2024 Texas Valero Open

mikeg_74

2015 Grandaddy | 2019 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
From TPC San Antonio (Par 72 / 7,438yds)
It’s the final tune up before Augusta. Corey Connors won last year with a -15.

1712276619815.png

Finished day one at +1 but I’ll take this

I read that it was the 500th start on Tour for Charley Hoffman. That’s quite a milestone for him.

@jlew I was also looking for it.

This is all I saw from this year.

@jlew I was also looking for it.

This is all I saw from this year.
Yep think with boss man traveling MikeG comes to rescue.

Bhatia played lights out yesterday, was fun to watch.

Killer round by Bhatia, the wind can get ugly on that course, also tons of ugly bunkers and elevated greens. Things can change fast. Weather conditions today and tomorrow will be a little tougher than yesterday. (I live 3 miles from the course and will be working out there today and Sunday)

This Rory/Rickie group is crazy today. They have to be like an hour behind pace

#rigged

1712332487778.png

Spieth had himself a round today as did Webb Simpson. Interesting to see how Bhatia holds up heading into the weekend.

Ludwig Aberg teed off on the 299 yard Par 4 17th today.

The adapter screw on his TSR driver broke at impact and the head flew off the shaft. And he DROVE THE GREEN! 😲😲😲

The adapter screw on his TSR driver broke at impact and the head flew off the shaft. And he DROVE THE GREEN! 😲😲😲
I just saw that. He’s got about 10-12 for eagle haha.

A couple months ago on my bachelor party trip my buddy hit his 3w and the head went flying off. He smoked it and was a few yards past my easy fairway finder drive. I guess if you going to lose one then might as well have it be on a great shot!

… and missed the putt.

That’s an awkward explanation for someone to give. Who technically broke it? Caddie? Player? Tour rep if he tweaked it?

That’s an awkward explanation for someone to give. Who technically broke it? Caddie? Player? Tour rep if he tweaked it?
You could see it on TV. They shows a closeup of the end of shaft. Adapter was still intact and you could see the broken off part of the screw still in the adapter. They showed the shot when it happened too. Clubhead there at address, and not there on follow through.

You could see it on TV. They shows a closeup of the end of shaft. Adapter was still intact and you could see the broken off part of the screw still in the adapter. They showed the shot when it happened too. Clubhead there at address, and not there on follow through.
Just sheared away. Eek

Was watching that as well, no clue how the ball ended up on the green.

BackDoorRors

Back