I hunt whitetail, hogs, dove, quail, turkey and nilgai here in south Texas with rifle or bow.

I'm a HARDCORE waterfowler... but haven't hunted waterfowl since moving to SW Virginia. There are no migrators here on SW Virginia or Eastern Kentucky.
I used to own a layout boat, 21' tender and 12dz hand burlapped/poainted Herters for the big water divers, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake St. Claire and some of the larger inland lakes in Michigan before I moved. I still own a nice 1456 jon with a Mudbuddy, and all my plastoids. I also carve decoys, and assemble and paint E. Allens. Used to have a nice goose trailer as well, but most of that got sold when I moved south...
I reckon I need to take vacation to chase some birds somewhere, but I'm like 8 hours from a flyway here...

I also like to hunt dry animals, I killed 2 deer this year, one with my bow, one with my rifle, and rabbits/squirrels/grouse/etc ....

But I do miss my ducks.

I am a die hard turkey hunter as well as some upland game. My turkey tag actually opens up on Monday. I really want to try waterfouling. Just have not found anyone in my area to show me the ropes.

Back