JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
State your case on why that shouldn’t be the case and prove me wrong

Should...but very few and far between in public golf around here

Emily Osment Nothing GIF by CBS

No argument here. We finished in 3:24 today.

So it is written...so it shall be done!!!

groups should be forced to go in at the 4 hour mark, even if on the 13th hole!!!

I completely agree. Sadly that’s not the reality at most public courses

I have no problem with this.

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

I have a hard time seeing an argument against it.

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I think all the carts with GPS's should be linked together and point out the carts that are out of position. They should have a chat feature so everyone can kindly tell them to hurry up!

This study should tell you a few things.

1. The USGA sucks at doing studies if they found that weekday rounds average 4 hours and weekends 4.5
2. That is still really slow.
3. The USGA sucks. lol.
4. Golf courses DO NOT CARE!!

Not at my facility!….Operators Less likely to buy into the issue or the prospects forimprovement• Facility operators are much less optimistic than golfers that pace of play can besignificantly improved at their facility, and they overwhelmingly deny that slow play is amajor problem at their facility

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I think part of it is course dependent. If you are playing in a competitive round at a tough course, like a Victoria National, and you have to spend time looking for lost balls and having to take drops, fast greens and thick rough etc. the time adds up.

No complaints or arguments here. 4 hours is plenty of time.

Tell the to the slugs in front of us today.....

It all depends If I solo I can do it in 3.5, If I am in a group of 4, it tends to run a little closer to 4, If the course if jammed and the group in front is being close then it slows everything. Then you have players like me are not pro, are not always on the fairway and may have to hit more then 3 times to get it down the fairway.

This study should tell you a few things.

1. The USGA sucks at doing studies if they found that weekday rounds average 4 hours and weekends 4.5
2. That is still really slow.
3. The USGA sucks. lol.
4. Golf courses DO NOT CARE!!

Not at my facility!….Operators Less likely to buy into the issue or the prospects forimprovement• Facility operators are much less optimistic than golfers that pace of play can besignificantly improved at their facility, and they overwhelmingly deny that slow play is amajor problem at their facility

The vast majority of my rounds, I look down at the clock on 18 and end up saying "Eh, 4 hours and 20 minutes, not bad."

I agree all should be under 4, unfortunately longer is just the new norm.

If I can get a solo round in in about 2.5, there's no reason to be going over 4 hours.

should but the way tee times are spread out on public courses it won't happen unless you are first off.

Private courses I can see a path to making this happen

The vast majority of my rounds, I look down at the clock on 18 and end up saying "Eh, 4 hours and 20 minutes, not bad."

I agree all should be under 4, unfortunately longer is just the new norm.
Why is it the new norm though? I usually kill 4 hours. But I play a lot solo and I either get out early or late. Very rarely am I on the course during busy hours. But even then. There should be someone out there saying "alright, move it along"...

The dudes that are playing like each shot is worth millions are holding it up. There should be something akin to the chess clock. Each person gets x amount of time per hole and if you run over you get x strokes per minute over.

I wish that were the case but greed of courses to schedule 8min tee times will keep that from happening.

Definitely should, but rarely happens at the public courses I frequent.

Back