2024 Worldwide Golf Championship Travel thread

Definitely

@Muchmore, can you provide some guidance on what separates what should go in the travel threads vs what goes in the official threads? I might be overthinking it, but it seems like travel stuff, other than non-event courses have generally been in the official threads?
Sure! It's changed a bit depending on when travel for an event starts. Day of travel, light up the experience thread. Two or three days before, it can be argued to keep it in here but it's a hard one to answer. The changes to make different threads started because planning/playing of extra rounds and such was happening. Members are aware of what's going on, but you also have to think of guests who come in to these threads being super confusing being told that an event is at Briggs Ranch or Ballyhack and them seeing pictures and experiences that have nothing to do with that course or those amenities, or even the event itself. Extra rounds have always been asked to stay out of the experience thread

That's when extra rounds/travel threads became a thing. There's no real way to make it be perfect, especially since threads open way earlier now than they used to, because of contests. You don't want people to have to wade through 80 pages of nothing just to start reading about an event. They used to open the day of an event and everything would just be posted there. Now they open a week before anything starts so it kind of creates the divide of "where do I post". I'm of the opinion that if you're traveling for the event and the travel you're doing is on the way to the event, it should go in there (sans other rounds and such).

Think of it like this, would you want to read about what you're posting when you go back through the thread? If so, add it to the experience thread. If you think it adds nothing to the event or for the sponsor (such as extra rounds and/or meeting up with people not in the event) put it somewhere else

I can if you want me to. That thread hasn't been posted in since March though. And I like how you tag him like he's not on the course playing golf lol
I would so people don't get confused.

JBs a multi tasker. He's probably got a few tabs open. 🤣

Sure! It's changed a bit depending on when travel for an event starts. Day of travel, light up the experience thread. Two or three days before, it can be argued to keep it in here but it's a hard one to answer. The changes to make different threads started because planning/playing of extra rounds and such was happening. Members are aware of what's going on, but you also have to think of guests who come in to these threads being super confusing being told that an event is at Briggs Ranch or Ballyhack and them seeing pictures and experiences that have nothing to do with that course or those amenities, or even the event itself. Extra rounds have always been asked to stay out of the experience thread

That's when extra rounds/travel threads became a thing. There's no real way to make it be perfect, especially since threads open way earlier now than they used to, because of contests. You don't want people to have to wade through 80 pages of nothing just to start reading about an event. They used to open the day of an event and everything would just be posted there. Now they open a week before anything starts so it kind of creates the divide of "where do I post". I'm of the opinion that if you're traveling for the event and the travel you're doing is on the way to the event, it should go in there (sans other rounds and such).

Think of it like this, would you want to read about what you're posting when you go back through the thread? If so, add it to the experience thread. If you think it adds nothing to the event or for the sponsor (such as extra rounds and/or meeting up with people not in the event) put it somewhere else
Yeah, what he said.

You can update the title if not merging. The double 2024 is wrecking my OCD LOL

I concur.
Use live thread for day of travel.
Travel thread for multiple days before.

I would so people don't get confused.
But that one hasn't been posted in since March. This one is at the top of the page. If you guys get confused at this point, I'll be very concerned...

If someone posts in the other, I will merge them. For now, I'll leave it be

But that one hasn't been posted in since March. This one is at the top of the page. If you guys get confused at this point, I'll be very concerned...

If someone posts in the other, I will merge them. For now, I'll leave it be
Sounds good.

You can update the title if not merging. The double 2024 is wrecking my OCD LOL
I am about to put together the most disjointed bag configuration just for you :ROFLMAO:

The forum wants biscuits and gravy though ... so he's playing to the masses.
Yes but the forum wants biscuits and gravy!
Not…..eggs and gravy????

It’s like I ordered this…and got this?

Give the people what they want!!!!!!

1713285838441.png

I am about to put together the most disjointed bag configuration just for you :ROFLMAO:
Ahh that won't bother me at all. The title really wasn't either. I don't get worked up over much Lol

Ahh that won't bother me at all. The title really wasn't either. I don't get worked up over much Lol
Awe where's the fun in stirring the pot if it does not bug you just a little bit?

KY is his partner so they will have it handled
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Also, figure out how to turn off reaction alerts before you get to the start of the experience.
Yes, this. Just keep what you are tagged on so you can respond to any question.

Got checked in earlier. A57. Should be able to snag a window. I have Fallout downloaded on the laptop to watch for the nearly 3 hour flight

Depends on how @baylrballa is on the car ride down.
I know for a fact that there are two Buc-ee's in between Waco and San Antonio so you will be able to load up on travel snacks and jerky.

Got checked in earlier. A57. Should be able to snag a window. I have Fallout downloaded on the laptop to watch for the nearly 3 hour flight
Safe travels my friend.

Yes but the forum wants biscuits and gravy!
Not…..eggs and gravy????

It’s like I ordered this…and got this?

Give the people what they want!!!!!!

View attachment 9257755
There was a biscuit buried in there.
I knew I should’ve got the frittata…
Oh Man Reaction GIF by Bounce

Back