HOW TO Ask the Experts: The Indoor Golf Shop

Also thoughts on the sigpro net with impact screen.

Thoughts on how close you can get to net with Skytrak? Concern is for sky balls hitting above the net and damage ceiling since it is only 8.5 feet high

I’ll hop in here since I have the net. I just ran out to the garage

My less helpful (but relevant) answer is you can get as close as the club will allow you. It’s going to be a little different for everyone because of body makeup and swing.

I was about 6 feet away and ok with an 8 iron. I don’t think you’re going to put a ball over that thing from that close. The top edge is canted a bit forward. I’ve seen balls go over, but that was the boy skyballing a driver straight up. I’ve hit one wedge over it out of hundreds and hundreds of shots from 8 feet away. That was a seriously scooped up lob wedge.

Not sure how small your space is @fuffle master but this net has a really large footprint. It’s a beast! I love that about it, but it might be too big for really small spaces like you’re building in.

Thoughts on the Uneekor eye xo? Have you heard if they are coming out with a sim software that will allow for online play?

Thoughts on the Uneekor eye xo? Have you heard if they are coming out with a sim software that will allow for online play?
Uneekor has an integration with GSPro sim software that has an online tour via SGT, which is quite extensive.

I'd say the Eye XO is one of the premier overhead launch monitors out there. Only the Foresight GCHawk would rival that one.

Reactions: MH
I'd say the Eye XO is one of the premier overhead launch monitors out there. Only the Foresight GCHawk would rival that one.
My brother has the eye xo with the GSPro software so I am leaning that way just so we can play against each other weekly. We only see each other roughly once a year for golf. I though I had read they were coming out with their own software to allow for online play but can’t find it now

Looking for ideas for this space, My room is 16'4" long, 12'9" wide, and 10' tall (9' to bottom of ceiling fan). This seems like a decent size for a simulator package, but the tv stand and couches make the width smaller at 7'3" (87"). What are my options: I am looking at the retractable screen option, will this work and what else will work here:

1673719417238.png

As someone who really can’t golf on the course from November to late March, this is something I’ve seriously considered especially as we are planning to build a new home within the year

Looking for ideas for this space, My room is 16'4" long, 12'9" wide, and 10' tall (9' to bottom of ceiling fan). This seems like a decent size for a simulator package, but the tv stand and couches make the width smaller at 7'3" (87"). What are my options: I am looking at the retractable screen option, will this work and what else will work here:

View attachment 9150599
So, I did a bunch of tests on space needed and most of it depends on what you want to hit and what else you want to use in the room. Since I wanted to keep my area for watching movies and the games intact, I went a different route and shrunk my space.

Here is a video I used as the dimensions of the absolute smallest you can be. You should be good, but probably have to remove the chairs and go with movable high tables and stools.

So, I did a bunch of tests on space needed and most of it depends on what you want to hit and what else you want to use in the room. Since I wanted to keep my area for watching movies and the games intact, I went a different route and shrunk my space.

Here is a video I used as the dimensions of the absolute smallest you can be. You should be good, but probably have to remove the chairs and go with movable high tables and stools.

Thanks for that. I may be ok as the tv stand is lower than the swing path so I gain 2 feet-ish. Just need to convince the finance minister, who is getting close.

View attachment 9150599
You'll most likely be offset on the screen close to the wall of the right. Even with the screen I'd put something behind it to block the windows...I've seen a screen rip and ball go straight into the wall behind it...if it was a window 😬. Memory foam mattress topper or plywood or OSB or anything that could be temporary there when the screen is down should be ok

View attachment 9150599
Here’s my go big or go home suggestion.
Homecourse retractable screen in front of window. An overhead system mounted on the ceiling with a short throw projector. Remove the tv an couches. Use the room as a home theater too. Bean bag chairs moved in or out. I understand you have a finance minister though.
My other thought is a movable net by the window, leave the furniture, Mevo+ behind your mat, run the Mevo through the tv to see your shots. Be aware that the radar system is sensitive to interference from metal and electronics.

View attachment 9150599
Hello, I think a retractable screen package is best and will work so long as you can move the items near the window. I do not see the ceiling fan, but that may be an issue as well as you may need to offset your hitting area to accommodate the backswing. Take a driver (if you haven't already) and swing from about 10' from the window to be sure that you have space and let me know. Also, do you have a monitor or are you looking for a recommendation for that as well?

Hello, I think a retractable screen package is best and will work so long as you can move the items near the window. I do not see the ceiling fan, but that may be an issue as well as you may need to offset your hitting area to accommodate the backswing. Take a driver (if you haven't already) and swing from about 10' from the window to be sure that you have space and let me know. Also, do you have a monitor or are you looking for a recommendation for that as well?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, the items by the window can be moved (putting matt, table, and exercise bike). Here is a picture of the ceiling fan, it is 9' up (recess is 10' up). There is a 4' distance between the window and tv mount, and 2' by the couches, but couches can be moved 2' back. The recess is 2' from the window.

1673889180364.png

Back