Best Without Win?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan H is back with a really interesting article about the best PGA Tour players on tour without a win. Do you agree with the article? Who else would you have on the list?

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=13564

id add Fowler, his problem that i see is he always has that one bad round, i hope he gets a win this year!! and agree id like to see marino get one also!

Of the 2 mentioned in the article, I pick Jeff O to break through first, and I agree with MK about Rickie.

I am really hoping that Jeff Overton gets a win this year. He was a blast to watch in the Ryder Cup and really does seem like one of the good guys.

Of the 2 mentioned in the article, I pick Jeff O to break through first, and I agree with MK about Rickie.

+1.......Thats were I'M at....

Love the picks. Steve Marino is real close.

• Admin
Fowler and Webb Simpson would be on an expanded list in my opinion. Both are real close as well. Ironically this shows how much popularity plays a role though. Overton in Fowler have very similar finishes (although Overton has been "close" longer), yet you ask most and they pick Fowler because the name draws. Strictly my opinion of course.

Fowler and Webb Simpson would be on an expanded list in my opinion. Both are real close as well. Ironically this shows how much popularity plays a role though. Overton in Fowler have very similar finishes (although Overton has been "close" longer), yet you ask most and they pick Fowler because the name draws. Strictly my opinion of course.

But its a good one Jb. While writing I already forgot the second guys name.....lol

Agree to that, plus I think both have to be very close to winning soon. I like both of their chances.

A guy I keep picking for my fantasy team is Kevin Na. Slow but good

I am going to pick Steve Marino to get the first win. Jeff Overton will not be far behind and both of these players along with Rickie Fowler will be making some waves on Tour soon. Good read!

Jeff O is due for a solid win, just as the rest of everyone I think Rickie Fowler is at the top of list as well. Once Rickie wins his first tournament it will be a snowball effect of winning.

I think of the two, I'd say Overton, but I'm really surprised people aren't mentioning Webb Simpson more. He has been close twice recently and really should have taken a win if he hadn't had a bit of bad luck at Zurich.

I think Marino, Overton, RF and Webb will all win soon but who will have staying power and who will be a one hit wonder?
I like Steve to break the seal first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also add Fowler and Overton. Fowler always seems to have one bad round or a couple bad holes that ruin it for him. Overton is playing well so far this week, so we'll see if he can pull it off.

Totally agree with you here. Most people you talk to will say yeah Rickie or Overton who? I think it's gonna be Overton first with a win this week.

rickie is already playing like hes won before, he skips alot of events

rickie is already playing like hes won before, he skips alot of events

Good point and I don't understand it at all. It seems he's only playing tourneys that the other big names are playing now, or ones that are going to draw a huge crowd.

exactly he needs to play in the lesser events to up his chances of getting that first win

exactly he needs to play in the lesser events to up his chances of getting that first win

He had two really good chances last year in two smaller events. You would think he'd keep those up.

Nice article Hawk. I love topics like this. Of course, I do feel as though Rickie Fowler is probably the most popular or known golfer w/out a W. My heart breaks for Overton b/c he should've won at the Greenbriar last year but just fell victim to one of those magical rounds from another competitor. I think once any of these guys wins, the flood gates open. Getting that first one has to be tough.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see old Tommy Gainey in the winner's circle soon. He's playing such good golf for a rookie.

Nice article Hawk. I love topics like this. Of course, I do feel as though Rickie Fowler is probably the most popular or known golfer w/out a W. My heart breaks for Overton b/c he should've won at the Greenbriar last year but just fell victim to one of those magical rounds from another competitor. I think once any of these guys wins, the flood gates open. Getting that first one has to be tough.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see old Tommy Gainey in the winner's circle soon. He's playing such good golf for a rookie.

That's a good point. Two Gloves has been right there all year it seems. TC, between the two, who gets the win first. Overton or Marino? Same question for Simpson and Fowler?

I'd say Fowler. I love watching play!

That's a good point. Two Gloves has been right there all year it seems. TC, between the two, who gets the win first. Overton or Marino? Same question for Simpson and Fowler?

hmm, tough question. I'd have to take Marino and Fowler to be honest. I think Overton's to damn emotional when things get into crunch time. Fowler will win soon enough, it's just a matter of things clicking for 4 days.

Out of Marino and Overton, I would say Marino is the best without a win. Another guy I would say is on the fringe of the discussion could be Bredon deJonge. He earned over 2 mil last year and had 7 top 10's with 3 top 3's. Luckily Tim Clark won at the players last year or this wouldn't even be a debate haha

I'd like to see Fowler win because I'm starting to think he is a male Anna Kournikova

Back