Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
The 12th hole is said to be one of the longer back 9 par 4s.

1713346572498.png

The guide says to hit the 3w off the tee here, bunkers start at about 150 yards on the left and run until about 240 on the right.

1713346678304.png

Make sure you're aiming up at the left fairway, not down at the right one, land and it looks like you'll get some roll down the fairway.

1713346863654.png

Another hole that says don't go right and don't go left, oh and also don't go short into the bunker either.

1713346958459.png

What's your plan on this hole? How do you score?

MyStrategy is guessing that I'm not going to do well on this hole.

1713347021447.png

Most of my drives are off the fairway, and even if I get a good one in I've still got 2 more shots to the green at the minimum, so we're going to be looking for a bogey here at best but long par 4s are my nemesis and I'm going to look at a double on this hole and just hope to get to 13 safe.

My driver carries about 280 yards so I'd aim along the left edge of the fairway to carry the bunkers on the left and if I hit a straight drive have a shot to the green with no bunkers to go over apart from the front pot bunker. If the pin is anywhere except the left side of the green I'd aim for the middle of the green on the approach shot using enough club to make sure I carry the front pot bunker and take my chances on not pulling or pushing the approach shot into either of the two greenside bunkers. If the pin is on the left side I'd aim a bit more towards the right side of the green as being shortsided in the bunker on the left is going to be very hard to get up and down but being in the right bunker I'd have a better chance. Hitting a full out driver on this hole gives a better chance at being able to hit and hold the green with a shorter iron. Basically I'd use decade golf principles.

Definitely a driver hole and short iron in hand hopefully. If bad drive and is shorter, then a mid iron in.

Definitely a driver hole and short iron in hand hopefully. If bad drive and is shorter, then a mid iron in.
Do you worry that you’ll over drive your landing area and end up on a bad lien for the second shot?

Do you worry that you’ll over drive your landing area and end up on a bad lien for the second shot?
No because I don't think this is a full bore go after it driver. Nice smooth swing. Worst case I choke down a smidge to pull some off of it. It will all depend on how I'm hitting the ball that day.

To add to this, how my partner is playing that day will determine a lot. I say I'd hit driver. If I was by myself, I probably would but you can also play it safe. It's a real time scenario realistically.

So many good...and bad options on this hole as with many here.

Attempted a draw around the corner first day and cooked it a bit. Leaving about 100 in, but in front of the bunker in the rough on the left. Was playable but a dicy, hope you find your ball scenario.

That fairway around that corner and over the hill is a blind shot really. Won't see it land and can possibly run through.

If landing towards middle of fairway it will continue downhill and progress left. Landing right I middle can roll through and left of middle can go many ways. All of which you won't be able to see.

All of these options above will leave you an up hill approach. Most of which you won't be able to see the green.

Second day laid up on the top of the hill with about 150 in. Had a great view of the green complex from up there.

Choose wisely ;)

I had a fairly steep downhill lie for my second shot to an elevated green which was not ideal. Problem is a shorter club off the tee means I probably don't reach in two...

Trying to take a line tight to the left looks like the play, but the slope kicks balls that way and the second cut comes in tight so my advice is play your drive right of centre. Or whatever the forecaddie tells you to do.

This hole just kicked my butt for 2 days. As a proud member of the short knickers club it was incredibly difficult for me.

I hit driver here both times. The severe downslope will get you a lot of run and leave you with a short iron into a significantly elevated green. Assuming you keep your tee shot straight of course lol

I kind of love this hole, kind of hate this hole. Fairway both days, didn’t sniff par. The elevated green got in my head since drives always made it down the hill. That was a me thing and I shouldn’t blame it on the hole. I’m very excited to get back to this one!

Pro tip, this is a hole where the carts slow down because of a downhill and it takes a crazy long time to get to your ball. If you do end up getting down the hill, take your cart as close as you can to that left fairway bunker and ride it down the rough. The cart doesn’t lock you up over there! Our day two caddy gave us that tip

I kind of love this hole, kind of hate this hole. Fairway both days, didn’t sniff par. The elevated green got in my head since drives always made it down the hill. That was a me thing and I shouldn’t blame it on the hole. I’m very excited to get back to this one!

Pro tip, this is a hole where the carts slow down because of a downhill and it takes a crazy long time to get to your ball. If you do end up getting down the hill, take your cart as close as you can to that left fairway bunker and ride it down the rough. The cart doesn’t lock you up over there! Our day two caddy gave us that tip
Pro tip right there!

I really like this hole for some reason. I don't remember playing it very well but I like the downhill tee shot and the uphill approach shot. Get the ball in play off the tee and you have a chance at this hole.

This hole just kicked my butt for 2 days. As a proud member of the short knickers club it was incredibly difficult for me.
You've basically described my fears of this hole.

this is another one where the tee box we use seems like it will make a huge difference...almost 60 yards between them!

either way it's still driver and let it follow the fairway curling left and running down the hill.
i don't mind playing into an elevated green, especially if i'm in short iron range.

this is another one where the tee box we use seems like it will make a huge difference...almost 60 yards between them!

either way it's still driver and let it follow the fairway curling left and running down the hill.
i don't mind playing into an elevated green, especially if i'm in short iron range.
I agree with the elevated green, it doesn't bother me much as long as it's in a decent range. I assume I'll be going in off my 3rd shot to the green so plenty of time to get that short iron.

Looks like a good hole for the 3w,

This is a hard hole. I played it numerous times & only parred it once. If you don't get to the top of the hill to hit the downslope, you have a lot longer shot into the hole. I was in the bunkers on the right as well. Can be disastrous. And the green, just like all of the greens at Ballyhack are diabolical

Interesting hole for sure. I won't be playing the tips (I don't think we will for the experience, but who knows!) and will have to see how the swing is going that day before tackling it. I don't have a 3-wood and my 5-wood is not always in the bag since it just isn't a club I trust yet, but I do carry a 3i that I could use if the driver is not in agreement.

Interesting hole for sure. I won't be playing the tips (I don't think we will for the experience, but who knows!) and will have to see how the swing is going that day before tackling it. I don't have a 3-wood and my 5-wood is not always in the bag since it just isn't a club I trust yet, but I do carry a 3i that I could use if the driver is not in agreement.
It's been both said and alluded to that we won't be playing tips, but those are the numbers that are shown off in their pictures.

I'm going based off the assumption that we'll be playing a mix of a couple sets of tees, and planning a second and third shot based off of that and not any exact knowledge of which one we'll be playing which day.

This hole looks crazy scary, could easily balloon into something horrific on the card.

That being said, if enough room, easy driver and avoid the bunkers if possible then try to get it within a reasonable 2 putt. I'm expecting bogey here with this hole.

Just an FYI.
Left side is 12 fairway. Right side is 18 fairway.

Back