And we have a new player in the DTC market

Hey guys. Ryan, founder of Caley, here. Happy to see folk coming across Caley for the first time but we have actually been going since late 2018 - around the same time as Sub70. Yes, there are similarities between the DTC golf brands which you have mentioned (as there are with the bigger OEMs too) but the accusation that we are simply slapping our logo on blanks is false. We own all of our own toolings/molds and they are 100% unique to us. Each to their own in regards to whether you like the aesthetic of the clubs and the way we are positioning ourselves as a brand but I would have thought that as golf enthusiasts you would welcome a company which is trying to make high quality golf equipment a bit more affordable - especially during a time when money is tight!

I may not be a fan of the aesthetic but props to you for coming in and having a discussion and answering questions 👊

I'm a fan of minimalist design in general. Wishing you guys the best @Ryanfromcaley. If you're taking suggestions.. as a smaller company that is relatively new to the market I would add a more personal About Us on your site. I was looking forward to reading more about you guys, who you are, where you're located, how you got started, etc. and the generic About Us section is a little underwhelming.

Thank you. I had a feeling I was correct with the near net. Makes a ton of sense for any small business to use what is available.
It's why it caught me by surprise with that first post.

Not sure what you mean by "near net" but like I said before the irons have been designed from scratch and we have the CAD drawings, toolings and receipts to prove it!
I'm a fan of minimalist design in general. Wishing you guys the best @Ryanfromcaley. If you're taking suggestions.. as a smaller company that is relatively new to the market I would add a more personal About Us on your site. I was looking forward to reading more about you guys, who you are, where you're located, how you got started, etc. and the generic About Us section is a little underwhelming.

Thanks for your positive comment regarding the minimalist design aesthetic - that's exactly what we are going for!

You make a great point re the About Us page and something which will be updated based on your comment. The website is currently undergoing a redesign.

I may not be a fan of the aesthetic but props to you for coming in and having a discussion and answering questions 👊

Thank you. We are giving out some sets to MGS Forum members to try next month and could potentially do the same with THP if there is interest - perhaps you might not like the looks but be impressed by the performance..

Thank you. We are giving out some sets to MGS Forum members to try next month and could potentially do the same with THP if there is interest - perhaps you might not like the looks but be impressed by the performance..
That would have to be arranged with the people here.
Contact [email protected] and she can assist.

They are fairly pleasing to my eye but the two steel shaft options they offer do not work for me. I’m not likely their target customer as I’ve been playing since I was twelve and the only off brand clubs I’ve owned were a couple of Snake Eyes fairway woods that I build with the original UST Proforce purple and gold shaft back when I was a youngster on a strict budget.

At $600 per set for 7 Caley CB irons I could find a slightly used set from one of the major OEM’s that would have the shaft that fits me.

At this stage of life the extra $415 spent for the ZX7/5 MKII’s I just ordered through my club is well worth it. For the extra cost of about 5 rounds of golf, I get the shafts I love and the quality control, design(V-Sole and tungsten weighting) and resale of a well respected Japanese company.

This is what made me question whether this was actually a legit golf company. There’s more relevant info in this thread than there is on the website. I’m exactly the type who might try clubs like this on a whim but my Golfsmith days are mostly behind me, so you’d need to sell me with me a legit golf reason and not just “they’re cheap”.

They are fairly pleasing to my eye but the two steel shaft options they offer do not work for me. I’m not likely their target customer as I’ve been playing since I was twelve and the only off brand clubs I’ve owned were a couple of Snake Eyes fairway woods that I build with the original UST Proforce purple and gold shaft back when I was a youngster on a strict budget.

At $600 per set for 7 Caley CB irons I could find a slightly used set from one of the major OEM’s that would have the shaft that fits me.

At this stage of life the extra $415 spent for the ZX7/5 MKII’s I just ordered through my club is well worth it. For the extra cost of about 5 rounds of golf, I get the shafts I love and the quality control, design(V-Sole and tungsten weighting) and resale of a well respected Japanese company.

We're not for everyone. We purposely limit our shaft and grip offering - currently, 2 steel (KBS Tour & Tour Lite in R,S & XS) and 1 graphite (UST Recoil Dart in R & S). For many, the buying process for new golf clubs has become too complicated - with too many options - and is seen as a hurdle. So, we have decided to offer quality but not quantity in regards to our component options.

We also sell "head only" sets which allow customers to assemble the clubs themselves if they have a particular shaft they like.

This is what made me question whether this was actually a legit golf company. There’s more relevant info in this thread than there is on the website. I’m exactly the type who might try clubs like this on a whim but my Golfsmith days are mostly behind me, so you’d need to sell me with me a legit golf reason and not just “they’re cheap”.

Thanks for the feedback. The website needs padded out and is a work in progress at the moment.

We aren't cheap but we are trying to be a more affordable option to the larger OEMs. We use the same materials, the build quality is on par and the clubs perform just as good as irons that cost almost double. We have recently received very positive feedback from Matt Fryer, a well known golf YouTuber, who was impressed by the 01Ts performance.

Thanks for the feedback. The website needs padded out and is a work in progress at the moment.

We aren't cheap but we are trying to be a more affordable option to the larger OEMs. We use the same materials, the build quality is on par and the clubs perform just as good as irons that cost almost double. We have recently received very positive feedback from Matt Fryer, a well known golf YouTuber, who was impressed by the 01Ts performance.
Ryan,

I am intrigued I love the look, I tried another DTC iron and hated them so much they lasted 5 shots on the range. how do these feel compared to major brands.

Ryan,

I am intrigued I love the look, I tried another DTC iron and hated them so much they lasted 5 shots on the range. how do these feel compared to major brands.

Feel is super subjective and I'm obviously biased but they feel great as echoed by Matt Fryer and James Robinson.

what would you compare them too? I understand you tubers have reviewed them but some reviewers just put best ever to every club lol

Are you suggesting that some YT influencers are simply shills who will peddle anything in their infomercials because it’s good for their business model? Interesting…

Are you suggesting that some YT influencers are simply shills who will peddle anything in their infomercials because it’s good for their business model? Interesting…
I am of the opinion there is some who simply use titles as click bait, I have found myself simply not watching reviews as they ain't all impartial I think they are scared if they review honestly won't get to review or freebies thrown in.

:ROFLMAO: we can now we're safe! have you ever managed to get to Goodison?
Once, was lucky enough to watch us get beat by spurs but it also was a certain 16 year olds home debut in the premier league so that was special. Watched from an appropriately titled 'obstructed view' in the Gladwys St end

Back