Are there any signs?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
May be an unusual question… but, before a round, are there ever any signs that you pick up on… that give a little indication that this round is going to be good… or, bad…???

May be an unusual question… but, before a round, are there ever any signs that you pick up on… that give a little indication that this round is going to be good… or, bad…???
Not for me, unless Im deathly ill, or dead.

Some of my best rounds have been played when I was tired.

My biggest issue with desert golf is dehydration. That I solve by hydrating the day before I play.

Since I practice/play 4-5 times a week Im constantly drinking fluids

Nope, I have had good range sessions turn into **** shows and I have had days where I am like this is going to be rough and I play well.

Moral of the story is just to just play without expectations and don't self limit.

I never know what’s coming. Every round is like an M Night Shamalan movie.

Whether I’m moving freely or tight and stiff.

Is it cheating to count warmup buckets? Some days, I will just hit a dozen balls out of my basket, know I've "got the swing" that day, and leave the rest as freebies for someone else.

On rare occassions I just feel it when I start, and the round goes well. However, most of the time, it doesn't matter what I feel at the start. The round does what the round does, and I learn as it is revealed.

If I birdie the first, the score is going to be very bad lol

Not really. So many of the courses I play have no range. The first indication I often have is the drive on the first hole.

if I’m not feeling great odds are better I won’t play as well. But I have had some pretty good results when not feeling my best

Hit it great on the range = bad round
Hit it bad on the range = anything can happen

Joking...sort of

Nope. Every round is anybody's guess, even mine. Could be a PB or could be a complete s***show.

Nah it's always a crap shoot of wtf will happen. Hell even rounds changed up. Went double double par to start and played well. Just never know.

My range warm up doesn't always translate to the course. Good or bad.

If I don't go #2 before golfing, it's going to be a bad round.

There are butterflies in your stomach and there are bubbles in your stomach. Bubbles is a bad sign.

The only "signs" I have found to be a consistent indicator are the numbers written on my scorecard.🤔

Cheyenne Jackson Drinking GIF by CallMeKatFOX

When I feel the club head “load” in my backswing. Things click and I hit it well. When I can’t feel it at the top I am in for a rough round. And I know on the first hole. Lucky for me my short game and putting is always there. Just means a lot of scrambling!!

I've learned that whatever happens beforehand has almost zero relation to what actually happens on the course. I just try and warm up as best as I can, then go have fun with no expectations when I tee off.

Back