Best meals/recipes you like to make in the winter/colder months?

rlew

Regulators, 2023 Budget Golf Championship #MountUp
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yes, some of you enjoy the sunshine year around, but many us are either already in or preparing for the winter and the colder season. And we all know that some meals just hit better when it's cold outside.

What are your go-to meals/recipes when the winter arrives? Chili? Soups? Pastas? Comfort foods? Crockpot meals? We've already run through a few of our go-tos a few times!

What are your favorite cold-weather meals or recipes?

One of ours is a pork ramen dish where you prep everything in the morning and brown the outsides of the meat and then let it cook all day in the Crockpot. It's kinda perfect for a football Saturday or Sunday where you prep it and let it do its thing all day while you watch the games. Although we add several more hard-boiled eggs because it's so dang good with it.

Ramen.jpg

Chicken and dumplings
Red beans and rice
Soups - vegetable, potato, navy bean, black bean and chicken
Gumbo
Jambalaya
Stew - beef, pork

Ham n beans with cornbread!
Man yeah! Pintos or navys (with a ham hock) and corn bread are a staple at my house in the cool and cold times of the year.

Give me some chili...today it's only 57* here in Florida & would have been a perfect day to make it.

Beef Stew
Ham n bean soup
Lentil soup with sausage
Chili
Chicken Cacciatore
Pasta e fagioli
Jambalaya

One of ours is a pork ramen dish where you prep everything in the morning and brown the outsides of the meat and then let it cook all day in the Crockpot. It's kinda perfect for a football Saturday or Sunday where you prep it and let it do its thing all day while you watch the games. Although we add several more hard-boiled eggs because it's so dang good with it.

View attachment 9046761
I need this recipe!!

I bought a brown ski jacket just so I didn't have to worry about chowing down on some chili at the slopes. Love some chili!

I just made sausage and tortellini soup. I substituted chorizo for sausage. it is fantastic!

1637695640275.png

We do chili a lot in the winter. Easy and feeds us for a couple days

My crockpot is always working in the cold weather. Chili, chicken soup, potato soup, ham & potatoes... all good stuff. My wife's made a jambalaya in her InstaPot that's been a huge hit so I'm sure we'll have more of that over the coming months.

Gumbo
Soups - Split Pea w/ Ham, Beef Barley
Hot Dish
Chicken & Bisuits
Red Beans & Rice

Beef Stroganoff
Ham and Bean soup

Chili in the winter is always a go to for me.

Last edited:
Soups, stews, chili, meatloaf, stuffed cabbage. Really any comfort food. Anything that is filling, warming, and will stick to your ribs.

View attachment 9046761
I'll take that recipe please!

Chili. Made it a couple of weeks ago and plan to make it again Monday. Basically every other week while we have to endure this frigid sub-70 degree weather.

I just made sausage and tortellini soup. I substituted chorizo for sausage. it is fantastic!

View attachment 9046785

That I agree. If not the same one, I made one very close to it a few times and it was fantastic. That's a great food.

I make Mexican soup. Either Pozole or Caldo de Res. Both are great for a cold day.

Tex-Mex - Tacos Al Pastor, Chicken Enchiladas Verde
Pork Tamales with Chili Topping
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Vietnamese/Chinese Beef or Pork in a soup
Sloppy Joes with cheddar, onions.
Risotto
Seafood Gumbo

Back