Anyone playing KBS PGI 70 or 80 in their irons?

El Rayo X

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What do ya think?
Or has any soft stepped the 80’s?
Thanks

C'mon!
Nobody's played these?

I just got the PGI 85s in my Cobra Forged Tec X irons. I previously played the TGI 80 and liked them a lot, I will post my thoughts after I play tomorrow!

What do ya think?
Or has any soft stepped the 80’s?
Thanks

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, I wanted to give it a few rounds. Unfortunately the PGI 85s are not for me. I usually get along really well with KBS shafts (loved the TGI back when I played it), but I just didn't like these.

I felt like I had to really wait to time up my swing. The feel wasn't notable one way or the other either. I ultimately preferred the Steelfiber fc90 shafts.

I would say try out a single iron if you can. I remember I watched a THP video (here's a link to it) where the tester really liked these shafts, so I figured it would be a no brainer as I like most graphite iron shafts and wouldn't say I'm overly picky. I wanted these to work as they're a free upgrade with the Cobra irons I was buying - but alas. Good luck though, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, I wanted to give it a few rounds. Unfortunately the PGI 85s are not for me. I usually get along really well with KBS shafts (loved the TGI back when I played it), but I just didn't like these.

I felt like I had to really wait to time up my swing. The feel wasn't notable one way or the other either. I ultimately preferred the Steelfiber fc90 shafts.

I would say try out a single iron if you can. I remember I watched a THP video (here's a link to it) where the tester really liked these shafts, so I figured it would be a no brainer as I like most graphite iron shafts and wouldn't say I'm overly picky. I wanted these to work as they're a free upgrade with the Cobra irons I was buying - but alas. Good luck though, I hope you find what you're looking for.
Funny, I feel like I have to be perfect with my tempo using the fc90’s, but not SteelFiber i95cw‘s that I played for several years.
I’ll try demo one of the PGI’s, but I’m leaning toward SF i85cw’s in my next set.

Funny, I feel like I have to be perfect with my tempo using the fc90’s, but not SteelFiber i95cw‘s that I played for several years.
I’ll try demo one of the PGI’s, but I’m leaning toward SF i85cw’s in my next set.

It's weird but although they're different profiles, I enjoy both the i80s and fc90s shafts. The fc90s are perfect for a lower spinning head like the FTX.

But yeah, can't go wrong with Steelfibers!

Back