Birdie Fest or Bogey Free

• Total voters

Scarnici

#TeamParadise
Reaction score
After reading JayMo's would you rather thread it got me to thinking...

Lets say your playing in a 2 day non handicap stroke play tournament. Would you rather make lets say 15 birdies over the 2 rounds or go bogey free??

Last edited:
15 birdies without a doubt. That means I'm rolling the putter well!

In a non-HC, I assume a stroke-play event? Whichever one gets me the lowest score.

Birdies!

Whatever gets me the better score at the end.

I'll take the birdies please.

15 birdies in 36 holes...you betcha!

I'll take the birdies all day every day. Circles on the score card make me happy!

After reading JayMo's would you rather thread it got me to thinking...

Lets say your playing in a 2 day non handicap stroke play tournament. Would you rather make lets say 15 birdies over the 2 rounds or go bogey free??

If I'm carding 15 birdies I like my chances. Bogey free? Meh.

Birdies for days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 birdies....oh yeah. That is like two months worth for me. When I was a 3 for several years I did not make many birdies. It requires a different style than I can accommodate :-(. To go low I have to avoid the big number or at least that is what my brain says and that means you leave too many holes alone to have a chance at 15 birdies.
Yes, 15 birdies on any weekend would be something to hang my hat on!!

Both....Bogey free round with 15 birdies and the rest pars.

Birdies...ALL DAY LONG!

I'm a big chaser of bogey free rounds. Just like when I bowl, I'm a big chaser of games without open frames.

At the level of golf we're all probably playing, give me no bogeys! 18 pars or a bunch of pars and the occasional few birdies. You'd win damn near everything you play in.

Birdies no doubt

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Birdies are soooo much more fun!

Birds all day! And if I make 15 birds over two days, I’m headed to q-school in the fall or a Monday qualifier at the least.

Birdies. 100%

I think over 36 holes 15 birdies was too much ha ha.

If I was to rethink the question I would probably set it at 8 or 9

15 birdies because that really should be lower. Now a bogey free tournament with birdies would be special. I have had rounds with 4-7 birdies but never a bogey free round.

I'll take 15 birdies in two days any time. I've never had a bogey-free round, and that would be awesome. But I've never even come close to something like 15 birdies in two rounds, and I doubt I ever will.

My father taught me when I was young to count every hole as a Par 5. When you break 90 consistently, see me. That lead me to bogey-free mindset. Still play that way today. If you do that birdies will happen. When I go for birdies, double bogies enter the equation.

Birdies for sure. If you made 15 birdies that would only leave 21 other holes. If you are playing and putting good enough for 15 birdies surely you can par at least half or more of the other 21 holes. Assuming that you par 10 holes and bogey 11 holes out of those 21 you'd finish -4 for the two rounds. But we all know what assuming leads to. Lol.

Back