Are you a solo,or must be a in group golfer?

I don’t do it often but I do play alone. Sometimes I’ll play one ball for a score. Other times if the course is busy and I’m backed up, I’ll play multiple balls to work on our game.

Majority of my play is solo. Show up and play with randoms or solo. Doing trips is always with a group.

I can be either. Doesn’t matter to me!

I prefer to have a least 1 person playing with me but if I didn't play alone I wouldn't be playing much. When playing solo I will hit a second ball occasionally just to see what I could/should have done to improve that particular shot but if I intend to post the score I still play the original shot.

When I lived on a 9 hole course, I played many rounds by myself, usually hitting 3-4 balls every shot

Since then, I prefer playing with buddies and now my son

May play this afternoon by myself. The course looks empty so should be a fast round

I’ll play alone, but it’s one of the most boring things in golf to me.

If I’m alone, I’d rather practice, or do something else entirely.

I tried it multiple times last year at my home course, and usually by hole 5 I was walking in to go do something else.

No issue with either one. I just wanna play, company or not

If I have a choice I prefer to play with at least one other person but I don’t mind going out myself if I really want to get out there

Any, all, both!

As long as I'm out playing then I am happy!

90% of my golf is solo

Gladly play both, but solo is my preference as well as 75-80% of rounds played. It's a solo sport. The social aspects are fun, but they are also distractions.

I prefer to be with at least 1 other person, doesn't have to be a foursome.

If it's quiet on the course (not often anymore), we'll be hitting multiple balls to work on things and practice.

I just got back into the game after a long hiatus. I've only ever played with my buddies.

But after spending the last 2 months by myself practicing on the range, I'm excited to start to play solo rounds after work once daylight savings rolls around!

I'm a bit hesitant to get paired up with randoms, but I think it could make for a fun time and I could meet some new dudes..maybe even some guys that could give me solid pointers.

I do genuienly feel like I play better when there isn't someone watching over my shoulder, and I also know for a FACT that my memory of the course I just played fades really quickly when I'm with friends bantering the whole round. As much as I try to remember each hole after a round, it's really hard until I've played the course a handful of times.

I like both playing alone and with a group. When playing alone I won't hit multiple balls or anything, still just playing the one shot trying to score as low as possible, but sometimes it's nice to be out there by yourself not needing to worry about other people and who is hitting now and where is so and so standing etc. Other times its really fun to be on the course with a group and have some competition and banter going on in the group.
This pretty much exactly. I enjoy the solo rounds from time to time but I rarely drop extra balls. I'm still out there to play a complete round and want to play and see my score.

Either one. But if I want to practice, hit more than one ball, etc. then I want to play alone. For obvious reasons

Back in the day I played a ton of solo golf. My clubs lived in the trunk of my car all Spring, Summer and Fall! I'd get home from work, change clothes, grab a bite and head to the nearest course. For a long time that was a 36 hole Donald Ross design. During high Summer I could tee off at 7:30 and get 9 holes in easily if no one held me up. Plus, golf was ridiculously cheap back then.

Nowadays, I like having at least my main golf buddy along so we can chat and razz each other. In another thread I mentioned how I arrived at a swing change by NOT beating balls at the range, just swinging a club in the back yard, and that I detested going to the range these days. I think it's because I spent so much time there during my formative golf years. Spending so much time alone on the range and at the course may have made me a bit anti-social back then. Golf became almost a meditative exercise. These days I play for fun.

I'll take either doesn't matter to me as long as I can get out and golf.

I love a solo round of golf, for many reasons. I get to play and work on my game. With that said, I love playing with a group, but most of my playing partners no longer play down this way so my typical round is me, myself and I.

Either way, if I want to play I go play.

I'm 43 and the older I get the more I hate playing alone. My body needs a little competitive juice to swing the way I want to swing and it's hard to get there if I'm out by myself. I'll play golf with pretty much anyone hanging around the pro shop though so usually not an issue.

I used to play alone all the time and really enjoyed it. This is when I felt I worked on and understood my game the most bc I could work on things during the round playing 2 balls sometimes....but ever since covid it's impossible to get on anywhere around me as easily as it used to be

Im off work by 2p and would frequently stop and play by myself pre 2020. Now most tee sheets are booked and im always paired with others

Back