2024 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

Thanks @Jman I’ll give a box or two of these a go. These sound they might be a good compliment to my new “get me to the wedge” playing philosophy.

I was fit for AVX a couple weeks ago and want to try this fitting again with this ball

Have used it very little but the few times I did, loved the flight and feel if this ball

Will get back to Golf Galaxy next month and try this out

I'll admit the ball puzzled me when it came out. I received much better response around the green with the ProV's, and couldn't understand why someone would pay the same price for a golf ball that lacked that attribute.

My premium ball of choice. Added greenside spin would be a welcome addition!

Of all the balls I put in to play last year, I would say that the AVX was one that surprised me the most. With it being lower spin and lower launching, I wasnt expecting a ton, but the softer feel was fantastic. Mid to high launch for most shots, not as high as I would prefer but was about what I expected it to be.

The only thing about this ball, is I just dont understand where it falls on the Titleist lineup. Being a "sibling" to the Prov1 and Prov1x is odd, and I just dont see the benefit in playing this ball vs the others.

More offerings are always a good thing, but it's placement in the lineup confuses me.

I understand your point and personally believe the price point is about $10 too high, but will gravitate toward this ball because of feel. I prefer a softer urethane ball.

I understand your point and personally believe the price point is about $10 too high, but will gravitate toward this ball because of feel. I prefer a softer urethane ball.
Personal opinion, but I agree. Also think the ProV1 and ProV1x are about $10 too high.

i played the 22 version for awhile last summer and hit some of my furthest drives with that ball....now if i could swap out a prov for my second shot and on that would be the perfect ball for me.

Played it about two years ago and liked it. This will be my gamer once I get through my stash of others. Maybe sooner.

The AVX is a solid choice. I went to the course with a handful to try out recently and liked them. A better price point than the PRoV's, though less spin. Still, a solid option.

Nice write up, I have gamed previous versions of the AVX and I did like the ball for the most part. The extra greenside spin will be an added bonus for this ball and I will give it a try. When I tested this ball against the Titleist Tour Speed last year the differences were pretty minimal for me so played the Tour Speed a bit at a cheaper price point, will have to see if I notice more difference this upcoming season.

Great article as always. I was fit into the AVX at the Titleist Experience at Mission Inn and have been keeping it in the ball rotation ever since.

It’s a great ball and I am glad Titleist held the line on pricing at $50/dozen.

Nice write up, I have gamed previous versions of the AVX and I did like the ball for the most part. The extra greenside spin will be an added bonus for this ball and I will give it a try. When I tested this ball against the Titleist Tour Speed last year the differences were pretty minimal for me so played the Tour Speed a bit at a cheaper price point, will have to see if I notice more difference this upcoming season.
+1
Love the Tour Speed. I bought 1 dozen AVX a couple years back. They were a fine ball but not worth $10/dozen more than the Tour Speeds.

Equal sibling to ProV1 but $5 cheaper a dozen if it fits? Strange.

I just noticed that these are coming with a 5 dollar price drop. But all construction measures these are the same quality as the prov balls.

I am curious @JB if you have any thoughts here based on discussion we have had in the past.

never really tried AVX...not sure it would work well for me, but I'd try it for grins and giggles

I play one or two rounds with an AVX every year. I can really hit some flat piercing drives with them, but still get some decent approach shots as well. My home course has the small tabletop domed greens so these have always been a challenge for me in the short game as they just don’t want to check up. I’ll be interested how much ground they’ve made up there.

Good write up @Jman

In the past I have enjoyed playing the AVX on those days with lots of wind as the slight lower flight cuts through the wind nicely. Good ball and also find endurance pretty good. Look forward to playing this newest release.

One ball out of the Titleist line up that I have never put into play. It seems to have a niche in the market based on the write up by @jman and good to see them making improvements. Is it me but does the markings on the ball make it look like a range ball?

Funny everytime I do the Titlleist ball selector it gives me the PV1. But in actual play I prefer the AVX. Fits my game better as I tend to hit it high and too much spin, so the lower ball flight and less spin works. I know it took a while for the ball to find its place and glad it has. Try many others and always come back to the AVX. Cant wait to try the 2024 after I test the '24 Tour B RBX...

This is a ball I enjoy from a feel perspective, but it flies too low for me.
My thoughts exactly. Love the feel but flight off the tee is much lower than I prefer.

Really liked the distance as I am not a long hitter, straight and great feel. But they rolled off the green for me. Can't have that. I'll try the 2024 version to see if there is improvement.

I love last year's AVX, as I am a high launch, high spin player, but only mid-speed ~ 100 mph with the driver. Sure the ball is long, but I play it for the performance on miss-hits. My shots that instantaneously spark "not gonna get there" in my brain, get there! This happens a lot, and consequently has increased my GIR and deacreased my overall score. Hate the new alignment lines, makes it look cheap, and I hope they get rid of them. I'll still play it as I love this ball, and the new one should be even better. For the people who think this ball isn't for them, give it a try. My 115 mph driver swinging, 300 yard carrying best friend swears by these balls as he shoots in the low 70s!

Love the AVX's

I played around with the AVX a bit last year and thought it was a really fun ball off the tee and on approach shots. Like others have said the lack of green side spin was the dealbreaker for me. I’ll be interested to see what they’ve done with the new version. If they’ve improved the short game stuff this could still be a great option for me on windy or cold days.

I prefer a little more height in my long game so am currently going back and forth between the ProV1x and the left dash. No winner yet. Both are killing it. I‘m also hearing the new TP5X may give the left dash a run for its money, so despite being a diehard Titleist ball guy I may have to try sleeve of those. Lots to look forward to this year.

I play AVX because I put a lot spin on my irons and these are the best option for not ripping it back off of our severely tilted greens :)

Never had any issue with check around the greens. If the new version is even better, all to the good!

Back