2024 THP Fantasy Football Experience w/ Adam Rank Travel Thread

bigbov

2024 THP Fantasy Football Experience w/ Adam Rank
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 18
Alright boys & girls... the current experience taking place @ Ballyhack has me all geeked up about our trip. Thought we should start this now as I know some of us are planning on getting there early. We will have to figure out a place to play our warm up round on Wednesday. I know there are a decent amount of THP'ers from Virginia so any thoughts from them are appreciated.

@bigbov
@Joshnoble01
@DH27
@sunshine
@oumagic
@Stemmy66
@Afizzle2100
@BuckNasty

Let's go!!! Following the Vokey experience has me pumped.

Let's go!!! Following the Vokey experience has me pumped.
For real... did a quick search for golf courses near hotel. That Blue Hills looked alright. Tagging @Pharaoh to get his input as he seems to know Virginia golf courses. Not sure if he knows any in Roanoke area but worth a shot.

For real... did a quick search for golf courses near hotel. That Blue Hills looked alright. Tagging @Pharaoh to get his input as he seems to know Virginia golf courses. Not sure if he knows any in Roanoke area but worth a shot.
Golf Wednesday is going to be a blast coming off a red-eye. Going to be bleary eyed but it should help me adjust to the time difference on day 1.

Blue hills is nice. Lots of good views and is kept in a great condition generally. Hanging rock is a public favorite among SWVA/local folks. Ole Monterrey is nearby and has some spectacular mountains views as well though it doesn’t get the same hype. I will point out just because there’s a lot of country clubs doesn’t mean they won’t take your call. Clubs out that way do have openings. Roanoke CC, Hidden Valley, Hunting Hills may find a spot for you. VA private clubs are interesting. Some welcome the public routinely. Others are total snobs.

Golf Wednesday is going to be a blast coming off a red-eye. Going to be bleary eyed but it should help me adjust to the time difference on day 1.
I bet you will perk right up... We will get you a Bloody Mary or something.
Blue hills is nice. Lots of good views and is kept in a great condition generally. Hanging rock is a public favorite among SWVA/local folks. Ole Monterrey is nearby and has some spectacular mountains views as well though it doesn’t get the same hype. I will point out just because there’s a lot of country clubs doesn’t mean they won’t take your call. Clubs out that way do have openings. Roanoke CC, Hidden Valley, Hunting Hills may find a spot for you. VA private clubs are interesting. Some welcome the public routinely. Others are total snobs.
Thanks buddy... knew I could count on you!

Red eyes is comrade @bigbov favorite color.

Just putting Keon Coleman's waffle house order out there.

I don't even know what you're talking about....
This guy should be protected at all costs. Glad he’s up here.. his pressers are fantastic. The coat shopping one was amazing!

You want to know something ironic? I actually dislike the color red.
I wonder why.
This guy should be protected at all costs. Glad he’s up here.. his pressers are fantastic. The coat shopping one was amazing!

National treasure. I wish I had discovered him more recently than 2 days ago.

I wonder why.

National treasure. I wish I had discovered him more recently than 2 days ago.
I knew he was a good WR (killed Syracuse)
but am too just learning of the personality. Amazing.

Great info. Are you actually in Roanoke?

Great info. Are you actually in Roanoke?
I’m in Richmond. (About 3 hrs away. VA is a surprisingly large state. From VA beach to the edge of the panhandle is actually almost 8 hrs)

@Wildcat - I meant to tag you on this earlier

I was just texting w/ my good friend @Joshnoble01 about staying in Roanoke Sat. night. Seeing the bonus golf the guys are playing @ Ballyhack rt now got us both thinking about if it's offered in August we should def. take advantage. Even if we can't we could find an afternoon round or just hangout, decompress, & have dinner that night. Josh was looking into changing his departure flight to Sunday and since I am driving I can certainly wait a day. I just checked the same Comfort Inn a bunch of us are staying pre-event and Sat night looked like it was only $10-$15 more than we are paying for weekday.

Wanted to throw it out there in case any others were thinking same or wanted to hang one extra day. Let's wait until Sunday to have the post event hangover.

I was just texting w/ my good friend @Joshnoble01 about staying in Roanoke Sat. night. Seeing the bonus golf the guys are playing @ Ballyhack rt now got us both thinking about if it's offered in August we should def. take advantage. Even if we can't we could find an afternoon round or just hangout, decompress, & have dinner that night. Josh was looking into changing his departure flight to Sunday and since I am driving I can certainly wait a day. I just checked the same Comfort Inn a bunch of us are staying pre-event and Sat night looked like it was only $10-$15 more than we are paying for weekday.

Wanted to throw it out there in case any others were thinking same or wanted to hang one extra day. Let's wait until Sunday to have the post event hangover.
Love this idea. As we discussed I kind of already in the mode to grab some dinner and chill and get up early Sunday and get home at noon instead of flying out Saturday evening and getting home at 1am.

Love this idea. As we discussed I kind of already in the mode to grab some dinner and chill and get up early Sunday and get home at noon instead of flying out Saturday evening and getting home at 1am.
I am in if you are... lmk if you change your flight and I will book a room at that hotel. I love the idea of not rushing as well. Works out this is on a weekend this time. #besteventever

I am in if you are... lmk if you change your flight and I will book a room at that hotel. I love the idea of not rushing as well. Works out this is on a weekend this time. #besteventever
I will look at what it takes to change tonight.

@GerryWithAG @Tenputt and I played Hanging Rock before the Vokey event. I enjoyed the course. It was cost effective but a bit firm in places having the ball bounce out if you were too close to the edges, but still alot of fun. I would play it again.

I will fly in Tuesday and out Sunday. I will have to assess how much golf my back can handle pre/post event, but I will be there to hang out regardless. Seeing Bag Boy and Edel this week at Ballyhack is getting me very excited for the event!

Back