Adams a12 OS Irons Review Thread - Forum Testing

If you do decide to get one Mike get in touch with Blind9Golf at the top of the page, talk to Patty or Dennis and they will set you up with a new one and save you a little money to boot. Good THPers and good folks, you won't be sorry I can assure you.
DD THANKS for that information !! Awesome, when I spring for it I'll be SURE to contact them, THANKS !

I'm sorry guys, 1,640+ posts means that I am not going to search the thread for the answer. How is the turf interaction with these clubs?
I only hit the 6 hybrid twice. Both times from the fairway. I left a tiny ruffle in the grass after my hit .... This club reminded a little bit of my Ping G20 irons .... they ain't gonna dig in very much, they have a LOT O SOLE :)

I felt very comfortable with this club because I could tell that it wasn't going to DIG very much even if I was a lil steep on the downswing.

I am kinda like KB, don't take a large divot but I do take one. Here is a pic from yesterday that was taken a little late in the follow through, but it was a pretty good shot off of this lie with a hybrid. I have not been having a ton of trouble from these lies.

Spoiler
IMG_8536.jpg

DD that was one TIGHT LIE there. You can see in the picture too that there was very litter interaction with the turff. These clubs are NOT DIGGERS, and for me, THAT'S A GOOD THING !

Great job everyone, the Adams are still solid in the bag for everyone. DD, sounds like solid headway especially the 7 & 8 which are just solid even off the tee.

I'm sorry guys, 1,640+ posts means that I am not going to search the thread for the answer. How is the turf interaction with these clubs?

It's really quite good my fellow NFC North fan. Off the tighter lies I don't have any issues. I'm a huge divot taker and while I'll occasionally dig, its not very often. Not a deep divot which is definitely different for me but I like it. I think I even like it better just off the fringe. A lot harder to skull it lol.

Another question in another thread got me thinking... How do you all hit these lower? WHen I was messing around with the GW I cutting my follow through off. Not sure thats ideal or not.

TMex, I am playing it a ball back in the stance and thinking 3/4 swing, which is in all actuallity very close to a full swing. It certainly lowers the trajectory for me.

TMex, I am playing it a ball back in the stance and thinking 3/4 swing, which is in all actuallity very close to a full swing. It certainly lowers the trajectory for me.

I'm gonna try this. Seems like at times (by accident) the ball fly's lower and still manages to land soft.

I'm gonna try this. Seems like at times (by accident) the ball fly's lower and still manages to land soft.

Let me know how it works out for you buddy.

I need to give this a try myself, thanks DD. Playing in the wind yesterday was a real struggle finding the proper distances. While these fly nice and straight, they are shorter against the wind and in turn longer with. I had one shot from 157 yesterday, out of the rough and against about 20 mph, I hit a smooth 6h thinking it was more than enough and came up short by 15 yards because it just hung up there. A bit latter I hit an 8i at a 170 yard pin that rolled up almost hole high, lol, (wind behind me). I'm still amazed at how little these seem to slide with a cross wind.

I do want to touch a little on how my swing has changed since gaming this type of iron. Coming from smaller, thinner style heads I have always had a pretty steep angle of attack catching the ball first to compress and take a rather thin deep divot. I noticed yesterday that my swing has flattened out a bit more with these and the divot is wider, possibly not as deep. I honestly think that's what has caused the occasional left pull, so back to the range for me. I need to know if the head shape has created this, or my swing path.

Has anyone else felt that their swing has changed because of this style of club? My overall results have spoke for themselves, but I still think I can zero these in a bit closer.

I need to give this a try myself, thanks DD. Playing in the wind yesterday was a real struggle finding the proper distances. While these fly nice and straight, they are shorter against the wind and in turn longer with. I had one shot from 157 yesterday, out of the rough and against about 20 mph, I hit a smooth 6h thinking it was more than enough and came up short by 15 yards because it just hung up there. A bit latter I hit an 8i at a 170 yard pin that rolled up almost hole high, lol, (wind behind me). I'm still amazed at how little these seem to slide with a cross wind. I do want to touch a little on how my swing has changed since gaming this type of iron. Coming from smaller, thinner style heads I have always had a pretty steep angle of attack catching the ball first to compress and take a rather thin deep divot. I noticed yesterday that my swing has flattened out a bit more with these and the divot is wider, possibly not as deep. I honestly think that's what has caused the occasional left pull, so back to the range for me. I need to know if the head shape has created this, or my swing path. Has anyone else felt that their swing has changed because of this style of club? My overall results have spoke for themselves, but I still think I can zero these in a bit closer.

I can honestly see that due. Sometimes I can count on the forgiveness a bit too much but my misses a much different so its a different flaw for me. Maybe you're swing is feeling like it needs to help the ball up more? I don't know, sometimes my swing does all sorts of crazy stuff lol.

I can honestly see that due. Sometimes I can count on the forgiveness a bit too much but my misses a much different so its a different flaw for me. Maybe you're swing is feeling like it needs to help the ball up more? I don't know, sometimes my swing does all sorts of crazy stuff lol.

That could be exactly what I'm doing and may be hard to adjust until next spring. This ground is really hard this time of year, so finding softer lies is a real challenge, lol. I just found a video of my swing from yesterday that show's a pretty good dig with hardly any divot.

Lol I know what you mean Due! I didn't get a chance to get out last night but I will today for some more testing. Also gonna try a couple different approaches. I might go hard at the ball half the bucket just to see. I know we've all talked about how well the clubs hold up to harder swings but i'm gonna give them some good passes lol.

Had the opportunity to play these today in 20+ mph winds and was able to hit several nice knock downs into the wind. I had a PW from 110 directly into the wind that I hit about 20 feet short, very happy with that. A 7 iron with a strong cross wind that I hit pin high on a par 3 at 145, the wind still pushed it about 20 yards but had I put it up it would have been 40. A 5H that was directly into a strong headwind that I was able to keep low and get about 170 yards on a approach to a par 5. Those were the best but I did have a PW get caught by the wind on a 115 yard downhill shot that the green was exposed and nothing was there to even slow down the wind, it ended up about 20 yards short, I had tossed over in my mind trying the 9I instead and wish I had, I did get up and down though.
For the 1st nine today there was much less wind, about 10 mph, and the clubs were very good. They continue to impress me and make me feel confident over any shot which I pull one of them for. It was a fun round with only 30 putts, I only hit 33% of the greens but the Adams were spot on in chipping and pitching the ball close.

Gave these a test drive at Golf Galaxy today. Wow. I hit the graphite shafts. I was crushing the 6-hybrid. After looking athe 8-iron, I didn't see "duffer", all I could think was how big the sweet spot was. I wasn't in the market for new irons, until I hit these.

I know exactly what you mean blugold, I never believed going into the testing that these would replace my Mizzy MX-300's but I can certainly say that they have, I love these clubs, irons & hybrids both.

Gave these a test drive at Golf Galaxy today. Wow. I hit the graphite shafts. I was crushing the 6-hybrid. After looking athe 8-iron, I didn't see "duffer", all I could think was how big the sweet spot was. I wasn't in the market for new irons, until I hit these.

You can't go wrong with these clubs blugold, especially that 6 hybrid!

Had the opportunity to play these today in 20+ mph winds and was able to hit several nice knock downs into the wind. I had a PW from 110 directly into the wind that I hit about 20 feet short, very happy with that. A 7 iron with a strong cross wind that I hit pin high on a par 3 at 145, the wind still pushed it about 20 yards but had I put it up it would have been 40. A 5H that was directly into a strong headwind that I was able to keep low and get about 170 yards on a approach to a par 5. Those were the best but I did have a PW get caught by the wind on a 115 yard downhill shot that the green was exposed and nothing was there to even slow down the wind, it ended up about 20 yards short, I had tossed over in my mind trying the 9I instead and wish I had, I did get up and down though.
For the 1st nine today there was much less wind, about 10 mph, and the clubs were very good. They continue to impress me and make me feel confident over any shot which I pull one of them for. It was a fun round with only 30 putts, I only hit 33% of the greens but the Adams were spot on in chipping and pitching the ball close.

Sounds like a great round and your putting has been crazy good lately. Nice job!

They worked their charm on you as well. On the bright side, once you have these you should be done buying for a while, lol.

With all due respect to every member of THP, I felt like an old fart hitting this OS set with the graphite shafts.

With all due respect to every member of THP, I felt like an old fart hitting this OS set with the graphite shafts.

I resemble that remark :D

They worked their charm on you as well. On the bright side, once you have these you should be done buying for a while, lol.

That's the thing. I figured I would be good on irons and hybrids for a while. They were low on my wish list. But not anymore.

That's the thing. I figured I would be good on irons and hybrids for a while. They were low on my wish list. But not anymore.

I'm with you on that. I never would of thunk it, but my scores are simply better for having them. I do want to test the graphite and possibly make that change next spring.

I just spoke with Dennis at Blind9 and they have these irons and the a12 in the store!! They will be available on the website tomorrow.

Oh COME ON! I'm will have to fight the urge to OEM these. I need to wait until the 2012 season gets closer.

I just spoke with Dennis at Blind9 and they have these irons and the a12 in the store!! They will be available on the website tomorrow.

You can buy individual clubs from them too, I bought the 3H from them and it was a great transaction.

Back