Accuracy Counts - Closest to the Pin Contests

How Often Do You Win Closest to the Pin Contests?

• Total voters

bkuehn1952

Making Bogies Since 1960
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.4 Index
Almost every charity outing and many low level tournaments include a "closest to the pin" competition. I have won a few but I have never been especially fortunate with this type of skill contest. The typical prize has been a round of golf or a dozen balls.

How about everyone else? Anyone aced a closest to the pin contest? What was the best payoff/prize?

Usually it’s a gift certificate to the host course or something similar. I’ve never been wow’ed by them

I have won a few, many years ago. Got a gift certificate for pro shop usually.

I just won one at a football coaches shamble this summer. Not sure how, I was like 20 ft away on a 170ish hole.

My lone win was a sleeve of titleist DT logoed balls. My shot was hanging slightly over the cup! Never fell in.

sleeve of DTs. SMH. :confused:

Have never won, competed in very few.

Here typically it ends up like long drive, like magic someone in the last group eeks out the win 🤫

I’ve won a bunch of them. We have several tournaments a year with them on all 4. Usually the prize is a hat or maybe $20-25. Best have been a dozen ProV’s

I’ve won 3 over the years. Best prize was winning two tickets to a Carolina Panthers football game. I ended up selling ‘em... and ended up with a couple hundred bucks!

I've played in a bunch of scrambles and won a good many closest to the pin contests. I've won a night in the owner's suite for me and 20 friends at Autozone Park, home of the Triple A Memphis Redbirds. That one wound up costing me $600 since beer wasn't part of the prize. Usually it's a gift certificate, cash or an occasional putter or wedge.

I won once, many years ago when I was an absolutely horrendous golfer (like cheating my butt off to shoot 120 instead of 140). The prize was a dozen cheap golf balls. Come close a few times since then as my game has improved, but no wins. I'm a big fan of closest to pin as opposed to long drive contests at outings. Long drive narrows the field down to just a few big hitters. In theory, everybody has a decent shot at a closest to the pin contest.

My senior 18 hole, weekly golf league has closest to the pin contests on every par three for the 2 dozen or so players every week. Our weekly entrance fees are small so a CTP gets $5. I’ve gotten one 5 out of the last 5 weeks.

Unless I get lucky I'm not getting a CTP award in any tournament. My 27% GIR stat doesn't seem strong enough to go pin hunting

We do it in our weekly M/W/F games. Everyone puts in 4 dollars, $1 for each par 3, on top of the other $10, which is $5 for team and $5 for scats. Last round we had 19 players! You better be real close if you’re gonna get a green ball!!

I’ve won 2 or 3 over the years. The prizes were gift certificates to the course.

Back when I was good and Burner Bubbles were new, I won 2 closest to the pins in one outing. Prizes were bubble drivers. They let me trade one for a 3 wood.

I’ve won a few. My latest was the last tournament I played in and I got a really nice etched glass cup, a sleeve of balls, and a bunch of tees.

IMG_6673.jpeg

I won once, with my only HIO. Bar tab was expensive and I won the prize I bought for the fundraiser. $200 of golf at a course I don't enjoy 🤣

I played in a tournament three weeks ago and managed to win the closest to the pin. It was a computer company hosting and the prize was a new Lenovo laptop.
I certainly chose a good tournament to win my first!

Surprisingly I've had a few over the years in full field events.

Last one was this May for a customer event where I won a yeti hopper 18. Since I was technically a sponsor I "lost" it to the guy who actually carried our team, but I did keep the trophy.

I've won a few over the years between charity scrambles, weekend money games, and our annual guys' trip/tournament. Best prize of all of them was $100 cash.

My regular group plays CTP on all four Par 3s. They’re treated like another skin. So they don’t pay a ton but they’re worth bragging rights.

One large group ( club) I played in had $10 payouts for CP’s
But it was $5 to get in that pool.
I’d buy in at some courses where the par 3’s are all under 180yrd.

I have won a good amount of these. I have won a lot of Bluetooth speakers, some shoes, a golf bag one time, and most recently a $200 gift card to Sunglass Hut. Fortunately iron play is the strongest part of my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back