Bizarre, weird, or odd town names near you

Bourbon IL
Bugtussle KY

ZZyyxx California.
How the hell do you pronounce that? Me and the ex used to drive from LA to Vegas every year on holiday. We’d always look out for the sign, then spend the next 100 miles trying to work out how you say it!!
This ain’t near me, it’s in the Orkney’s off Scotland, but my favourite place name ever!!!
51F10299-CA24-47FA-959E-6EFE23A9CDC1.jpeg

Slapout

Pink

Hooker

zzyyxx is prounced ZY-ZIKS (zie ziks) as in Sigh sics. (or you could just sneeze). and the correct spelling is:

Zzyzx , formerly Soda Springs, is an unincorporated community in San Bernardino County, California, within the boundaries of the Mojave National Preserve. It is the former site of the Zzyzx Mineral Springs and Health Spa and now the site of the Desert Studies Center.

I don't live near it, but have driven through on a few of occasions. There is a small town in south-central Iowa called What Cheer.

I live about 40 miles from What Cheer. The best part is you have to go through Delta to get there from where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever been to Truth or Consequences. NM?

Show Low, AZ
Happy Jack, AZ
Tuba City, AZ
Chloride, AZ
Bagdad, AZ
Santa Claus, AZ
Nothing, AZ
Why, AZ
Three Way, AZ

I probably could keep going.

NM had one of the best....Truth or Consequences, NM

I live in Mesick, MI.

Nothing funny about it, just odd. I often wonder what the story is behind the name.

The Top Gear guys had an issue driving through “F*cking” in Austria...

In Mississippi, we've got Panther Burn, Chunky, Hot Coffee, Nitta Yuma, Noxapater, Itta Bena, Alligator and Soso.

you left out my favorite, Possumneck (which, by the way, is located 5 miles east of West).

Fuquay-Varina, NC. Not sure what is means. But, people like saying it.

Also, Chinquapin, NC.
Due to a local mineral spring Fuquayquickly became known as FuquaySprings and was incorporated in 1909. The name Varina comes from a Fayetteville resident who wrote to inspire a young soldier during the Civil War under the pen name Varina. The soldier later married the woman and they settled in the south of Fuquay.

We have a few strange place names in the north-east including

No Place
Snods Edge

@Mark_UK there is also a place called Gentleman's Cave on Orkney as well

Yahk, BC - between Creston and Cranbrook, north of Good Grief, ID, and Yaak, MT

Back