Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Hole number 6 marks one third of the way through our course tour. On paper a true risk and reward hole.

1712655707609.png

A downhill tee shot gives you the option of aiming for the open fairway or anyplace else as it goes left towards the green.

1712655795124.png

265 marks the bunker from the tips, we don't play those but my path still puts it at 240 from the next up tee box, and since it's downhill if you're playing safe you may need to end up with a long iron here.

1712655833930.png

Like nearly every green there is some protection from the course itself in the form of a short left bunker, that also prevents too many people from trying to drive the green unless you're working with a near 300 carry.

1712655969099.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

This one for MyStrategy I put myself up on the 3rd tee box, just to give myself an option here - not saying that's where it'll be playing from. Moving back one tee box I may struggle to hit the fairway, but who knows with how well the drop works.

1712656078258.png

Dispersion has me all over the place but a lot of shots in the fairway, so this is one that I'm going to love a good poke and hope that I'm running a PW or something onto the green. This has the potential for my 2nd legit shot at a birdie, but whatever happens - happens.

this one plays South...is there usually a breeze in your face?

If wind in face, I am playing driver off the tee and playing a nice little cut. If not, then 3w to just behind that bunker.

I'm hitting my 3 wood just left of those bunkers and hoping it won't roll into them.

I don’t remember wind being a factor here in August.

Aim at the cart path and hope you don’t go too far or too short. Too far leaves some trouble in the form of side hill, high rough. Too short and you won’t find the ball most likely.

Lots of room left/right and we saw some shots from off the very right edge of the fairway.

Green has a big ridge and my opinion is that you’re better off having an approach shot you can hit higher so that it lands soft on the correct side of the ridge. Short pitches into this green are tough.

First round I put one on top of the back greenside bunker. Second round I hit and awful shot that came up about 15 yards short of safety.

Really tough hole if you’re out of position because it’s a tricky little green. If I were playing it again I’d take a 6 or 7i to the fairway and chip on

I'm thinking something about 215-225 so driving iron into the fairway and then iron into green. Keep fingers crossed that bomb and gouge wasn't the actual right decision :ROFLMAO:

Risk reward hole right here.

I hit it right at the cart path and was right in between the cart path and bunker. Short pitch to the green. But the front right pin placement is diabolical. So I missed my birdie.

Dogleg lefts hate me so this looks like some trouble. I’m pulling driver and trying to go just left of the bunker. I’m probably ending up somewhere deep in the rough and hitting a provisional. The provisional is an absolute bomb and I end up having to play it. Good iron shot in and two putt for my double.

Aim at the cart path and hope you don’t go too far or too short. Too far leaves some trouble in the form of side hill, high rough. Too short and you won’t find the ball most likely.

Lots of room left/right and we saw some shots from off the very right edge of the fairway.

Green has a big ridge and my opinion is that you’re better off having an approach shot you can hit higher so that it lands soft on the correct side of the ridge. Short pitches into this green are tough.
All of this.

Cart path was my aim point, just didn't get enough on day two, went into the s**t.

One of the more fun Goat Trak holes, as well. Very hidden up on top of he hill.

I didn't aim at the green but I was aggressive. Just off the green and my approach was a chip/pitch. Still couldn't get the 2nd shot close because the undulations and pin locations.

Last edited:
For those that have played, did you stand up there thinking you had the distance and were like ... let's do this thing? Shoot for the green at all, or it didn't even cross your mind and everyone wanted to play a bit safer?

Now this one scares me for sure, but what a cool feeling if you could bite off quite a bit of it and have just a pitch and putt for birdie/par! But I'm gonna guess I'd either end up short or long off the tee

Now this one scares me for sure, but what a cool feeling if you could bite off quite a bit of it and have just a pitch and putt for birdie/par! But I'm gonna guess I'd either end up short or long off the tee
It looks like you've got a big landing zone, so just make sure you club to the middle and you'll be fine. I'm sure of it!

Aim directly at the bunker off of the fairway with 3w leaving a cool 9i or 10i into the green. With my Ai-One putter I am walking off with par.

I feel everything about this course is having 2 shots off the tee, safety and one not so (which can include the I just stuck it into the really deep stuff and I better put another ball down)

I didn’t fare well here. First day was because @xThor was safe and I went for extra and came up short. Second day, tried to go shorter and went in to the bunker. Bogey both days and bogey on the extra round as well. This hole is harder than hole five was for me

I think this hole is more visually intimidating than how it plays. Put something in the fairway and will have a short iron left.

Back