A Throwback: Nickent Tour Prototype

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Doing some work in the lab and came across this putter that was built for me by Hoeffy before they released their putter line. Rolled this for a couple of years and might reshaft it and bring it to the putting green for a bit.

027FA4BF-9AB6-4D81-9ABE-AD2FA3B8A406.jpeg

AA176767-7D35-417A-8990-7E3BDBC5C157.jpeg

1FE76366-446C-45F1-8B4B-0B163A5ACB4E.jpeg

E3E40F6C-FCC0-492C-8DE4-A7836F5E06E0.jpeg

Not a bad looking putter. Definitely gives off the old school vibe.

A putter I could see you gaming. Like the looks of that!

Definitely a putter I could see myself gaming. Great looking putter. (y)

• Admin
A putter I could see you gaming. Like the looks of that!

I always loved this insert. Dense feeling, but put a good roll on the ball.

Very simple and clean.

Loved those.

Nickent was super underrated. Hybrids were really good! This is a pretty good design for a putter!!

Never heard of Nickent, cool looking little putter. If you stroke that thing well, bring it back!

Very very cool. The JB stamp is sick.
Haha. I didn’t do that Hoeffy did. He said “this way if you hate it, you have to find another JB to give it to”

nickent did some great things for a few years. That’s a great looking putter. I would play it.

I'm into the shape and interesting insert they put on it. Sounds like it would be a nice find

Never heard of Nickent, cool looking little putter. If you stroke that thing well, bring it back!

Nickent as a brand didnt make it and is now owned by Dicks sporting goods, so the current lines are not the same as what existed prior.

The brand got pretty hot for a stretch, especially in the hybrid market, but had a full line and their club designer was a gentleman by the name of John Hoeflich. He was the person behind some legendary creations in golf.

Tommy Armour 845 irons
TaylorMade RAC
Titleist DCI
and quite a few others.

That was such a fun putter line

Very cool putter and you could be way different than most. I like the style and personalization. You say the insert is dense - is it like nearly metal feeling?

Very cool putter and you could be way different than most. I like the style and personalization. You say the insert is dense - is it like nearly metal feeling?

Hmmm. I wouldn’t say metal, I would say crisp with a bit of a deep sound

I have never seen one.
And it’s a tour prototype 😵

I like the shape with the squared toe.. I wish I could confidently play a bladed putter!!

I didn't know they made putters! I gamed one of their hybrids until it had an unfortunate encounter with a tree root.

This one looks nice. I like this shape a lot, and it's done well here.

dass nice @JB...i'd game that.

Nickent as a brand didnt make it and is now owned by Dicks sporting goods, so the current lines are not the same as what existed prior.

The brand got pretty hot for a stretch, especially in the hybrid market, but had a full line and their club designer was a gentleman by the name of John Hoeflich. He was the person behind some legendary creations in golf.

Tommy Armour 845 irons
TaylorMade RAC
Titleist DCI
and quite a few others.

Hmm, very interesting. What years was it in existence as Nickent?

Back