Best Road Trip Snack?

Hope you spit the seeds in a cup or you're not riding in my car in Roanoke.

I had to look up what the hell Gardettos was. Looks like a Dollar Tree version of Chex Mix. I like the bold and zesty kind.

Typical fare for me is beef jerky, crab chips and a Wawa soft pretzel. Too bad I can only really get one of them up here.
Nope, always passenger seat floor boards.

Beef n' Cheddar stick, can of Red Seal, and a Gatorade is my go to.

Combos, beef jerky, and gummi bears go to the top for me, but I have also been known to eat a half dozen glazed donuts while driving. I don't like the stickiness and mess nor the self-loathing later, but I do love donuts.

Hope you spit the seeds in a cup or you're not riding in my car in Roanoke.

I had to look up what the hell Gardettos was. Looks like a Dollar Tree version of Chex Mix. I like the bold and zesty kind.

Typical fare for me is beef jerky, crab chips and a Wawa soft pretzel. Too bad I can only really get one of them up here.
Gardettos is head and shoulders above Chex mix - unless it’s homemade. Then it becomes close.

I'm a honey bun kinda guy.

Sunflower seeds., M&M'S (classic mix) and Mt. Dew. Road trip savers.

Road trip snacks have to not make a mess. That's my biggest take away. I love the Bold n Spicy Beaver nuggets but they can make a bit of a mess with the cheese dust on your fingers :) My other go to snacks are Pringles and Chick-o-stick simply because they don't make a mess.

@Bus I'm sure already has a list going for the trip down to Roanoke in the man van, not really a road snack person but I'll give most things a try.

Cosmic Crisp apples and extra sharp cheddar.

Beef jerky. Top of the podium and not coming down.

Full disclosure this is from my weekend shopping trip so I had a lot of it but I have a 10 hour, 6 hour and 2 3 hour destinations in the next 6 weeks or so to do.

IMG_2731.jpeg

They will get sorted into individual snack bags for ease of toddler and adult eating but we will have all sorts of junk food snacks.

Wheat Chex? Who hurt you?

You gotta understand the marinade/buttery spice mix absorption factor of the wheat Chex vs. the rice Chex or the corn Chex.

Trust me, open a bag and you’ll see. My brother and I studied it sometime during the 80’s. It’s real.

🤣

You gotta understand the marinade/buttery spice mix absorption factor of the wheat Chex vs. the rice Chex or the corn Chex.

Trust me, open a bag and you’ll see. My brother and I studied it sometime during the 80’s. It’s real.

🤣
It’s not sufficient to cover the taste of the wheat Chex itself.

Plus that much fiber on a road trip isn’t good for anybody.

Real beef jerky preferably. I wouldn't turn down a beef stick, but I prefer "real" beef sticks over a slim jim.
So do I, prefer the real beef jerky but I’m not scoffing at a stick.

Coffee and pretzels.

twizzlers

bonus points if you put more than 5 in your mouth at a time

🤣
You couldn't be more right. Wheat Chex are vastly superior to all others for butter/seasoning absorption.

Back