Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a par 5, I sliced my driver off the tee (surprise surprise). Got good distance but went right towards a fairway bunker. I was sitting 190 out, the ball was on the grass downslope into the bunker. I had to setup in the bunker with the ball at about knee level, buried pretty good in the rough, the good news is I had a good line out towards the green. Choked up on my 4 iron aimed at the flag and hoped for the best. It more resembled a swing on a slider on the outside corner than it did a golf swing, but somehow it worked out I pushed it about 10 yards right but ended up just short of pin high on the green. I could not believe I ended up on the green from that location.

All that and I 3 putted (one of my 2 for the round) for a par, thats the let down in the story.

Par 5, pushed 3 wood slightly so was in light rough and slightly blocked off by some tress. Was 195 yards out and had to play a slight fade (my usual shot is a draw and struggle to hit a fade). Set up with my 7 iron, opened the face a little and forced an out to in swing, struck the ball absolutely flush and it just took off. Faded around the tree, landed on the green, one bounce, stop. Left the eagle putt on the right lip, but tapped in for birdie.

Hit a 4 iron off the tee about 220yds with a slight draw, landed right side of the fairway.

Drove my first par 4 green today. Was from the white tees so was only 280 or so (actual drive was 269 with breeze helping but green is protected by water on 2 sides and bunkers) Was so excited I blasted the eagle putt by 6ft. Fortunately I made the return birdie putt! Best 9 I've ever played so far.

3/4 LW from 66 yards. Been practicing that shot for months - calm swing yet a lot of zip on it. Bit of an elevated green, flag close to front. Carried it just on the green, hop, hop, zip. 5 inches for birdie.

120 to a severely uphill green. Crushed a 52 and ended 10 feet away from the hole. Also had 110 on the last hole, and stuck a 52 to 3 feet.

120 to a severely uphill green. Crushed a 52 and ended 10 feet away from the hole. Also had 110 on the last hole, and stuck a 52 to 3 feet.

Dang Jacob, that's some great distance and a heckuva shot out of a 52 to an uphill green man!

7i from the 150 stick for my only tap in birdie of the day

Hard dog leg left par 4, used 5 iron to tee off pushed it some to edge of rough, and left me 161 out. Stuck it to 2 an half feet then tapped it in for my only birdie of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard dog leg left par 4, used 5 iron to tee off pushed it some to edge of rough, and left me 161 out. Stuck it to 2 an half feet then tapped it in for my only birdie of the day.

Where ya been man? Nice shot BTW.

My best shot of the round yesterday on the 18th. It's a 360 yard dog leg left par 4 with water in front of the green. I hit 4i off the tee which left me 122 yards in the middle of the fairway with a down hill lie. Pin was dead center of the green with a slight wind in our face. I hit my 52* wedge about 3 feet short of the pin.....best part of the kick in birdie is I lipped it out! It's a funny game of inches, and i played it the wrong inch.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

When I played wednesday on the par 3 4th hole 165 to the center hole was front right playing just over 150 to the hole. I hit a 7i a foot left of the hole and stopped it a foot behind the hole for a short tap in birdie.

c6e4e0b2-86b4-e983.jpg

Par3 3rd at oasis 173 to pin6 iron 8 feet short

Putt stopped on the lip :(

#12 at my home course, about 185 yard par 3. The last hole on the course where a big number is very possible. Water right, OB left, bunker short and right...pin tucked back right just behind the bunker. Smoke a 6 iron to 10 feet and made an easy par whilst my opponent put his in the bunker and made bogey. Effectively killed the tournament in my favor.

c6e4e0b2-86b4-e983.jpg

Par3 3rd at oasis 173 to pin6 iron 8 feet short

Putt stopped on the lip :(

it was heading right at the pin the entire time, an awesome shot!

so many shots to pick from lol

#9, par 5 cant remember how far the hole was but after my drive I was 232 yards to center of the green.

I CRUSHED a 3H to pin high just off of the fringe on the right side. Just missed the eagle putt, and had a nice tap in Birdie!

My best shot followed my worst shot.... 390y par 4, I basically popped up my 2H off the tee. I was left with 218y for my second shot. Hit the 4H to 10ft and 2 putted for par. After that drive I was happy with the par.

184 to the pin on a par 3. Hit I nice 6i right at the pin. Finished 4 ft short and I made the put for a solid birdie.

35 foot uphill putt that broke left to right after the ridge. Just looked like it was gonna go in the whole way. Nice way to save par after an errant tee shot forced me to pitch back onto the fair way, 3 wood from 240 out was 20 yards short and right of the green, pitch on was way short. Putt saved the hole.

On the 14th on Sunday.

Hit my first OB and my second to the fairway. It's a par 5 so I laid up to 100 meters. Pin was at the front of the green and I had a 91 meter carry to reCh the front and about 94 to the hole.

Hit my 50* wedge with a 3/4 swing. Pitched just on the green checked and ended 6 inches from the cup for a 6 with my second ball.

3 wood dont fail me now

3 wood dont fail me now

Was playing Eagle Dunes yesterday. Played really well on the front with the exception of 6 3 putts!!! Get to number 12, which is a longish par 4, not so much of a dogleg lft as it is just a straight left hole with a figure 8 green with 2 distinct tiers. So i get up and proceed to smoke one dead straight. I did mention that the hole goes left, correct? 275-285 yards later, im in the middle of a field that looks like it took sever mortar fire with all of the grass bunkers. Ive got 210-220 in, 2 bunkers guarding the flag and i hit a flag seeking missile that rolls up betwen the two bunkers and on the fringe, 15 feet away. I then proceed to 2 putt for my par:banana:. So my second putt was the best shot of my round:clapp:

Almost holed out from a greenside bunker. It was tracking the whole time and turned a hair at the end. Ended up on the lip of the hole, no green between the edge of the ball and the hole. Robbed, but still a great shot.

Second shot on a uphill par 4. 110 yards out so I pull my 56* wedge and knock my ball within a foot. Tapped in for my birdie. On the seventh hole, a 20 foot birdie putt slightly uphill breaking right to left the dropped dead in the middle of the cup. Then on #8, I was off the green by five feet and had another five or so until the flag, pulled the putter and dropped the putt for back to back birdies :banana:

The last hole yesterday par 5 about 500 yards. This hole bends to the right and the fairway is sloped left to right. It reminds me of a banked curve on a nascar track. I step up and happen to rip a drive just like i wanted it to start out, going to the left and fade back into the fairway. Well it goes a long way but doesn't fade enough and leaves me in the rough about 6 inches off the left side of the fairway. Downhill lie, ball settled in the rough, the GPS say 213 to the front of the green, the green is uphill. I pull out my 4 iron and make my best swing in quite some time. I watch the ball fade gently and then lose sight of it. We get up to the green and my ball is settled four yards off the green. That was one of the best swings and shots that I have hit in some time. Oh yea i chipped on and made par. what a way to end a round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back