Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The final hole at Ballyhack is a long par 4 that leads back to the club house with a monster green.

1714037284529.png

From the next up tee box, the massive oak is still 270 yards away.

1714037441714.png

Looks like your ideal shot is to get it on the left side of the fairway so you don't need to contend with the tree, but there appears to be a lot of slope to this fairway as well.

1714037497639.png

The single largest putting surface on the course, and it has a massive undulation on parts of it.

1714037537935.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

MyStrategy tells me that this is a three shot hole to make it to the green.

1714037640992.png

My drive range still gives me 217 left to the center of the green, which is more club than I have. I'm looking at a drive, hybrid and then wedge just to make it to the green here. Depending on pin placement, we can have putts from tap in to 100 feet so a lot is going to depend on that last wedge aim.

Gonna say birdie for Aqua Men. BUT that’s only if we don’t go too far right and be blocked by that tree. Then par or bogey.

This hole can definitely feel tight with the tree and not wanting to be in the rough on the left. If you do go right I guess you could follow @SkiBumGolfer and play near the practice green, think he made par from there.

How @ddec and I play this one.
One of us hits it behind the tree, the other is playable.
We hit the green.
We make a putt.
We claim our trophy.

Aiming down the left with driver and going from there.

This hole can definitely feel tight with the tree and not wanting to be in the rough on the left. If you do go right I guess you could follow @SkiBumGolfer and play near the practice green, think he made par from there.
Right miss is better than left, can confirm 🤣

Made par from next to the practice green, but the other time went a bit left and was on the sidehill in thick stuff and all I could do was hack it out. Made bogey.

This hole could be completely different depending on where they put that pin. The green is so huge. Use night putting to scout it out if you can!

This is such a good finishing hole. If you're lucky enough to not be blocked out by the big Oak tree (like I was once) then you have a good shot at a GIR. But that's not the end of the issues on this hole. The massive green will test your lag putting skills for sure. Let's hope you spend a lot of time 'night' putting on it to get the idea. All depends on where the pin placement is to how much undulation you will have to endure. I bogey'd it once because of the damn tree but was lucky enough to par it the other two times. Had two great lag putts ... all because I practiced it the night before & knew which way it went. HA! :ROFLMAO:

I did play with a guy who FLEW the tree with a draw! It was ridiculous. He had a flip wedge into the green. Ahh .. but he still only parred the hole. As with a lot of boomers of the ball I seem to play with, they have Zero short game. You can see that they spend more time beating balls as far as they can on the range than around the green. ;)

That tree is a ball sucking magnet :LOL: 90% air does not work here as every time my drive found a branch...or three.

Get off the fairway either side and it's a challenge. Then...pick a 2 acre plot to land on the green and it better be the right one. BIG swing's with a putter are within your reach.

I prefer to just not play this one.
I would also prefer that we win by a HIO on 17 to close it out but that's not the way our formats work. This hole will be a formality, but we'll be good sports and play it.

I would also prefer that we win by a HIO on 17 to close it out but that's not the way our formats work. This hole will be a formality, but we'll be good sports and play it.
I saw some fun things happen here for sure. The green is just a beast. Hard to conceptualize until you see it.

I saw some fun things happen here for sure. The green is just a beast. Hard to conceptualize until you see it.
That's what I wanted to see - like scale of a person on the green to even get a picture of it. They say it's 20k square feet, my house is like 15% the size of the green - which is hard to imagine.

Reminds me of a hole around here i played in a tournament. I bet that tree on the right can cause all sorts of problems.....and looks like a small landing area

When you really break it down, this is such a simple hole. It’s pretty wide open to hit literally any kind of tee shot. If you’re in the fairway, or even the left rough, yiu should have no issue hitting this MASSIVE green. Middle pin is probably the easiest location.

With that said, I made an absolute mess of this hole off the tee.

MyStrategy tells me that this is a three shot hole to make it to the green.

aim at the left side bunker and try to find a spot on the fairway that provides an open shot to the green. the second shot will be a long iron or 7w so having an open line it going to be key. if our best shambled drive is in the rough, it really doesn't matter if it's left side or right side as it's going to be a layup and a wedge to try for an up-and-down but accept a bogey.

One of my favorite holes there. The views from the elevated tees are incredible. The hole is long and narrow and you better not get blocked out by the tree. The green is immense. Great finishing hole2023 Budget Championship Final Group.jpeg

Gonna say birdie for Aqua Men. BUT that’s only if we don’t go too far right and be blocked by that tree. Then par or bogey.
Seems simple enough 👍🏼😉

Not the desired landing zone for someone who plays a fade, like me. I am definitely sitting behind that tree off the tee.

How @ddec and I play this one.
One of us hits it behind the tree, the other is playable.
We hit the green.
We make a putt.
We claim our trophy.
It has happened before
It will happen again

it would be so cool if we could place bets on things like this.
Would this be like placing a bet on every team but yourself, so you either win or you win?

Why not just go #fullpurple?

Back