Biggest thing hurting your game currently?

Putting. It's not bad, but I'd if I converted on half my putts that are burning edges, or really close, it would take me that next step. Need to read greens better, and learn how to adjust when my reads aren't working.

Actually playing.
Health issues, or should I say injuries have hampered me the past 5-6 years. Almost quit the game all together. Played a round with a friend from work and decided I really wanted to get back to playing.
Started taking lessons almost monthly and was ready to start hitting there course again back in April, but hurt my back. Had to sit out all summer.
Back to hitting the range at least 4 times a week and taking lessons every couple weeks. Plus started working out at the gym at work. Getting stronger and faster before hitting the course next spring, but I will be ready to go.

Easy. No practice.

Lack of focus? Bad ball striking? Bad decision making? Picking the wrong clubs for situation? Injury/health? Other?
Lack of playing/practice

Weather. Hard to dress for New England weather as it is heading toward winter.

Missing greens. Sometimes wedge issues.

Putting.

Iron play. I can hit a driver well, my numbers are good, I strike a good ball. My irons on the other hand are crap. Unbelievably crap! I cannot hit an iron to save my life which considering how well I hit my driver, is super frustrating!

My irons. Not so much hitting them, just that they are 21 years old and I know they don’t do me any favors.

Getting off the tee. The Big Dog is headstrong and goes where ever it likes. I can't grip and rip and i don't have a fairway finder swing for it.
Sometimes getting the line right on putting. I need a more forgiving putter.
I can play straight conservative golf all day, with everything else.

It’s two fold with me lately. Poor putting has always been an issue. Around July I started having a 2 way miss with the driver, then I started trying to guide it resulting in a 2 way miss and a loss of 10 yards. The 2 way miss also then causes 3-4 penalty strokes or more if OB

Irons for me. Driver and short game are sort of middling, but the irons have been a struggle for a few years now.

Being old - in fact my kids are older than most of the guys with whom I play. This has to stop :D

Ham fisted short game. It's absolutely brutal. I'm working hard on it, but it's this close to officially being the yips. I've gone from being able to hit a simple chip shot to thinning everything.

I say it's almost like the yips because I chip fine in practice. And I've put literal hours a week into my short game this year. But somewhere early on I'll blade something over the green, panic sets in and I'm a short game mess the rest of the round.

Hope springs eternal though. Once again, I think I'm onto something after multiple practice sessions since my last round. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

The six inches between my ears

michael jackson lyrics GIF

Consistency overall. Just can't seem to put all good shots together

I’m getting on a plane heading home to Illinois from the Big Island. Temps will not be conducive to playing when I get home.

Putting inside 10' and short game. Big focus items for me in the off season and going into next. I could get down to a 6-7 cap if I could improve those to just a 10 cap level - my tee game and irons prop me up at my current cap.

Winter..

Short season. I finally feel like I’m getting into a groove and we’re flirting with freezing temperatures.

I need to figure out an indoor sim at home.

Tee shots. When I can put the ball on the fairway, I always have a real chance for a par. But too often I put the ball in the woods/rough/water/younameit. If I can fix my tee game, scores will drop by at least 5.

And right now, it's also the weather, most courses are already closed.

My eye sight.
I don't play very much because I can't see where the ball goes and I get tired of asking "anybody see that?".
I just play in scramble because eveybody watches every one's shots....most of the time.

Back