Android Phone Thread

HTC Sense interface? It's actually pretty good! Like it better than the Iphone in some respects. The Galaxy S2 is rumored to be coming out and the new blackberry's next month.

Well that is totally unacceptable!

I am actually looking forward to upgrading my phone. Of course there really isn't anything new being offered by Sprint right now, except the 3D phone. I liked JB's HTC but I had having to learn a new interface (is that what the screen is called?)

Yes! I have the Epic 4g and lately it's been running SO slow! It's painful at times. I have been doing a lot more battery pulls. I am not force closing apps, but the entire phone is just freezing up on me and it keeps trying to switch the display to landscape view. I have to shake it to go back to normal.

I'm having this problem as well. I ended up just disabling the rotating screen because I was having too many problems. Took it into sprint about a week ago and they said the problem was an app I had loaded :confused2: thought they couldn't identify which one.

Lol. I love that. Exactly why I have Best Buy's protection. I could drop it in a glass of Paradise Punch and still be ok.

I'm having this problem as well. I ended up just disabling the rotating screen because I was having too many problems. Took it into sprint about a week ago and they said the problem was an app I had loaded :confused2: thought they couldn't identify which one.

Well that is totally unacceptable!

I am actually looking forward to upgrading my phone. Of course there really isn't anything new being offered by Sprint right now, except the 3D phone. I liked JB's HTC but I had having to learn a new interface (is that what the screen is called?)

Then you should go for the HTC EVO that JB has - Sprint still offers it. HTC's Sense UI is so intuitive, I was able to make the transition from a WM phone to an Android one with no issues.

BTW, has anyone upgraded to Gingerbread yet? I just did last week and there are just a couple of annoying issues. Sometimes I'm unable to dismiss appointment reminders until I unlock my phone. Also, battery life seems to be worse. I need to check PDAPhonehome to see if there are any fixes.

Love my DroidX, but I like the HTC Sense system better than Motorola's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Then you should go for the HTC EVO that JB has - Sprint still offers it. HTC's Sense UI is so intuitive, I was able to make the transition from a WM phone to an Android one with no issues.

BTW, has anyone upgraded to Gingerbread yet? I just did last week and there are just a couple of annoying issues. Sometimes I'm unable to dismiss appointment reminders until I unlock my phone. Also, battery life seems to be worse. I need to check PDAPhonehome to see if there are any fixes.

My GF was a previous sprint customer and they canceled to go to verizon. Her Evo is now my phone :D. I might actually switch the phones for a couple weeks to try them out

I had the Android 2 and now have the Samsung Charge and really like it.
The screen is fantastic and the 4g is lightning quick!

<random>
I just discovered the GO Launcher EX and its widgets. OMG :blob::blob:
</random>

If I switched it would be to the HTC Shift, I have to have a physical keyboard. I just hate having to change to a new UI, but I am sure in a week I would be used to it. I loved that he had the kickstand and I really liked how much more durable it feels to my phone. Doesn't matter, I have another year before I can do anything.

If I switched it would be to the HTC Shift, I have to have a physical keyboard. I just hate having to change to a new UI, but I am sure in a week I would be used to it. I loved that he had the kickstand and I really liked how much more durable it feels to my phone. Doesn't matter, I have another year before I can do anything.

A friend who is also on Sprint had the same issue - he liked the EVO but had to had a physical keyboard. He loves his EVO Shift.

And you're right - I thought the kickstand was kinda gimmicky at first, but it's really nice to have!

A friend who is also on Sprint had the same issue - he liked the EVO but had to had a physical keyboard. He loves his EVO Shift.

And you're right - I thought the kickstand was kinda gimmicky at first, but it's really nice to have!

I thought it was gimmicky at first too, but then I realized how useful it is. It's funny, the physical keyboards all pretty much suck but for some reason I have to have it.

No doubt about it. Mine can make it through a very slow 18 running a golf app, but only if it goes in fully charged and then its needing plugged right back in. I charge several times a day when in the truck. Its great having that huge display, but comes at a trade off.

Don't want to get too far off topic, but curious as to which golf app you are running? Worth the effort (and a few $)?

Take care ...

See, and I ended up getting the Epic 4G because I thought it felt better than the EVO Shift! Much better physical keyboard (a must have, I agree), and a faster processor/graphics soc than the standard EVO. Plus the gorilla glass was a really nice bonus! Now, if we could just get 4G over here in Melbourne...rumor has it sometime next year...

Don't want to get too far off topic, but curious as to which golf app you are running? Worth the effort (and a few $)?

Take care ...

I use Golf Shot. I'm not sure what it cost, may have been free, but it works great. There's a thread on here all about it.

Tap,Tap,Tap

What carrier/phone do you have? I've not gotten an update since froyo, and I'm beginning to hate it's stability issues.

I have the Motorola Photon 4G now. I have until about 3pm today to decide if I like it more than the EVO 3D. I like the responsiveness of the keyboard more and its not so sensitive. The broswing is also faster. I just dont like the Motorola UI. I'm also wondering if Motorola is as good about getting updates as HTC? Anyone have any experience with that?

im looking for a good e-mail client app that lets me sync all the folders on my mail server.

also one that preferable ignored SSL security certificate issues.

trying K9 Mail but its a bit erratic.

any suggestions welcome :)

I have never had any issues with K-9 personally. Its the one I used as preference. Syncing with G-mail can work as well.

The screen of the Photon is giving me fits now. It's all pixelated. Pentile right? Either way, I guess the 3D is coming back. I didnt mean to get all bantery in the Morgan Cup thread. I just hate the fact these phones are pissing me off right tnow.

Skydroid, ebay , and Groupon are my 3 most popular ones.

It's funny, the physical keyboards all pretty much suck but for some reason I have to have it.

the physical keyboard was probably the main reason i held on to my blackberry for sooo long (BB's only for probably the past 6 years) but i switched to a droid charge last month and i dont miss it nearly as much as thought i would.. I'm getting really used to the touch keyboard.

What carrier/phone do you have? I've not gotten an update since froyo, and I'm beginning to hate it's stability issues.

I'm on Sprint. Have been for the last 10 years or so.

I have the Motorola Photon 4G now. I have until about 3pm today to decide if I like it more than the EVO 3D. I like the responsiveness of the keyboard more and its not so sensitive. The broswing is also faster. I just dont like the Motorola UI. I'm also wondering if Motorola is as good about getting updates as HTC? Anyone have any experience with that?

Updates depend on your carrier. If you have Motorola, you're pretty much stuck with the UI. HTC's Sense UI is the best I've seen.

This is huge for Android and more importantly Google. As they continue to take over the world.

BREAKING
Google to acquire Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion

That's great news for us consumers, but I think it'll worry Apple.

Picked up the sensation yesterday and tapatalk thus morning! Very imported thus far! It is Superfast! might consider renaming it...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Back