Bob Bettinardi vs. Scotty Cameron - Chime in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must vote for Bettinardi, not only because I think his putters are works of art, but also because I'm a sales rep for his brand!

Bob has moved out from under Mizuno's shadow as a neglected sub-brand and is now in total control of his product lines. The 2010 line is fantastic and the upcoming 2011 line is going to be huge. Scotty Cameron makes great putters, but in a way I feel he's become a victim of his own success, releasing putters that don't seem to reflect the exclusivity he once had. Everybody and their grandmother has a Scotty Cameron Putter these days.

Bob Bettinardi's putters continue to be exclusive and hard to find, because he is only selling to green grass accounts (golf course pro shops) and staying out of the big box retail price wars. Bettinardi's quality is top notch because every putter is 100% milled in the USA in controlled batches under his direct supervision, not in a factory overseas. Bob's office is just a few feet from the production floor at Bettinardi HQ in Tinley Park Illinois, and his machinists and designers are well trained and passionate about what they do. Few companies making golf clubs today enjoy such an advantage. I can't wait to show everyone the 2011 line!

I must vote for Bettinardi, not only because I think his putters are works of art, but also because I'm a sales rep for his brand!

Bob has moved out from under Mizuno's shadow as a neglected sub-brand and is now in total control of his product lines. The 2010 line is fantastic and the upcoming 2011 line is going to be huge. Scotty Cameron makes great putters, but in a way I feel he's become a victim of his own success, releasing putters that don't seem to reflect the exclusivity he once had. Everybody and their grandmother has a Scotty Cameron Putter these days.

Bob Bettinardi's putters continue to be exclusive and hard to find, because he is only selling to green grass accounts (golf course pro shops) and staying out of the big box retail price wars. Bettinardi's quality is top notch because every putter is 100% milled in the USA in controlled batches under his direct supervision, not in a factory overseas. Bob's office is just a few feet from the production floor at Bettinardi HQ in Tinley Park Illinois, and his machinists and designers are well trained and passionate about what they do. Few companies making golf clubs today enjoy such an advantage. I can't wait to show everyone the 2011 line!

We believe The 2011 line is featured in our Fall magazine issue which we are thrilled about.

Last edited:
That's Awesome JB. I think people will be really excited to see them and I can't wait to show them off to our accounts!

Id have to go with Bettinardi because I like the way he mills the faces of his putters.

gosh I can't pick with only two choices among many.Kinda like going to a buffet but limited to only two of the offerings.

I'd choose Bettinardi for completely unfair reasoning.

That being - the 'image' SC off-the-shelf putters have in my mind alone. They don't seem exclusive to me.

Also, I liked the feel of the Mizuno Betti, so the real deal would be quite special.

Betti.

On top of the fact that IMO they are MUCH better looking and feeling....I honestly just have an utter distain and distaste for anything Scotty, I just cannot stand what he or the company is/stands-for. But, thats just me and my extremely hostile opininion LOL.

Keep the opinions coming.

does cameron have a heel shafted putter?

Napa. Check out our Wilson Staff 8882 thread for a comical thing about that.

i vaguely remember that...need to look back at it.

not gonna lie, kinda want to ask you for a link, just to be "that guy". but i'll dig for sure. i spent an hour reading through old threads last night while you fools were drafting....that's how addicted i am.

thanks bro, but i actually looked for it myself and read it. ironically, in the thread i actually asked you if it was a napa, haha.

i can honestly say that i've never rolled a cameron putter and i've only ever rolled one bettinardi (at the spring outing) so my opinion doesn't have a lot of experience behind it, but i think i just prefer the design and color schemes of the bettinardi's.

I want to say sc, but I aint gonna.

I have rolled a BB from the Mizuno era. Oh my god... Great roll, and if price wasn't an option, ohhhh yeah....

But the white hot #9 is MUCH cheaper...

I like both makers alot, the jeweled faces of the Bettinardi's are beautifiul to look at and they putt very well, but I like my Scotty, not a slight against anyone, just preference.

Last edited:
Can I vote for Bob, but I want Scotty to steal the design?

I have never hit a Bettinardi but I would pick him over Scotty. I dont think there is anything special other then the price of a Scotty Cameron putter (just my opinion after testing a few in shops) and I think that the Bettinardis look really cool and at least give you that something extra for the money.

I would pick a Bettinardi given the choice. I haven't ever hit one, and have only hit my friends Scotty a couple times. I don't have any other reason other than looks but more so that I like having equipment that is different than what the mass market typically has. See lot's of scotty's out on the courses, but don't know that I've ever ween a Bettinardi out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back