2024 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

I’ve been playing the TP5 and B XS, one on the front one on the back and vice versa next time out. We’ve had a few windy days and the TP5 has been really good in it. I’m a long time Bstone player and have some sentimentality but I’m rolling with the TP5 for the foreseeable future. It’s just an outstanding performer.

Opened up a sleeve of an older version TP5X (2yrs?) and immediately remembered why I played these. Guess I'll give the new version a go.

I've played around 18 combined holes now with the TP5 and 5x and like both. Good feel, good performance all around. Can't really find any faults with them. Longest drive Sunday was with a TP5. Also had a great up and down from 56 yards with a pitch that stopped dead at about 8 feet from the pin just how I wanted it. Neither model came up in my Ballnamic results last week, but so far I've enjoyed playing my sample pack anyway.

WOW!!! Does this TP5 work well for me..... higher flight but piercing with very consistent and predictable spin characteristics......best tp5 they've made ...

Actually plays like a combo of the 2 new chrome tour balls 👌

Played in ridiculous conditions today .....30+ sustained mph winds gusting to 40 .....yet TP5 was so solid and stable !! Kinda like the 22 BX ball but better feel .....and not short!!!

Shot 77 , didn't lose a ball and the one I'm using still looks NEW 👌 😎 😉 🔥 😍

WOW!!! Does this TP5 work well for me..... higher flight but piercing with very consistent and predictable spin characteristics......best tp5 they've made ...

Actually plays like a combo of the 2 new chrome tour balls 👌

This sounds fantastic

Excited, @LDUBFIREGOLFER & generosity means the TP5 testing box is arriving tomorrow, very grateful to try.

Will need to get these around & on the green practicing for feel & spin before BH travel. May need to add some to the current 2 dozen (2021 release) that are planned to go

I played a sleeve of TP5 Donuts earlier in the week and the feel off the face of irons and wedges is just the best. It's a tad bit firmer than something like a PV1 but not quite as hard as most X offerings. It sits in a very nice spot feel wise for me.

I just noticed that Taylormade skips the 4 in their numbering sequence.

Is it because 4 is considered unlucky in some cultures? Simply a nod to its 5 layer ball (shade at 4 piece balls?)?

These are good, surprisingly good. Hitting the TP5 & TP5 pix around the green and the feel is really really good. Putter feel on the insert of the Wingman is the best I've felt in a while and mutes the high pitched sound most balls make.

These are good, only able to do short stuff today but will need to try and get them on the sim this week.

The TP5x is a great ball for me.

It’s that time of year

IMG_9876.jpeg

Not even a TP5 helps enough with greenside spin in the dew. Bump and run was working tho.

Short game was the only thing working. I was far too timid with irons and woods due to the shankfest I had at the Qi fitting earlier this week. I refuse to put a solid swing on anything so was hitting swipy fades. I do enjoy TP5 off irons though when I hit them like I should. It feel like a slightly firmer PV1 (my security blanket ball) but has the spin of a V1x. It’s a good combo for me.

Once I get back to swinging it free of those terrible shank thoughts I’ll be able to do a better 1v1 comparison with it and BX for the 2024 spot in my bag.

TP5 is a good ball. I’m seeing a lot of the things I like about Tour BX with it but I think I enjoy the feel of TP5 more.

Basically I’m saying I can play them both interchangeably with just minor differences in feel and have been for the past week.

TP5 might be a touch longer off the tee. I need more time comparing both.

No numbers it’s all on course.

Great off the driver and seemed to get good spin on approach shots (only had a handful that this was evident on 😑). Felt good off the putter. Put the BX in for a few holes and while I don't think there was a big enough difference between the two for me, I think the TP5 might be a bit better for me. I'll have to get on the Trackman...

Great off the driver and seemed to get good spin on approach shots (only had a handful that this was evident on 😑). Felt good off the putter. Put the BX in for a few holes and while I don't think there was a big enough difference between the two for me, I think the TP5 might be a bit better for me. I'll have to get on the Trackman...
It’s interesting you’re not seeing a big diff between TP5 and BX either. How do you compare them feel wise? Do you feel Any differences?

It’s interesting you’re not seeing a big diff between TP5 and BX either. How do you compare them feel wise? Do you feel Any differences?

Based on yesterday, the TP5 felt slightly firmer to me... But when I say that, I mean it felt great. The BX seems a touch soft comparatively to me but my ball striking is so inconsistent, it could be that or the ball givinge that feedback. BUT, on the good strikes, I give the nod to the TP5....I've only played the CTX, BX and TP5 this year. Right now, my preference would be: TP5, BX then CTX.

yesterday was my first round where i didnt play in 30+ mph gusts so i feel like i got a pretty good reading on the TP5. I felt like i struck it very well yesterday but was not seeing the distance im used to. Performance around the green was great as always but right now i cant say the distance was any better than the previous model which was one of the slower tour balls

Next round ill try out the TP5x

yesterday was my first round where i didnt play in 30+ mph gusts so i feel like i got a pretty good reading on the TP5. I felt like i struck it very well yesterday but was not seeing the distance im used to. Performance around the green was great as always but right now i cant say the distance was any better than the previous model which was one of the slower tour balls

Next round ill try out the TP5x
When I tried the new TP5 (on GC Quad and on course) I had high hopes that the new ball would give me more distance than the prior generation ball. It just wasn’t there. The spin was still very good but there was no distance gains to be had. Bridgestone’s BXS falls in the same category of spiny but short balls.

When I can get the same spin with a good bit more distance from a firmer ball, why wouldn’t I pick the firmer ball?

When I tried the new TP5 (on GC Quad and on course) I had high hopes that the new ball would give me more distance than the prior generation ball. It just wasn’t there. The spin was still very good but there was no distance gains to be had. Bridgestone’s BXS falls in the same category of spiny but short balls.

When I can get the same spin with a good bit more distance from a firmer ball, why wouldn’t I pick the firmer ball?
Distance isnt my #1 priority but of course it would be nice to get more.

Im a high launch, low spin guy so both the Tour B XS and TP5 appeal to me bc of the lower launch and higher spin. I played B XS exclusively for 4 years and loved it. Haven't tried the new ones yet

I truly can't EXALT the virtues of the 2024 TP5 FOR ME..... feel, spin , trajectory control and proper spin with very similar distances to other premium spin balls ....actually haven't put this against any other spin ball (BXS, CTX, Z-Diamond, ) except 23 v1x and it beats that ball primarily on feel.....

The durability I'm finding is another feature that doesn't get discussed as much as it should ..... my first ball lasted nearly 7.5 rounds !!!

I'm slower than most here but I'm reaching par 5s again, granted downwind but still!!!

Back