AeroTech SteelFiber Private Reserve Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Strength and Stability meets a great look.

Fa8Ht2HXoAAtQxJ.jpeg

Those look fantastic!

I like 'em (y)

i hit these in my club champion fitting. i had sf shafts many years ago and did not like them at all. but these actually felt really good and gave me solid results. they look awesome, too.

Wonder if they fixed the feel on the 110’s. Always felt super harsh. I enjoy the feel of the steel fiber 95’s, but wish the 110’s felt similar.

• Admin
i hit these in my club champion fitting. i had sf shafts many years ago and did not like them at all. but these actually felt really good and gave me solid results. they look awesome, too.
Yeah not new, but I love the looks.
I am in the same camp. I was not a fan of the feel of the original lineup, but in recent years, they feel pretty good to me.

Always wanted to try out the SF shafts. Tried one briefly at a fitting some time ago and it seemed great!

The black and gold combo makes for one of my favourite colour combinations. Really looking forward to trying the SF in the SMS irons.

Nice finish!

um that finish looks fantastic.

Black and gold is not my favorite color combo but those look good.

I haven’t tried Aerofiber since 2016, but the finish on those sure looks good.

Looks like they’re $90-$100 each.

ive played the original steel fibers and the Black Label and the Private Reserve. the Private Reserve seems to play more active and less boardy. the best way I can describe it is the 110s will play like the profile of the 95 but with added weight. The Black labels play exactly like OG Steelfiber but with a new graphic design. The Private Reserve has a darker gray finish as well. These come stock with the PXG Black Label Elite Gen 5 irons.

I was fit into SF i95s, and really like them. If the Private Reserves perform the same, but with better feel (more like Recoils?), that would be a big!

Those look fantastic!

I've always wondered how SteelFiber shafts would feel - especially compare the i80 and i95.

Reading their website seems like these are supposed to reduce the harsh feel some say the regulars have.

Where on the website does it say that exactly? It's my understanding that these are just tighter tolerances than the standard version and basically mirror what True Temper does with the "Tour Issue" version of the Dynamic Gold shafts. Essentially a way to better sort them at the factory and charge double for the same shaft.

I have only hit the i95s and always enjoyed them. I just picked up a set of irons with the i95s in them and it feels good to be back in them.

I will need to do some reading and see if there is any reason I would consider the newer options.

Those look great!

The Black Label Series are a tighter tolerance version of the standard aerotech shaft. Besides knowing that your shaft is within a tighter spec window is all u get and a slightly different label. With the Private Reserve, my understanding is that they are a different build and more active. I played multiple sets of Aerotechs but they were all in different heads. I dont have a apples to apples comparison just some basic feel comparisons.

Love the way my i95s feel and look. And these look even better! (y)

Back