A question for ALL you golfers who ride carts - please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you can vent Roy. I do it all the time. However, your venting was a little... extreme. I accept your apology and offer one of my own for getting out of shape about it. I hope you stick around, this really is a great site.

When I have to wait for people on the tee ahead of me, I either hang back and make all of my little actions as noisy as possible, or I drive out to the fairway to which they are hitting and jump around yelling to distract them. I like to make them mess up when I'm around. It makes me feel better about my game. They usually do mess up which makes me think I'm good. :D

This is a great thread today. There is no "right or wrong" here. My take is that if the folks barge up on you during your backswing ina boisterous way, they are idiots with no class. Most people tend to be courteous and "slowly" aproach, clearing the green they just left is proper ediquitte. Some courses have lots of room between tee boxes and plenty of room so as to not interfere with the group in front. Most people tend to be polite and keep thier traps shut and stay in thier carts. If someone bothers me or my group by being obnoxious or rude, I let them know by simply telling them so. That usually does the trick.

When I finish a hole, I vacate the area pronto so the group behind me can play. I then drive to the next tee box. Sorry if this bothers you but I see no reason to hide behind a bush until you hit your tee shot! :)

Have a great day and welcome to THP.

Is your swing that bad or is it cause you get stage fright? Do the birds have to stop chirping as well right before you swing? :D

But to answer your question, it depends on the hole, if there is plenty of room between the two holes then I will hang back, but if I have no choice then I'm driving up and watching you hit into the water.........

There is no space on my course, it is very tight and you could actually pee from the green onto the next tee box lol, that is how tight and close it is. There are very few holes where its actually spaced out. IMO there is nothing wrong with driving up to the next tee box as long as the person is not swinging, cant expect people to hold up play behind them because you get nervous having people close. Also there is the risk of getting hit by the group behind you if you hold back close to the green waiting for the next person to tee off. I just dont get how you can be this bent out of shape about this, when your driving in your car and you need to get in the turn lane do you hold back behind the car thats in the straight lane so you are not beside them or close to them? In the line at a store do you stand 20 feet behind somebody, of course not.

Of course you can vent Roy. I do it all the time. However, your venting was a little... extreme. I accept your apology and offer one of my own for getting out of shape about it. I hope you stick around, this really is a great site.

My bad. After reading the first few posts I got upset, skimmed, and posted. If you apologized for what you said than great. Welcome.

If I'm on the tee box and you can see the group in front of me hitting their shots, there's no need for you to push up on me when I can't possibly hit. Move off the green complex so the group behind you can hit and just wait away from my group's personal space. I mean get as close as you feel comfortable but don't interfere or roll up when we're in a backswing.

Things that make you go hmmmmm..

If I'm riding I complete the hole...jump in cart...drive to next box and hang up there (mid-way or so) if someone is on the tee getting set to hit. If someone is just starting to get to to their pre-shot routine... I'll approach closer but I still won't hang out by the tee. Of course, some layouts make it so this isn't possible.

Alex

Don't forget to have some fun when you're playing. That's the whole point of being out there. If I find myself in such a position on the tee box, crack some jokes with your playing partners, enjoy the day. You're not working, you're not doing chores around the house, life is good you know? There's much worse places you could be. If you're feeling really crazy you could say "Hi" to the people in the cart pulling up and make some new friends. Crazy talk, I know. That's how people used to meet way back before facebook. But yeah the general etiquette is to hang back as much as possible unless you are trying to play through.

At my home course there are several holes that there is not enough room for me to clear the green for the group behind me without proceeding to the next tee box, and if you are just standing there waiting then what's the harm. Now if you are in pre-shot routine then I stay back and let you finish your shot. But there are several tee boxes that I wouldn't know if someone was on them until I rounded the corner, but I'm sorry you are dead wrong about one thing, when you finish the hole the proper thing to do is clear the green area so that the group behind you can proceed.

1.) OK, so a few people agree with me. I'm not the only one annoyed by it. Some have said they give room when it is available. And THAT was all I asked for. To hang back if and when there is room.
2.) I've already SAID I realize some courses don't allow any room for that, so pleeeeeease stop with all the comments about "what else am I supposed to do" and "we might get hit by the group behind us".
3.) For all you tough guys and funny guys, I am not "afraid", or any other trumped up adjective you want to throw at the wall. I've played hundreds of rounds all over the world, and much of the time I hit with a cart parked close by. I carry a single digit handicap year to year (7,8, 9 range) so if you think I'm hitting it in the water a lot just because a cart is parked there ... you are wrong. I frequently give presentations to large groups of people in my profession, so the accusation of stage fright was a nice try, but not applicable. I simply said I don't want the extra pressure and distractions sometimes associated by it. I put plenty on myself as it is. The supermarket line analogy?? Really?
4.) Jacob, thanks for the welcome, but I'm not going to hang around this site. True that I used ONE mildly offensive word while annoyed (d-bag was the word) and later apologized to you for that. You seem decent and honorable. But there's apparently a bunch of other guys on this site who pounced on me and accused me of all manner of things simply because I disagree with them. Then they send their own juvenile e-mails asking if I'm 12 or 13. Hypocrisy at its zenith, wouldn't you say? They will say good riddance to me leaving the site. Fine. Right back at them. Those bubbas and goobers will keep "a-comin up" (as one of them declared) and they probably think zenith is a television.

What comes around goes around I suppose.

Thats cool man, I urge you to reconsider, but I understand if you don't.

Sometimes I like to tee up my ball next to the ball of the person in the group in front of me in anticipation.

Nah, I'm just messin' around. Welcome to the site man. You'll love it here if you love golf. It's just generally tough for people to accept the new guy when he comes in and jumps on other people and throws around names and whatnot.

Wait, isn't Zenith a television? :D

There is no space on my course, it is very tight and you could actually pee from the green onto the next tee box lol, that is how tight and close it is. There are very few holes where its actually spaced out. IMO there is nothing wrong with driving up to the next tee box as long as the person is not swinging, cant expect people to hold up play behind them because you get nervous having people close. Also there is the risk of getting hit by the group behind you if you hold back close to the green waiting for the next person to tee off. I just dont get how you can be this bent out of shape about this, when your driving in your car and you need to get in the turn lane do you hold back behind the car thats in the straight lane so you are not beside them or close to them? In the line at a store do you stand 20 feet behind somebody, of course not.

Why do..how do... you know this? Wait, never mind, I don't wanna know. :D

i like these kinda threads, they are fun to read seeing how people will react, either way there is nothing you can do about people coming up behind you in a cart so i wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it. it would be a shame to loose you roy because of an argument, hell life wouldn't be any fun without arguments.

so which one am I? Bubba or goober? Good riddance....

Hell this is a golf website, getting called Bubba is a compliment....LMAO

Now goober, thats a little different

Hell this is a golf website, getting called Bubba is a compliment....LMAO

Now goober, thats a little different
I had a friend we called Goober growing up, he was cool.

Too bad roycroft is leaving. I agreed with him in principal. I don't go into the next teebox like the Dukes of Hazard which I used to watch on my Zenith TV, but I try to stop midpoint between holes if possible. I will advance if they guys in front of me say something and we begin to talk, but otherwise I assume if they wanted me up there, they'd have added my name to their tee time. I know this doesn't alway work, but I try. I don't get too excited about an audience while I tee off, but sometimes it happens.

If I want that to change, I'll need to join an ultra exclusive club where they seem to be less "full".

:welcome: roycroft!

This one has run its course and we decided it was time to close it. Always find it interesting when a new member here makes their 2nd post calling someone names, then wonders why someone might say something back. Glad to see he apologized, but not exactly the most endearing 5 first posts ever. :alien: If someone wants to be a part of THP, the more the merrier, but the insult throwing won't last long, that is for sure and that goes for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back