Absolutely crapped the bed in my Wednesday league last night. Just could not get comfortable for whatever reason and it was very frustrating. I couldn't have had more than 5 decent pocket hits all night.

156/148/173 = 477
I went through a stretch like that. It's really frustrating.

Not mine but saw a pocket 7-8-10 Tuesday night. Talk about some bad racks.

Looks like I have a new ball incoming. Hammer Raw.

New one for the boy. Killed it yesterday 236 (newest high game) and 224.

I need to start bowling in a league again. I was a maniac before my two knee surgeries, I was in like 4 competitive leagues during the winter.

Luckily, I had a decent rebound night last night (593). Tonight's the real test as I return back to the scene/lane of the crime from my debacle last week. My teammate last night had the front 7, then guttered in the 8th lol.

Another 593 last night. Had a solid game 2 (225), but had a rough game 3. The team went 2-5 last night, unfortunately (2 pts for each game, 1 pt for total pinfall).

I forgot to post about last week's results. I had a pretty good night, although a little disappointed with game 3 for a couple of reasons. 208-253-191 for a 652 series.

We went into the night a game and a half in first place. I knew that I could get a 700 series with a 239 or better on the last game and started off very well, then opened in back-to-back frames on a 10 pin and 9 pin. Ugh. Plus we lost the 3rd game by 2 pins and went 2-2 on the night. The team trailing us went 4-0, so we dropped below them by a 1/2 game. Roll-offs are tonight, so we get a chance to take the top spot back. We need to go 3-1 to win the first half of the league.

Had some OK sets the last few weeks.

Last week lanes were absolutely fried, but I was still able to find a good look. Had to keep speed up and make sure pushed ball through the heads.
4 games were 203-248-257-224 for a 932

Got a new ball last week to compliment my Roto Grip Gem, got the follow up to it, the Exotic Gem. The Exotic in practice was a lot stronger than the Gem with it's pearl coverstock. Used it the last game when I was still able to keep speed up and getting through the heads when the Gem was dieing out. Early thoughts is that this one is gonna be a great one. It rolls almost identical to my older Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused that I loved so much and which gave me multiple honor scores, it sadly cracked last summer and I have been looking for it's replacement with no luck.

Weeks prior were 814(rough night of carry) and 890, also 4 games each set. :cool:

Heading out to league here in a few, position round for the first half.

Going to be tough to follow last weeks 191, 279, 258 but certainly going to give it a go

Heading out to league here in a few, position round for the first half.

Going to be tough to follow last weeks 191, 279, 258 but certainly going to give it a go
We had our position round last week and went 1-3 and dropped to 3rd place to finish the first half of the season. I had a rough go with 172-214-170. Pretty disappointing finish to the first half, dropping 5 out of 8 games and 2 spots in the standings. However, if you had told me we would finish there before the season started, I would have gladly accepted it. It is our highest finish ever in this league.

Last night was a bit better, going 190-214-180.

We ended up taking 7 of 9 points last night. Shot 640 something and kind of struggled the last game a bit. I think we finished in like 5th place for the first half. Not bad. Avg finished at 209 for the first half I believe. Not too bad and can't complain for not having bowling in 6 years.

I had the best night of bowling I've had in a looong time. Started the first game with a five-bagger and ended up shooting 241. Followed that game starting with six in row and finished with a 275. I only needed a 184 to get my first 700 series in forever. I just couldn't get on track with the strikes, and had the only two open frames I had for the night, a ten pin and a missed 6-9-10 conversion. Still, I had a shot at the 700, needing two strikes in the 10th. I had a good pocket hit on the first ball, unfortunately the 10-pin refused to fall. I ended up with a 176 and a 692 series.

Overall, really happy with the series, but pretty disappointed I couldn't finish well. We took all 4 points for the team, so it was a good night.

Last edited:
Been a bit since updating how league is going.
Have had several good weeks with a few more good runs at trying to get another 300.

217, 237, 234 and 277 for a 965 4 game series
258, 278, 211, and 225 for a 972 4 game series

This past week, on super torched lanes 207,214,200,226 for 847 4 game series.

Average is up to 221 on the season and spare shooting has been a certain highlight. Single pin conversion is 96% 147/152 with all 5 misses being 10 pin which is 92% converted.

Probably the best all around bowling night I’ve ever had. Went 173-143-128-182. Will be sore tomorrow.
December bowling night was cancelled. Started strong in 2023 with a 174-152. The 152 was really solid after starting 9-9-9-9-9-…

I used to bowl a ton, about 16 years ago, and have probably gone once or twice a year since then. Went last night and the itch is coming back. The last bowling ball I bought was 2006, a Columbia 300 action packed. I'm thinking about getting a new ball, but have no idea what is good. I wish there was a place like THP for bowling to get some research done, but then realized, there's probably a bowling thread in THP which is just as good lol.

I'm looking for recommendations for a bowling ball. I wouldn't be doing any leagues, but probably looking at going at least a few times a month or more. About my game, I'm self taught, I only use 2 finger holes and palm the ball with the rest of my hand. I used to average 190 doing this, with my high score being over 270. I'm not looking to change my technique, just looking for a ball that I can put some good spin on (I know where you get it drilled also impacts this). The lane conditions would be mostly house lanes, nothing too tough.

Any recommendations on some good balls to look at. I was poking around last night and saw a review on the Storm Phase 5, looks like one I'd like (actually, wish they still made the Spectre, that sounds like a ball for me). Any other good balls I should be checking out?

we haven't bowled since our dating days and the annual fundraiser... wife and I had fun... I'm rusty!

I used to bowl a ton, about 16 years ago, and have probably gone once or twice a year since then. Went last night and the itch is coming back. The last bowling ball I bought was 2006, a Columbia 300 action packed. I'm thinking about getting a new ball, but have no idea what is good. I wish there was a place like THP for bowling to get some research done, but then realized, there's probably a bowling thread in THP which is just as good lol.

I'm looking for recommendations for a bowling ball. I wouldn't be doing any leagues, but probably looking at going at least a few times a month or more. About my game, I'm self taught, I only use 2 finger holes and palm the ball with the rest of my hand. I used to average 190 doing this, with my high score being over 270. I'm not looking to change my technique, just looking for a ball that I can put some good spin on (I know where you get it drilled also impacts this). The lane conditions would be mostly house lanes, nothing too tough.

Any recommendations on some good balls to look at. I was poking around last night and saw a review on the Storm Phase 5, looks like one I'd like (actually, wish they still made the Spectre, that sounds like a ball for me). Any other good balls I should be checking out?
Phase 5 is a really good ball.

Spectre unfortunately was too good of a ball. My team mate had that ball and used it before it was banned. He shot a crazy high score with it, an 868 series for 3 games!!

Phase 5 is a really good ball.

Spectre unfortunately was too good of a ball. My team mate had that ball and used it before it was banned. He shot a crazy high score with it, an 868 series for 3 games!!

Thanks! For the type of bowling I’m doing, I’d be fine using a banned ball lol.

Have to brag about my boy.

JV tournament on Saturday. The team came in 9th out of 24 and Connor came in 19th out of 100 kids.

Big bowling night for me tonight as I think that I am finally coming out of my first major slump as a league bowler. I went through a rough 3 week stretch where I struggled to reach 500. I had a 590 last week in my 2nd league, so hopefully I can build on that progress. Been pretty sloppy on some makeable spares and had some pretty rough first throws. We have tanked in the standings over the last month.

Last two weeks out were good:

234-182-201-263 for a nice 886 series, we bowl 4 games in match play format

This week the center had new pins installed earlier in the week. Carry is always affected by new pins. Had a good night in spite of too many corners pins.

Shot 216-235-218-256 for a 925 series and only one open on the night with a pocket 7-9 split which is weird for a righty to leave.

Our league is in 1/3's and currently we are in 2nd place by 1 point for this 1/3. We are all peaking at the right time for this time of year as wecan make a run to make our league playoffs in May. Playoffs are fun and we bowl 8 games total and the winner takes a huge payout.

I haven't posted recently because I've been in a funk for a few weeks. Finally broke out Tuesday with a 189-222-214. Nothing really outstanding, but sorely needed for my confidence and we took all 4 points to boot.

Haven't posted in here in a while myself. Been kind of bored with bowling this last month or so. Had front 9 last week and on the 10th the ball literally fell right off my hand and right in the gutter, man I was not happy to say the least. It had been awhile since I've had an honor score. Don't even know what happened it was weird, honestly don't think thats happened to me like ever.

Back