Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Bogey

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
DON'T. GO. RIGHT....
fat bastard yes sir GIF

This was a fun hole. I birdied it one day & made par the other 2 :)

The first forced carry really shouldn't be an issue. As others have mentioned to far right-no bueno. I was on the right side of the fairway and hit to hit a little left to right bleeder in there. 2 putt par.

Reading this always makes me happy. How are you feeling about the newfound draw?
Good, because I can actually aim left now instead of being scared to death by it

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
So, don't pull it left, don't fly it right, don't be short, got it 🤣

I might try taking some off the driver at that last bunker (tried this shot the other day a couple times, 50/50) or try the 3w if things haven't fallen apart.

Then hope my partner is still holding it together and go from there.

Good, because I can actually aim left now instead of being scared to death by it
True, you don't really have the draw turning into a hook problem that summer of us do.

So, don't pull it left, don't fly it right, don't be short, got it 🤣

I might try taking some off the driver at that last bunker (tried this shot the other day a couple times, 50/50) or try the 3w if things haven't fallen apart.

Then hope my partner is still holding it together and go from there.
No pressure on your partner haha

This goes for essentially every hole, not just 16 lol
@Nashtyone and I have had multiple conversations, even before the hole by hole breakdowns about how tee placement is gonna be key.

I'm in for a potential world of hurt here.

View attachment 9260230

Too long for 2, for me; but a double lay up feels like I'm giving away a point so I will likely be laying up to the end of the fairway and then trying a big shot onto the green for my 3rd. Going short is going to be trouble.
Looking at this image, I am going to have to try and hit a 4i or 3i as driver is too much and a baby driver swing is not always good for me. Then I hopefully in the fat part of the fairway and have a 6i or as little as 8i in.

This hole feels like a trick question. The landing spot looks to be pretty generous so I'm taking driver up the left side and then an 8/9 iron into the green. The look of the hole seems like the type that typically fits my eye so I'm going with a par here.
1713904269972.png

This is a great hole. It was a great driving hole for me. Right is dead, left really lengthens your approach. A bit downhill to the green but this hole is not as ornery as it appears. Just don't go right
@jbb2388 had this tee shot down every time we played it. The first round was a shamble and he hit his drive, I just said let's go cuz I am not doing better than that. I had some good approaches into this green. I am pretty sure we birdied it at least once. It is a great hole!

My favorite hole or should I say, played it the best all week except for all shot. Great tee shot on day one, hug the right and didn't fall into junk. I had to have a little tee talk on day two since driver was acting up the few previous holes, and bam good tee shot and day two. However, @ddec may have almost lost his head popping up from the wilderness right in front of my approach shot.

I really enjoyed hole 16, and both of our caddies said it was their favorite on the course. It's a big open fairway that you want to stay in at all costs. Right drops into a ditch, but lures you that way as a shorter shot into the green. Left has a few bunkers to catch a righty's pull, but probably bring layup into the equation. Even with a well struck (for me) drive I still had about 155 into the green on Day 2 (we don't talk about the two hard slices I didn't chase on Day 1). As others have said, from the right half of the fairway, it is a tough second shot over another forced carry, then a bunker, to a shallow green (with a backstop behind helping some). If you were longer down the left or center, then the 2nd shot would also be longer, but might make the green a bit deeper.

All in all a fun hole though...I can see why they liked it and it was one of the better ones to me as well.

We played the White tees here at 402 yards on the card.

Reactions: J4U
Back behind the 16th tee

IMG_6932.jpeg

Back