Votes: 10 12.5%
  • 3W, 5W, 4H

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • 3W, 3H, 4H

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • 5W, 3H, 4H

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
Include both the hybrids for myself along with the 3w, though I didn't find myself using the 4h often when I had it in the bag.

I have a 1H, 3H, & 4H in my bag. I personally do not get along with fairway woods as well as hybrids. My 1H 15.5 is plenty long for my needs and much easier for me to play than a 3 - wood. I know that is not the answer you are seeking however no FW's for me and I will take hybrids as my "woods".

I played my first round with my new setup yesterday, Driver, G15 4W, Rapture 3H and 4H, and loved it. Dropping the 3 and 5 wood for the 4 wood opened up a slot in my bag. I hit the 4 wood better than I was ever able to hit a 3 wood, especially off the deck. And the Rapture hybrids were awesome--forgiving and long. So I'd vote 4W, 3H and 4H.

I thought I'd add that while I occasionally bag the old one from my starter set since I haven't bought a new one yet, I easily out hit my 3w with my 3h and more accurately off the deck. The only place I see more distance with a 3w is off the tee. Granted that will probably change if I ever get a new 3w but I still only will likely use it off of tees.

Taylormade makes a left handed 4 wood and you won't be disappointed. I have 4 wood and 3 rescue. This leaves room for an extra wedge. 4 wood because it is easier to hit than a 3W and longer than a 5W. The 3H just made for better gapping.

5W, 3H 4H for me.

I hit my 3H about the same as a 7W. So 3W to 3H is too much of a gap, plus I hit a 5W waaaay better than almost any 3W.

No 5W for me. I'd rather have the extra hybrid. Anyone play a 2H?

No 5W for me. I'd rather have the extra hybrid. Anyone play a 2H?

I picked 3w, 3h, 4h out of the list given, but I have 3w (15.5*), 2h (18*), 3h (21*) in my bag. 2 hybrid is just as good off the tee as a 5w for me, but works better from the rough/fairway for me.

I picked 3w, 3h, 4h out of the list given, but I have 3w (15.5*), 2h (18*), 3h (21*) in my bag. 2 hybrid is just as good off the tee as a 5w for me, but works better from the rough/fairway for me.
I've never tried a 2H, but I'd be willing to bet that's the case for me. I'm going to have to check it out and see if the yardages make sense.

3W, 3H, 4H is my setup

5W, 3H, 4H. Usually use fairway woods on par 5s. Better accuracy with the 5W than my 3W. Guess I'm just not good enough . . . yet. ; )

I don't carry a FW but if I did it would have to be a 4W or a 5W. I can achieve just about as much with a 5W that I can with a 3H. I have a 18 degree hybrid which is basically my 4-5FW.

5W, 3h, 4h

I MUST have those hybrids for two of my par 3's depending on tees and wind. If it is quiet and I'm at the regular tees I use the M4. If windy or moved back for a league event I need the M3.

The 5W is needed for one hole's double doglegs and if I'm at the further tee and against the wind on those same par 3s.

I've never tried a 2H, but I'd be willing to bet that's the case for me. I'm going to have to check it out and see if the yardages make sense.

My actual set up is D 3W(16*) 2H(19*) 7W(22*) 4H(25*) 5H(30*)- and sometimes even 6H (35*). I get the 2H down there just under 5W distance. And the 2H is a much more useful club than the 5W. I hit it from the fringe as much as from the fairway.

Back