Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The 16th here at Ballyhack looks like just a couple of forced carry shots with decent landing zones.

1713864679012.png

This hole looks like you're shooting into a blind fairway, going downhill and on a slope.

1713864814586.png

If you can get a good landing down by the end of the fairway, you appear to be in good shape for a short iron onto the green complex.

1713864853353.png

Like most of them, they are protected with a false front and a short side bunker if you're going for it in two.

1713864899895.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

I'm in for a potential world of hurt here.

1713865001254.png

Too long for 2, for me; but a double lay up feels like I'm giving away a point so I will likely be laying up to the end of the fairway and then trying a big shot onto the green for my 3rd. Going short is going to be trouble.

3w or 5w off the tee depending on wind direction and dryness of course and mid to short iron in. I'm saying probably a par for Aqua Men here, maybe a birdie if we get a good tee shot.

Looks like I confused this with #15. This is a really tricky hole. The tee shot is so tricky because you need to be aggressive or else you will have a long shot into a tough green. Front pin is definitely a little easier but ending up on the back of the green pretty much guarantees a 3 putt

Looks like I confused this with #15. This is a really tricky hole. The tee shot is so tricky because you need to be aggressive or else you will have a long shot into a tough green. Front pin is definitely a little easier but ending up on the back of the green pretty much guarantees a 3 putt
And too far to the right, and it falls off.
I hit driver and just take a little off of it down the left side.

Though I am a back nine antagonist, I think this is a neat golf hole. The green is very narrow.

I'd hit my driver at this bunker with a little fade, hoping for a manageable 2nd shot in. If played at 470ish yards, not sure how I'd play it other than lots of hope for a 1 putt IMG_6445.jpeg

And too far to the right, and it falls off.
I hit driver and just take a little off of it down the left side.
This is a really underestimated hole on the property with really great design. I love when a conscious decision has to be made off the tee.

Don’t forget about those pesky sprinkler heads;)

This is a really underestimated hole on the property with really great design. I love when a conscious decision has to be made off the tee.

Don’t forget about those pesky sprinkler heads;)
I was in my pocket on this hole far too many times from either missing right or that damn sprinker head.
Its a great golf hole, but one I dont play well. I play 17 very well typically and then 18 can eat a giant bag of Philly Fans.

I was in my pocket on this hole far too many times from either missing right or that damn sprinker head.
Its a great golf hole, but one I dont play well. I play 17 very well typically and then 18 can eat a giant bag of Philly Fans.
Not sure what it is about 18 that makes it so tough because it’s such a straight forward hole. Tee shot is a little narrow but a good lie should leave a really good chance at par

Carnage

This is a really good hole, awkward green to hit as you are coming across it.
That was also my impression. It seems like as you're coming to the side of it from most of the angels that you either position yourself further away for a better line or closer for less club.

Driver or 3W off the tee depending on how I'm playing. This hole might suit me as I typically miss left and the entire length looks to slope left to right along the fairway and around the green. Might get some generous bounces.

That was also my impression. It seems like as you're coming to the side of it from most of the angels that you either position yourself further away for a better line or closer for less club.

Closer for less club, if you are on the limit of reaching play left of the green to hopefully open it up for a chip.

This is a nasty hole as you back it up...wow!

This is a great hole. It was a great driving hole for me. Right is dead, left really lengthens your approach. A bit downhill to the green but this hole is not as ornery as it appears. Just don't go right

this one looks like an easy-swing driver, but the risk for me there is bad rhythm.
so maybe play a cut 3w and try to run it down a bit for the easiest possible approach.

is that greenside bunker as far down below the putting surface as it looks?

If I'm hitting driver well, should get me to a decent spot. Approach probably gives me a lot of trouble so probably walking out with at least bogey.

2 forced carries. Hopefully I hit a decent drive and I would treat this hole like a 3 shot par 5. Just going for a bogey.

Ballyhack may be to ultimate target golf course. It is funny that I wouldn't think courses like this would fit me, but I tend to do better on courses like this. Maybe because it forces me to make better choices.

Probably playing off that trap and letting it fade back, but depends on the day. Doesn't look like a ton of room for me to miss. If I can keep it on the fairway I should have a chance for par here, probably bogey. Man I can't wait to play here.

DON'T. GO. RIGHT....

Back