Bag set up confused

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

I was recently fit into my PXG gen 2 P irons and my fitter altered my lofts by 2 degrees so my longest iron is #5 sitting at 22 degrees. My bag then jumps to M5 5 wood at 19 degrees but the gap is far too big. Any ideas what I should be testing to close this gap?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To fill a 3* gap? What are the yardages for those particular clubs so we have a better idea of what you're dealing with? Otherwise you're going to get every suggestion under the sun because there are a million ways to fill a nonndescript gap. It all depends on what you're getting out of them. I currently play a 3* progression in that range (18* hybrid to 21* iron) perfectly, for example.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. My gap is 175 - 200 so it needs to be filled for sure.

Thanks for the reply. My gap is 175 - 200 so it needs to be filled for sure.

Are you saying the difference between how far you hit your 5w and your 5i is 175 yards?:unsure:

I'm reading that as the gap is 25 yards, so he wants a club to fill that yardage

For me that would be a hybrid spot. Maybe a 5 or 4 hybrid.

I hit my 5 iron about 175 as well and I've been carrying a 4h and 3h then driver. Distance variation with a hybrid can vary but 4h would be in the 185 to 190. 3h would replace your 5w.

This past week I pulled my 4h and added my 4i back to the bag. this is a situation where the hybrid will be longer on great swings but the 4i is not as likely for me to hook or mis-hit.

Try a 7w. it has become one of my favorite clubs. No more hybrids in my bag now.

4/5h depending on the model. Take a distance hound hybo like the Mavrik and I’d say the 5h would flow well both into the 5i as well as into the 5w. This is case in point why you can’t just stare at loft gaps, loft gaps are NOT distance gaps. A hybrid the same loft as an iron will almost always be longer, so the lofts May be redundant, but the results will not be.

Hi all,

I was recently fit into my PXG gen 2 P irons and my fitter altered my lofts by 2 degrees so my longest iron is #5 sitting at 22 degrees. My bag then jumps to M5 5 wood at 19 degrees but the gap is far too big. Any ideas what I should be testing to close this gap?

Thanks

What was the reasoning for adjusting lofts by 2*?

Back