EXPERIENCE 2024 Shaft Up #1 with UST Mamiya

I read that post and said Jay Ron has power to all fields

Ohio State

Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco
At least we are both in the big ten 😁

Today we're down to 9 days and we're doing a deep dive into Victoria National. Some fun facts if you will.

1000012108.jpg
Victoria National has been ranked in the Top 100 greatest courses, according to Golf Digest since 2001.
2023-24 ranking is: 53rd
Previous ranking: 47th
Highest Ranking: 21st (2005-06)

Oddly enough if my google knowledge is accurate, Golf Magazine doesn't even have it in it's top 100. :unsure:

It has been ranked #1 in Indiana every year since 2001.

Sits atop the old Peabody Coal Company's abandoned Victoria strip mine. Located in the Southwest corner of Indiana, about seven miles easy of Evansville and is a Tom Fazio Design.

Six sets of tees:
  • Victorian, the back tees with a total length of 7239 yards
  • Tecumseh, the second-to-last tees with a total length of 6861 yards
  • Chinook, the third-to-last tees with a total length of 6598 yards
  • Ayrshire, the fourth-to-last tees with a total length of 6306 yards
  • Squaw Creek, the senior tees with a total length of 5697 yards
  • Darlington, the women's tees with a total length of 5032 yards

In 2018 it was purchased by the Dormie Network and also in 2018 signed a 10 year deal to become the home of the Korn Ferry Championship.

Previously it's hosted Legends tour events (senior tour of the LPGA), US Senior Amateur events.

For those that missed our contest for Shaft Up #1 here's a hole by hole video that might make you a bit weak in the knees. Or maybe that's just me.

Also found this cool site with some stunning pictures of the best holes at Victoria National.

I know both @jayronmillz10 and I have been gushing over this course and can't wait to bring it to it's knees. :ROFLMAO:

Today we're down to 9 days and we're doing a deep dive into Victoria National. Some fun facts if you will.

View attachment 9251248
Victoria National has been ranked in the Top 100 greatest courses, according to Golf Digest since 2001.
2023-24 ranking is: 53rd
Previous ranking: 47th
Highest Ranking: 21st (2005-06)

Oddly enough if my google knowledge is accurate, Golf Magazine doesn't even have it in it's top 100. :unsure:

It has been ranked #1 in Indiana every year since 2001.

Sits atop the old Peabody Coal Company's abandoned Victoria strip mine. Located in the Southwest corner of Indiana, about seven miles easy of Evansville and is a Tom Fazio Design.

Six sets of tees:
  • Victorian, the back tees with a total length of 7239 yards
  • Tecumseh, the second-to-last tees with a total length of 6861 yards
  • Chinook, the third-to-last tees with a total length of 6598 yards
  • Ayrshire, the fourth-to-last tees with a total length of 6306 yards
  • Squaw Creek, the senior tees with a total length of 5697 yards
  • Darlington, the women's tees with a total length of 5032 yards

In 2018 it was purchased by the Dormie Network and also in 2018 signed a 10 year deal to become the home of the Korn Ferry Championship.

Previously it's hosted Legends tour events (senior tour of the LPGA), US Senior Amateur events.

For those that missed our contest for Shaft Up #1 here's a hole by hole video that might make you a bit weak in the knees. Or maybe that's just me.

Also found this cool site with some stunning pictures of the best holes at Victoria National.

I know both @jayronmillz10 and I have been gushing over this course and can't wait to bring it to it's knees. :ROFLMAO:

I literally can’t wait man!! Bring it to its knees? Unlikely, bring me to my knees, most definitely haha

I literally can’t wait man!! Bring it to its knees? Unlikely, bring me to my knees, most definitely haha
I'm so excited for you guys. 9 golf balls that's all your allowed to lose

What’s up THP!

Wanted to share a little about me before next weeks Shaft UP

I am beyond thrilled to get to experience my first THP event next week! I thought I would share a little about me as @Nappy did which I thought was so cool to just learn a little bit about who I am especially since I haven’t been on here too long.

My full name: Jaron Miller - I was always called Jayron in high school because no teachers could pronounce my name correctly haha

Location: Apple Creek, OH - nobody famous from here but Bob Knight is from the town 15 minutes away haha

Married to my wife for 6 years and have a 4 year old Maverick and 3 year old Tate with one more due in July.

Occupation: I work as a sales consultant selling concrete coatings for my family’s business. I’m blessed enough to be the third generation in my family’s business.

Favorite Musician: Morgan Wallen

Favorite Movie: Fast and Furious series - older ones more than the new ones

When did I start playing golf? I started my freshman year of high school. A friend of mine convinced me to play because we missed 4 days of school for it and I have been hooked ever since.

How long have I been on THP: I have been on since 2023 thanks to my friend @Briton G telling me about it in golf league

Worst influence on my wallet on THP: probably the marketplace, I think bought a set of irons on there before I really even know how to use a forum haha

Favorite Thing about THP: Well I love golf so there is a lot to love. I think it’s impressive how nice the people are here. Don’t get me wrong I’ve learned if you say something funny it will get made fun of but not by a bunch of people being jerks. Haha I’ve genuinely enjoyed people’s interactions and I have learned a ton on here about the game and products of golf. It’s my go to before looking into anything to purchase or try is looking up peoples opinions on here.

What I’m looking forward to the most on Shaft Up: gotta start with meeting my teammate @Nappy I can tell we are going to have good chemistry and @JB and @DannyLe better watch out. Haha I’m looking forward to playing Victoria National and seeing how hard it really is. I think it’ll be the nicest course I’ve stepped foot on to date. And I’m very excited to see the magical work of @DannyLe on getting me fit into some awesome UST Mamiya gear.

Looking forward to bring you guys along with this fun ride next week!

Also Ohio State is anything but mediocre - just seeing if you ready all the way through and didn’t skim read.
Hell yeah dude! So pumped to follow along in a couple weeks!!

Playing more than 14 holes my man
I have full confidence in jnappy they will not lose many golf balls

Playing more than 14 holes my man
That is generous of you, I figured we might lose that in the first 9.

Rough won’t be as long as it is later in the year
That is wonderful to hear because the other shaft up that was there was unreal how thick it was

Lots of Fresca talk. I have a secret for you guys. It only gives JB the super powers. I tried it at Victoria National and it didn’t work for me.

Can confirm

It’s basically easy now.

Simple course, I'd say course record in jeopardy here. Also I hope you get our Singles day caddy and not the Shamble one 😂 😂

Can confirm

Simple course, I'd say course record in jeopardy here. Also I hope you get our Singles day caddy and not the Shamble one 😂 😂
No caddies in shaft up normally.
But Napster and Jay Ron don’t need the help

10 Day forecasts typically mean absolutely nothing, but if it was me, and I had the chance to go play one of the nicest courses in the country, I would have some rain gear with me just in case.

Be prepared for the worst and celebrate the best

10 Day forecasts typically mean absolutely nothing, but if it was me, and I had the chance to go play one of the nicest courses in the country, I would have some rain gear with me just in case.

Be prepared for the worst and celebrate the best
Been keeping an eye on it too. Got the rain gear rounded up yesterday.

We're down to 8. Rain gear is packed.

1000012120.jpg

Not sure we have enough balls though.

Back