Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Par

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Bogey

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Double or worse

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I've been reading this on way too many of these threads. I wonder if I can learn to hit a fade in a couple weeks?
You should definitely try. IT WILL WORK OUT WELL. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
It’s very uncomfortable. If you miss the fairway left there’s a good chance you go OB. For a righty, it’s the perfect hole to hit a fade. Anything on the right side gives you a really good angle in
Or to top your ball to the tee box in front of you.

20230522_142905.jpg
The forward tee box

20230522_143704.jpg
Looking back at hole 11.

Chances I go double or worse are pretty good. It’s definitely a bogey, the only question is bogey, double bogey, triple bogey… I’m so afraid of the left that I hit those trees right of the green twice. Not those trees, the ones on the other side of the cart path. This hole does not fit my eye at all.

I’d probably go 5W, wedge and give up on tempting this risk-reward hole. Maybe iron, iron. But I’d definitely keep the big stick in the bag. I should be able to come out with par but that’s what I said about taking driver.

Hole 11 is an interesting visual off the tee where you are hitting across a very deep ravine to a right to left sloping uphill and wide fairway. From the black tees, both from the angle and the distance with that bunker protecting the entry to the green, I just don't see this being a very wise decision in trying to drive the green from long hitters. Other than the tricky visual, it's not a particularly long forced carry off the tee, but as others have said, right is absolutely dead, and while the fairway does slope pretty hard right to left, I think the first cut of rough on the left catches balls pretty well to keep them from being big trouble.

Hitting up to the green is another uphill shot into a very deep but relatively skinny green. I don't remember too much trouble on Day 1, but on Day 2 the flag was toward the back, and even the caddie was having trouble reading some subtle slopes back there.

This was not a particularly favorite hole of mine, but I've definitely played much worse ones :)

We played the Black tees here at 322 yards on the card.

This is ... well harder than it looks. Requires two of the hardest shots in golf ... straight ones especially the 2nd. To a deceptively deep green that really requires you to get your distance control right. 3 times I played it ... Par, Bogie, Par

I love this hole, even though I don't really remember anything other than the green.

Back