2024 XXIO 13 Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Going back to its creation in 2000, but even more so since its parent company’s consolidation with Srixon and Cleveland Golf, XXIO has had a luxury not often seen in the golf equipment industry. They’ve been able to focus solely on one type of customer: The “moderate” swing speed player. The advantage this provides is palpable. With a single point of focus, the company’s engineers and marketing teams can narrowly devote all their resources in one direction. In addition, with each successive release they can learn what is working and what isn’t, refining their products in even greater detail. THP did a brand story on XXIO in 2022, and it did a great job at shedding light on this sometimes-mysterious company.

Continue reading...

Awesome and very extensive write-up. Probably the best set of driver/wood combinations have seen from XXIO to date thst I can recall.

Boy, that is a super light driver/shaft combo. I had to snicker when you mentioned the higher pitch of the driver is aimed at a target market and I was reading between the lines for those like me whose hearing is starting to fail 😉 and won’t notice.

Thanks for the review, tons of if there on the entire collection.

The hybrid has me really intrigued. I got along with the last one, but need to try this one out first.
Really thorough info here, on a line that I think a lot of people would like.

Very impressive write up. They look good. The driver looks long / deep to me, but I don't think that's a bad thing at all.

Very interesting! The ActivWing design is something I've been waiting to see in a driver head.

Aerodynamics are about so much more than just speed, so it'll be really interesting to see how people experience this driver. Will it feel more stable? Will it feel and test out as fast as competitors?

Great to see companies differentiate their designs and look at new ways to advance.

Reactions: JB
Great writeup. The Active Wing technology is interesting and kind of cool actually. I will say this is an odd shaped driver head. Maybe it's just the pictures though.

• Staff
Great writeup. The Active Wing technology is interesting and kind of cool actually. I will say this is an odd shaped driver head. Maybe it's just the pictures though.
I think it's relatively conventional at address, albeit closed. May just be lens/perspective on the sole pics, because I don't think it's all that unusual in person.

• Staff
The hybrid has me really intrigued. I got along with the last one, but need to try this one out first.
Really thorough info here, on a line that I think a lot of people would like.
I heart that hybrid. Great tee club on short par 4's too.

I think it's relatively conventional at address, albeit closed. May just be lens/perspective on the sole pics, because I don't think it's all that unusual in person.
I figured it was mainly the pictures or I just need new glasses. :p

Great write up @Hawk

The aero feature to keep the clubface on path is very interesting. Never heard of such an attempt by anyone else that I can remember.

Very interesting! The ActivWing design is something I've been waiting to see in a driver head.

Aerodynamics are about so much more than just speed, so it'll be really interesting to see how people experience this driver. Will it feel more stable? Will it feel and test out as fast as competitors?

Great to see companies differentiate their designs and look at new ways to advance.

Great write up @Hawk

The aero feature to keep the clubface on path is very interesting. Never heard of such an attempt by anyone else that I can remember.
Admit to doing a double-take the first time I encountered it in the tech manual. Makes you wonder how far it can be taken.

That's a long, great writeup @Hawk. Lots of tech in these for sure.

Admit to doing a double-take the first time I encountered it in the tech manual. Makes you wonder how far it can be taken.
I would think that this is just the beginning. Weight + aerodynamic features like this should be able to have a substantial impact, by everything I understand. But I'm not a fluid or aero engineer by any means 😄

This is a fantastic release. I think this would be perfect for my dad.

I enjoyed reading the review. This is an interesting line of clubs to me.

Loud and powerful sounding stands out.

Nice extensive write up @Hawk Well Done!
Being in that under 90 SS category, the XXIO line always intrigues me.
The XXIO 12 Black 3 wood I got from Japan was/is so much fun to hit.

If I bump into this line at a fitting center, I'll make sure to give them a swing or two.

If I bump into this line at a fitting center, I'll make sure to give them a swing or two.
I’d be very interested in your feedback

Maybe our paths cross this year. If so, I'll have it available for you to try.

I don't think you can truly appreciate XXIO products until you see them for yourself.

@Hawk Thank you for the great article. I really enjoy your writing style.

I'm not exactly old enough to be the target demographic, but my swing speed is low enough to fit in. Good info on this line of equipment. Something else to ponder.

I'm not exactly old enough to be the target demographic, but my swing speed is low enough to fit in. Good info on this line of equipment. Something else to ponder.
I wouldn't overthink the age thing. Could easily work for anybody with the right swing speed. If fact, I think XXIO in general would be a great option for you to look at.

Nice review @Hawk. The cannon sole is interesting and the face on the woods is huge. I think they could have left the wording off of the irons though it takes away from the cool look in my opinion.

@Hawk that is one DEEP article!

I have always loved the face shapes of XXIO woods for whatever reason, and to me even with their unique head shapes they’re really cool looking golf clubs.

@Hawk that is one DEEP article!

I have always loved the face shapes of XXIO woods for whatever reason, and to me even with their unique head shapes they’re really cool looking golf clubs.

Back