Any Slicefixer Fans?

Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been pretty open that I'm going to do a swing change over the winter. I've decided that I wanted to do a more pivot controlled action. A teacher who goes by the name Slicefixer is the guy who I am going to model my swing after. He has a PDF out that encompasses a lot of his thoughts on the golfswing. It's called the Encyclopedia Texarkana. Has anyone else tried to learn this swing? Would be interested to hear how it went.

I watched something from this guy and I liked what I saw. I might join you and then we'll whoop ass at the outing.

Where are you finding his instruction Chunky? I have looked for the Encyclopedia Texarkana but most places have it removed. I know there are some you tube videos out there, but that's about it.

Where are you finding his instruction Chunky? I have looked for the Encyclopedia Texarkana but most places have it removed. I know there are some you tube videos out there, but that's about it.

Gotham Golf blog has a lot of his stuff on it. I can't remember where I got the pdf. It has been taken down from a lot of places

Kev lets do it!!

Gotham Golf blog has a lot of his stuff on it. I can't remember where I got the pdf. It has been taken down from a lot of places

Kev lets do it!!

I actually found the pdf files on wrx, but did not want to post them here as that was the only place I could find them. Not sure it would be appreciated. A search of that site will turn them up.

Chunky - PM my son MarcH about him. He knows him well and he has helped him a ton.

Geoff Jones, aka Slicefixer, and I have exchanged a number of emails. He's a very nice guy and knows a lot about the golf swing. He's working on a golf book that should be coming out soon. He's spent A LOT of time on it and want to get it just right.

Yep super nice guy and loves to help people get better at golf. I tried to learn from just studying his stuff from the get go but didn't really learn it until I went and saw him in person.

Kev lets do it!!

Riding chunky coattails to an outing victory! Let's do this!

I wish I could get down there. I just watched one of your swings Marc. Unbelievable!! I want that action. I've started the 9 to 3 drills but it's very difficult to know that you are doing it exactly the way you are supposed to. I got the Swingyde today as I know he likes that training aid

Riding chunky coattails to an outing victory! Let's do this!

Lets do it bro!! You pay the money for us to fly down to Texas and we will eat faces!!

Thanks! Take some vid of your 9-3's and I'll try and help ya if you want.

I would love that Marc. I will make this thread kind of my progress thread. I am going to the range tomorrow I hope and I will take some video.

Whats the 9-3, how do I do it and where can I find it?

Thanks ary. So this drill is only going back to 9 and then back to 3?

There are people that can talk about this drill in much more detail than I can...but in a nutshell, you've got it. The point is that you're trying to focus on the movements and having the club release as a result of how your body moves, instead of trying to release it with your hands (which can lead to flipping). If you can't do it on a 9-to-3 swing, you're not going to be able to do it with a full swing.

Here's another video from youtube

I have the encyclopedia by slicefixer if you want it send me a PM. Unless someone has already linked it here. I've read it a bunch and I really like the concepts. I haven't actually been to see him, but everyone who has raves about it. As a note the encyclopedia is a compilation of his replies to people's questions on another golf forum. He did not put it together himself.

I have the encyclopedia by slicefixer if you want it send me a PM. Unless someone has already linked it here. I've read it a bunch and I really like the concepts. I haven't actually been to see him, but everyone who has raves about it. As a note the encyclopedia is a compilation of his replies to people's questions on another golf forum. He did not put it together himself.

PM it to me if you don't mind....I can't seem to download it from that link...Thanks alot.

Saw Geoff in August. One of the most genuine teachers out there. Answers a to of answers before, during, and after working with him. He worked me like a dog though at my request. I hit approx 1200 balls in 3 days, hitting nothing but 9-3 shots with either a 52 or 58 degree wedge because I didn't want to leave without at least the habit forming of not having to think about my grip or setup. I got it wrong a good amount of times and had Geoff quick to let me know it.

Focuses ALOT on grip and setup. The ET just can't put into words how crucial it is, or how setup looks and truly feels.

I look forward to getting back up to Texarkana again sometime next year, hopefully before the outing haha

Here's another video from youtube

I don't think that is how Geoff would describe his 9 to 3 drill. That guy seems to be all arms pretty much and Geoff actually wants the pivot to do the work. Here is a video of one of his students doing the 9 to 3 drill

[video=youtube;Tn2ZyA-6E8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2ZyA-6E8Y&feature=related[/video]

Back