wide margin

I'm understanding your wheelhouse may be donut shaped around the green, am I understanding this correctly? =)
Pretty much. haha.

Par 3's are the worst part of my game, hoping to make that a fix between now and this event.

I'll take a natural bogey here and be grateful.

Straightforward but not easy if I remember right. Probably want to be on the right side of the pin. Good luck with that thought looking at the bunker right. A slight pull wouldn’t be terrible. It’s a putting contest and I’m hoping I can 2 putt.

From 180, it's a 6. From 160, it's an 8.

I honestly can't remember where I hit my tee ball during our shamble combined score round. I know the other 2 times I teed off on this one the two balls were basically in the same spot, being about 10 feet on the green on the front left.

Back