Android Phone Thread

In what way was it better?
faster, the camera seemed more focused. watching a video on Cnn seemed more agreeable (switch too fullcsreen and then flipping to the side view), it also loaded faster. I only spent maybe a minute with it, but surprised a phone I hadn't heard of was comparable to the flagship models I came to look at.

so I was thinking about going with the Note 3 over the G3 but then a buddy of mine recommended I hold off due to the bloatware that is installed on both. Any truth to this statement?

so I was thinking about going with the Note 3 over the G3 but then a buddy of mine recommended I hold off due to the bloatware that is installed on both. Any truth to this statement?

LG G3 has some preinstalled software bit nothing I would consider "bloat". I think the idea of "bloatware" is WAAAAAY overdone and hasnt really been an issue with the new phones with KitKat installed.

LG G3 has some preinstalled software bit nothing I would consider "bloat". I think the idea of "bloatware" is WAAAAAY overdone and hasnt really been an issue with the new phones with KitKat installed.

as a long time iphone user, i am not familiar with KitKat

as a long time iphone user, i am not familiar with KitKat

Newest version of Android on the phones like the G3, S5 and HTC One 8.

As a longtime iPhone devotee who recently changed to Android with the LG G3, its not that bad and once you make the switch you wont miss your iPhone.

Me too.
No more so than any other OS in my opinion. I mean remember the outcry because of the Newstand not being able to be removed? Its all the same. Hide what you dont use, use what you do, no matter the system. In the end, KitKat is fast. And these systems are VERY fast.

Me too.
No more so than any other OS in my opinion. I mean remember the outcry because of the Newstand not being able to be removed? Its all the same. Hide what you dont use, use what you do, no matter the system. In the end, KitKat is fast. And these systems are VERY fast.

And with the rumored 1GB of RAM coming in the new iPhone 6 once again I am reminded of why I waited so long to switch.

And with the rumored 1GB of RAM coming in the new iPhone 6 once again I am reminded of why I waited so long to switch.

I think the new iDevices will be solid. I think they have been, albeit too small. I still prefer the openness of the Android platform and the removable battery. Outside of that, they are strikingly similar based on apps now.

I think the new iDevices will be solid. I think they have been, albeit too small. I still prefer the openness of the Android platform and the removable battery. Outside of that, they are strikingly similar based on apps now.

I am chomping at the bit for the ZeroLemon. Can't believe I am excited for a battery but after being a "wall hugger" for so long its a welcome change.

I am chomping at the bit for the ZeroLemon. Can't believe I am excited for a battery but after being a "wall hugger" for so long its a welcome change.

Hahahah. I was too...From the original through the 4S (at times). I dont do the Flo$$battery, but do have multiple batteries I can pop in when needed. I really only use them while traveling, because the Note lineup is impressive on life. I always get a full day, even with pretty heavy use.

Hahahah. I was too...From the original through the 4S (at times). I dont do the Flo$$battery, but do have multiple batteries I can pop in when needed. I really only use them while traveling, because the Note lineup is impressive on life. I always get a full day, even with pretty heavy use.

Seeing the spec sheet on the Note 4, its pretty impressive. Enough to get you to switch?

Seeing the spec sheet on the Note 4, its pretty impressive. Enough to get you to switch?

Nah. If I was struggling with this one maybe, because we are out of contract. But this Note 3 is so perfect for me. Have not had a single issue, like the cases it has, and is blazing fast.

Nah. If I was struggling with this one maybe, because we are out of contract. But this Note 3 is so perfect for me. Have not had a single issue, like the cases it has, and is blazing fast.

this is exactly why I want the note 3. Even cheaper now too.

Don't download the game Freaking Math. You'll kill someone...
This is phenomenal and ridiculous all at the same time. I shall concur this absurdity.

What's the deal with the candy? Up to 44 as my best!

i think it helps you "purchase" different looking birds and Duels (whatever those are)

i think it helps you "purchase" different looking birds and Duels (whatever those are)
Just figured that out, and now up to 45 haha. Oh and I removed freaking math, eff that game :bad:

Anyone here use the AnTuTu benchmark test?

Anyone here use the AnTuTu benchmark test?
Yeah I have used it but I prefer Quadrant Standard. They really do the same thing just personal preference

Yeah I have used it but I prefer Quadrant Standard. They really do the same thing just personal preference
Cool I'll check that one out. My phone scored like 38,700 on antutu I'll be interested to see if Quadrant has a different score.

Edit I ran both antutu and quadrant they came up with completely different numbers but both still have my scores miles ahead of the top devices listed.
2bfff4f7d12564ec55fc93c61c161a9e.jpg

456f6984223a84d9784ea94da7595f8d.jpg

Last edited:
Cool I'll check that one out. My phone scored like 38,700 on antutu I'll be interested to see if Quadrant has a different score.

Edit I ran both antutu and quadrant they came up with completely different numbers but both still have my scores miles ahead of the top devices listed.
2bfff4f7d12564ec55fc93c61c161a9e.jpg

456f6984223a84d9784ea94da7595f8d.jpg
Damn that is an impressive score. What device do you have?

Damn that is an impressive score. What device do you have?

I have the oneplus one.... It has some pretty killer specs and it only cost 349 for 64gb version ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409328020.298860.jpg

I have the oneplus one.... It has some pretty killer specs and it only cost 349 for 64gb version View attachment 16148

Wow, killer specs is an understatement. What carrier do you have? I vaguely remember hearing about it.

Wow wish I would have heard of this phone before getting mine. Maybe in the future. Looks pretty dang slick.

Wow, killer specs is an understatement. What carrier do you have? I vaguely remember hearing about it.
The phone is unlocked and can be used on any provider that uses a sim card. I am on at&t.
Wow wish I would have heard of this phone before getting mine. Maybe in the future. Looks pretty dang slick.
Its a pretty good phone for the price but the invite system oneplus uses for buying the phone sucks and makes it nearly impossible to get.

Back