Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip in birdie from about 5' off the green. Normally I would have putted this one, but for some reason I brought my wedge with me to the ball. It was the right choice today.

Chip in birdie from about 5' off the green. Normally I would have putted this one, but for some reason I brought my wedge with me to the ball. It was the right choice today.

Great hot. Gratz!

Tappin' for world peace!

My best shot today was a perfectly executed flop with my new Vokey 58*. Never tried this on the course with this club, but had hit a few practice shots prior to today. I found myself way right with a bunker between me and the little tongue of the green where the pin was located. Green is maybe 8 or 9 yards wide there, with another bunker on the other side. Popped the ball up really nice; it didn't have much backspin and rolled forward just the right amount. left me with an easy, 4 foot uphill putt for par.....after that bogey it was on to the 16th tee!

had 2 ridiculous putts today
had a birdie putt from 3ft off the green to a middle pin placement... tried to lag it close but it went right in
2nd putt was on 18
pushed my approach shot and skulled a chip onto the green in a bad spot
hole was a few paces from the edge of the water and on a ridge that everyone hates... my ball was on the opposite end of the ridge on the other side of the green
way above the hole... all i did was tap it
thought i was gonna 5 putt but it wobbled really slowly right into the hole for a par save... great feeling since 18 is the most brutal hole on the course

Hole 17 - Par 4 435 yd, uphill and into wind today.

Tee'd off with 4i just to try to keep it into play, (was 1 up on playing partner with 2 holes left). Had 226 left to pin tucked at the back of the green, grabbed 3w, choked down an inch, and hit a low stinger. Hit a mound in front of the green, popped up, rolled towards the flag and left me a ~20ft putt for birdie. Missed but tap in par. Partner made a 6 after witnessing such a "lucky" shot.

Sunk two nice 15 footers today. One was on the first hole for bogey, the other was on the 18th for par. In between were 88 mostly non-memorable shots.

Had a couple today. One was a 40 yard gap wedge pitch that hit 3 feet from the pin and stopped dead due to the spin (thank you Srixon Q star), and the other was a 150 yard par 3 8 iron that i stuck to 5 feet (made the birdie!)

Mine yesterday was not that great of a shot, but the circumstances made it worthwhile. Getting in a solo practice round after work. When I got to the tee on a short par 3, the threesome ahead of me was putting out.....but when the first guy sank his putt he waived me through?? I was content to wait until they finished and then catch them at the next tee, but they all cleared the green and didn't even put the pin in the cup. It was about 135-140 yards, quite a bit downhill, and I striped a smooth 9 iron that hit 2 feet from the cup and just stuck right there.

The other guys fixed my pitch mark and putted out, then let me go ahead to the next tee. No one said "nice shot", and they didn't even stick around to watch me sink the birdie putt, but at least I was able to play through without incident.

Mine yesterday was not that great of a shot, but the circumstances made it worthwhile. Getting in a solo practice round after work. When I got to the tee on a short par 3, the threesome ahead of me was putting out.....but when the first guy sank his putt he waived me through?? I was content to wait until they finished and then catch them at the next tee, but they all cleared the green and didn't even put the pin in the cup. It was about 135-140 yards, quite a bit downhill, and I striped a smooth 9 iron that hit 2 feet from the cup and just stuck right there.

The other guys fixed my pitch mark and putted out, then let me go ahead to the next tee. No one said "nice shot", and they didn't even stick around to watch me sink the birdie putt, but at least I was able to play through without incident.

Great shot! Awkward story. Perhaps they were jealous? I know I would have said great shot and probably make a joke asking if you give lessons or something to that effect.

Anyways....nice birdie!

20+ foot putt for par on the second hole, nothing else came close the rest of the day!

20+ foot putt for par on the second hole, nothing else came close the rest of the day!

Well at least you drained a nice putt on 2!

Great Putt, that had to feel good. I couldn't get anything outside of 10 feet to drop all day today.

Sherill Park Course One. 145 yard par three, Hole 3. 8i to about 6 feet, made the putt for birdie.

215 yrd drive just barely carrying the edge of the water
wind was howling like 30mph+
hit a nice low bullet draw

318 yd drive on the 18th, granted the wind helped out a good bit, and it was my second tee shot after the first hit the desert.

Best shot today was a 3 hybrid 208 into some wind and it never left the flag. Landed softly at about 6 feet. Made the birdie putt. Just simply pured it!

Pretty sad ballstriking today. I did have to sink a 10 footer on 18 to keep my total putts in the 20's. Drained it. Was pumped!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Two drives over 250 today and another 242 and one 238. Basically most of my drives in general were decent today. Finally getting some right to left movement on them about half the time.

Two drives over 250 today and another 242 and one 238. Basically most of my drives in general were decent today. Finally getting some right to left movement on them about half the time.

Internet golf at its best...hehe
Glad to see your practice is paying off

I see Smalls has started playing on concrete

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Internet golf at its best...hehe
Glad to see your practice is paying off
Thanks tad. 250 yard drives are few and far between usually. To get two in one round and another couple close feels good. Was using a 9.5* Superfast from the sale clubs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back