evand23mc

Master of my own Domain
Reaction score
Handicap
I need to get some new golf shoes for this season. I had a pair of Nike's for the last couple of years, but the bottom came unglued and I had to finish the round with no spikes on one shoe. Very annoying. I have been looking at FootJoys and am hoping to spend less than $100. Anyone have any suggestions or anything I should stay away from. Thanks, Evan

There are so many good shoes out there these days. Most everything is made pretty high quality, more importantly you need to find something that fits your feet well. Would suggest keeping an eye on the "Deal of the Day" thread as there is always shoes in there for a bargain.

I have picked up $150 Adidas and Nike shoes for $60-$70 because they are last years model, etc. Last ones were Nike Lunar Controls which I really like.

First off, welcome to THP. Its hard to call one shoe the best over the other, because obviously people's feet are different. I have a few pairs of golf shoes and the ones I like the most right now are the Nike Lunar Controls. For less than $100, I would be inclined to be looking at last year's Lunar Controls and would love them at that price. Others I like quite a bit are the adidas Powerband lines (for the money) and the Callaway Del Mars. The Del Mars are a casual shoe though, so are quite different.

Truthfully, I love a lot of the different golf shoes, but when it comes to pure comfort, I always find myself reaching for the same few pairs.

Again, welcome to THP, enjoy your time here.

I do think it depends on your foot. FootJoys are typically just narrow enough in the toe that they end up causing some pretty bad pain after I wear them for a long period of time.

The most comfortable that I've ever worn are the Ecco Biom's but only had a few months, the last 2 pairs of Ecco's are still going strong, one as a real bad weather pair and one as a back up to the Biom's if I play 36.

However had Adidas and Footjoys as well that I've loved, in my experience they wear out a little quicker though.

Welcome aboard and enjoy THP, great place to be.

Another vote for the 2012 Nike Lunar Controls!

Nike just fits my foot well so that is what I go with and cant complain. Good luck and welcome to THP!

I have some Adidas Powerband 4.0 that are very comfortable. They can be had for cheap as well. Like others have said, there are so many shoes out there though that are under $100 and are very comfortable.

I would definitely check out the "deal of the day" thread - however, I will say that I just purchased a new pair of golf cleats after about 7 years...(love my old Nikes) and after trying on many shoes from Nikes to Adidas to Footjoys, I have realized that most of them run narrow (ESPECIALLY Adidas)- I was a bit restricted in my search with regards to that but settled on a 10.5 Wide size pair of Nike TW13s.

It all depends on your foot. I personally prefer the Adidas Tour 360 ATV's. You can find great deals on the older models right now with the introduction of the 2013 models. That said you really should go try on several pairs and see whats best for you.

I'm personally partial to FJ. For the traditional golf shoe, it just doesn't get that much better than the FJ Sport to me. Amazing looking, very comfortable, and very stable. One step up would be the XPS-1 which is even more stable. For comfort and style, the Contour Casual is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, any style. I own two pair for wearing around every day, as well as on the course only when it's dry (I'm a FREAK about keeping my shoes clean).

THPing on Tapatalk

My vote is for the addidas powerbands. So far the most comfortable golf shoe I have personaly owned.

I have a pair of Footjoy XPS with the boa lace system that I received from a THPer. They are pretty awesome.

I really like the Lunar Controls as well. Got two pairs, both for about $80. Personally the Adidas 360 didn't feel right on my feet, although I own a lot of Adidas sneakers. Just gotta try out what's best for you

Thanks for all of the great suggestions and the warm welcome. I look forward to being part of the THP community.

Think it's really important to try a lot on. For example, I have a pair of Lunar Controls from last year and they fit perfect, also have a pair of Adidas Powerbands 3.0 and they fit well, but my heel does not lock as well as in the Nike's.

I've tried FJ before, but they just don't fit me well. A lot of foot slippage and the arch isn't in the right spot.

Just trying to get the point across to try on a lot. Generally the models from the big 3 that can be found under $100 would be Nike Lunar Controls, Adidas Powerbands or Tour 360 ATV and FJ Sport or DryJoys.

I have just seen that Direct Golf over here are offering the adiCore Z Traxion shoes at £29.99 instead of £79.99 so might just go and have a look at them but it will have to be soon as the offer ends on the 25th

Does anyone have any opinions on these shoes? Good, bad, indifferent?

I've been wearing golf shoes for along time and just last year I was introduced to the line of Etonic Stabilizers. THE BEST SHOE I'VE EVER WORN. Very comfortable, and they actually do what their name says; they help to stabilize you. You can also get a pair of last year's models for roughly $40 on eBay and other online discounters. They are true to their size so if you wear a 12, get a 12.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I think the best thing you can do is go try some on and see what fits and feels the best. I have a pair of '12 Lunar Controls, TW13's and the Ecco Biom Hydromax's and they are all very comfortable golf shoes!!! I have tried on the new Adidas Sport Tour and they are extremely comfortable too!!!! I don't know what kind of Nike's you had before but if they were only a year or two old I would contact Nike and see what they could do for you, I know they have a pretty good return policy on there running shoes which I have used before so I don't see why it wouldn't apply to the golf shoes too!

The most comfortable for me are the Ecco Bioms. I currently have the hydromax, but they're quite a bit over $100.

My buddy has a pair of the Ecco Streets that he got for under $100 because they were last year's model. You may still be able to find some hanging around for good prices, especially online.

A lot of people love the True Tours, which can be had for about $80 online. I didn't care for them much, but have a few friends that swear by them. For me, the toe box was way too wide and they looked like clown shoes on me.

hard to say whats best unless they fit your feet i know people that love puma shoes and eccos and i even own some eccos but most of them don't fit my feet and aren't comfortable. personally for the money the nike lunar controls are worth every penny great shoes and very comfortable!

Welcome. As others have said the best thing you could do is go try a bunch of shoes on. I personally have only ever owned footjoy's. I find them to be very comfortable for me. As others have said you can find a lot of deals on last years shoes but selection will continue to narrow.

I've had good luck with FootJoys. Comfy and durable.

Back