Best budget balls for senior with slow swing speed?

Maxfli makes a decent ball cheap as well.

I agree with Callaway Supersoft

Thanks everyone. Thats a good list. Live in India where everything golf is horrendously expensive [except the actual rounds of golf] so I pick up stuff when I travel. Going to the US next month so will pick up a 100 balls maybe. From this list whatever is on discount.

Callaway Supersoft
MaxFli SoftFli
Pinnacle Soft

I have an 80 mph swing speed, and I played Callaway Supersoft for about 3 seasons, then switched to the Maxfli Softfli, which at this point in time, are the same price per dozen, $25.. But, if you buy the Softfli in multiples, they are a good savings. 2fer $35, 4fer $60. It plays the same as the SS, with the same compressions, like the SS is at 38, and the Softfli is at 35. I can't tell the difference, and I can keep up with my playing partners, 20 yards or less, who play tour type balls, with faster swing speeds. Sometimes I even out drive them by a few yards! I play the new brite yellow matte that came out last season...

Soft Feel in yellow and Kirkland for the best value. I'll also add that swing speed is one factor. But, also consider the shaft flex. I found with a senior shaft, I prefer a firmer ball.

My swing is very slow and have found that Supersoft, Softfli work well and trying some TM Soft Response now.

My driver swing speed is around 85 mph. I have had great luck with the Vice Tour balls. For me they are long, stop decently on the greens, and feel good off the putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 80 mph swing speed, and I played Callaway Supersoft for about 3 seasons, then switched to the Maxfli Softfli, which at this point in time, are the same price per dozen, $25.. But, if you buy the Softfli in multiples, they are a good savings. 2fer $35, 4fer $60. It plays the same as the SS, with the same compressions, like the SS is at 38, and the Softfli is at 35. I can't tell the difference, and I can keep up with my playing partners, 20 yards or less, who play tour type balls, with faster swing speeds. Sometimes I even out drive them by a few yards! I play the new brite yellow matte that came out last season...

Thanks. Where do you get them in multiples? Also, at least on Amazon, there are so many varieties of this. Any link to which you like and use?

+1 on the Srixon Soft Feel. UltiSoft from Srixon used to be good as well, but can't seem to find them anymore.

Just came across the Taylormade Noodle with good reviews. Thoughts?

Thanks. Where do you get them in multiples? Also, at least on Amazon, there are so many varieties of this. Any link to which you like and use?
At any Dicks Sporting Goods, or Golf Galaxy, as Maxfli is a house brand owned by DSG. I play the Softfli at this time, as I still lose a few, and at the cost of them not so bad, but would like to move into the Tour S, if my swing would cooperate. The Maxfli Tour S just got very favorable reviews from My Golf Spy Ball Labs yesting. The also have the Straightfli, which is a legal self correcting flight ball.
For me the Softfli feels soft, but NOT mushy, even in warm weather. I can keep up with my playing partners who play tour type balls, and have higher swing speeds. Around the green, I tend to anticipate some roll out from chips, and pitches, but it will check if struck correctly. I play the matte yellow, easy to follow in the air, easy to see in the grass, as they don't have it in gloss, although a few folks on here have said they saw them in the stores. I like the feel off all my clubs, especially the driver. I purchased the 2fer $35 deal, then the 4fer $60, so I have a nice stash of golf balls, only working on the second box from the 2fer deal I purchased. For as little as I play, with my inconsistent swing, this ball helps to keep me on the fairway, for the most part, but I still send them to ball heaven. Distance is good with my 80 mph swing speed, as is iron feel. Putting for me is very good with this ball, having good distance control with this ball. I feel very confident with this ball on the tee, being that my swing is inconsistent. I have never seen a badly made Softfli ball, so quality is not an issue with this ball. For the money, this is a good ball...

I think the golf balls at WalMart are last years models, or older. A few models are newer, but not all. Just my opinion, as I won't purchase holf balls there...

Srixon soft feel is much more durable than the supersoft. I believe the supersoft is a little longer because of less spin but the soft feel will hold a green a little better.

Back