Bag Boy Championship Pre Event Travel and Play

I’m going to try and get in early and would be down for a round!

I cant tell you how awesome getting in early and meeting the entire group at Srixon experience was. It made it so awesome. By the time we got to Briggs entire crew was friends.

@xThor holing out for eagle on 8 was awesome too... at least I'm almost certain that he did, right?

On 8? That sounds familiar…did that happen @xThor

yep I birdied that par 3 number 7, then we all drove to the right of the tree on 8, where it’s a blind landing spot where the green runs away from you from there. Didn’t know it was in til we walked up to it.

Weren’t you on the Goat Track tee @Muchmore

yep I birdied that par 3 number 7, then we all drove to the right of the tree on 8, where it’s a blind landing spot where the green runs away from you from there. Didn’t know it was in til we walked up to it.

Weren’t you on the Goat Track tee @Muchmore
I landed up there but I can’t remember when 😂

I drove down there for the SkyTrak Experience this year, 5.5 hours so it wasn't bad for me, even going home. I know I wouldn't want to drive more than about 7 hours one way.

Unless I get an insane deal on a flight, I'm likely driving down. If everyone is getting in a day or two early, I can be down there Saturday afternoon and meet everyone for drinks and dinner. Play a round Sunday morning before heading to Ballyhack.

I plan on taking the week off, so I'm in no rush to get back. I can split the drive by staying with my parents in NJ (20 minutes from Hidden Creek) and will likely do the same coming down.

The Pete Dye course at VT was a treat (don't listen to the other haters from this year) and Poplar Grove was really fun. The Roanoke area is really a beautiful part of the country! And don't forget the karaoke in downtown Roanoke, though the name of the bar is a little fuzzy, I must admit.
I know some fuzzy bar names as well!

I've booked my time off already, so far plan is get in Friday to Roanoke leaving Saturday open for a round then meet up with those arriving for drinks and dinner. 'Lived' in the area for almost 3 months back in 08/09 so will be fun to see the place again.

Sunday round before meeting at the property will be good, shake some travel rust of the game.

Howdy fellas! Hope the two minute offense of buying gifts prior to Christmas is going well!
Looks like I’ll be flying late into Raleigh Saturday night, and then flying out on Wednesday. I’m definitely in for the post event round on Tuesday.
If anyone is traveling through Raleigh let me know and we can coordinate and hopefully meet up with some of you in Roanoke on Sunday prior to arriving at Ballyhack.
Merry Christmas!

I'm also flexible for getting in Saturday and leaving Wednesday for an extra go around BH

Anybody buy tickets yet? I'm debating if I fly into Roanoke or somewhere else and catch a ride with one of you that's driving.

Haven't looked again, I'd like to fly into Roanoke but I also know that it's a small plane airport that can have issues with weather shutting down operations.
Charlottesville is not a terrible drive, I did DC before & if we got a group of us we could hit a course on the way down (I'd be flying in late the day before the drive to VA.

Charlotte is also not a horrible drive, further than DC but both bigger airports so better flight choices.

Haven't looked again, I'd like to fly into Roanoke but I also know that it's a small plane airport that can have issues with weather shutting down operations.
Charlottesville is not a terrible drive, I did DC before & if we got a group of us we could hit a course on the way down (I'd be flying in late the day before the drive to VA.

Charlotte is also not a horrible drive, further than DC but both bigger airports so better flight choices.
Flying into Charlotte or DC looks quite a bit cheaper if it works out. DC might be longer of a drive than I really want to do though.

Flying into Charlotte or DC looks quite a bit cheaper if it works out. DC might be longer of a drive than I really want to do though.
Charlotte is ~3hrs, DC (Dulles) is about ~2.5, I prefer 1 flight for price and don't mind the drive (I can get good rental deals, ask no questions get no lies 🤣)

Charlotte is ~3hrs, DC (Dulles) is about ~2.5, I prefer 1 flight for price and don't mind the drive (I can get good rental deals, ask no questions get no lies 🤣)
Oh, maps lied to me. I'll split a cheap rental with you then! 🤣

Would you do a Saturday arrival, Sunday drive & play, fly out after second day or the Wednesday after?
I'm trying to plan a meet up with a friend at some point either before or after, so really open to whatever.

Raleigh/Durham RDU is another option that has reasonable flight prices depending on where you fly from. Roughly same distance as the DC area airports. Dont’t dforget Reagan DCA too.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
I have not booked … yet. Probably next week to lock it in
Arrive in Raleigh on Saturday 5-4/ 955pm
Return Wed from Raleigh 1230pm
Rental from Costco looks to be ok

Would like to get in a round Sunday or at least hit a range/ and for sure the talk of a
Tuesday round after lunch is a go!

Let me know if this matches or is close to anyone else’s plans - and we can sort it out.

Talked with the wife. I’m good for coming in pre event. Now. Do I drive up Friday or Saturday? And where is everyone thinking of staying that wants to come in?

I checked flights today and it was $45 less than it was a week or so ago...Do I buy now or see if it goes lower?

I’ll be driving down Saturday from South Jersey and am more than happy to pick up some folks in DC if that’s where you’re flying into. With everyone’s gear, I can get two more players.

I checked flights today and it was $45 less than it was a week or so ago...Do I buy now or see if it goes lower?
What day you thinking to fly in?

Back