Brass tip weight not coming out?

leftybob

2024 GolfTEC Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I’m pulling some steel shaft out of some heads to replace with graphite. The tip weights are not coming out with the shaft.
IMG_0002.jpeg

I’m thinking pour a little bit of acetone down the hosel and poking the weight with a kabob stick until it comes out. Anyone have a better way to do this?

Heat should get that out. It’s never fun

Direct the heat into the hosel, that will speed up the process a bit. Then needle nose pliers should be able to pull it out.

Heat needle nose pliers or a pick. Enough heat and a quick tap against the bench if you’re the overly lucky type.

Easy - I have to do it all the time.. Get a metal rod about 2 feet long and about ,094 or .125 dia -- stick in the butt end grip hole and let it down to the weight - add a little heat - not much -- and lift the shaft up vertically and shake it firmly up and down and let the rod act as a hammer. works every time and no damage ever. with steel shaft you can go to a bigger dia rod.. (y)

It is very easy to thread brass with a tap to hold a machine screw.

Heat, a small flathead screwdriver & a little slamming the top of the hosel I got them out.

I had to do the rest of the heads and made sure to put more heat at the bottom of the shaft and only one tip weight stuck. A little more heat and needle nose pliers and the weight came out easy.

I had to drill two of these bitches out today. Hate.

Had this happen when soft tipping the Apex 21s. After some trial and error I found the easiest way was putting the hosel in in the heat cone of heat gun and hold gun vertical (up) for about minute the grab the weight with forceps and pull it out. For pulling the remaining clubs I used a mini-torch to heat the hosel down low until the shaft extractor would push the head off, tip weight stayed with the shaft.

Back