2024 Golf League Thread

League starts for me tomorrow night. Excited to get out there. Not my favorite course is the world (Safari), but it's fun to get out

League starts for me tomorrow night. Excited to get out there. Not my favorite course is the world (Safari), but it's fun to get out
Safari is not a bad track, I've not played it in a couple years but always enjoyed the starting hole (nothing like a nice tight window to begin) and #15 or #16 I think, the blind tee shot down the hill near the water??

I enjoy that course
It's gotten so much better since the new ownership has taken over. Much better than Rolling Meadows where we were at last year.

Safari is not a bad track, I've not played it in a couple years but always enjoyed the starting hole (nothing like a nice tight window to begin) and #15 or #16 I think, the blind tee shot down the hill near the water??

It's gotten so much better since the new ownership has taken over. Much better than Rolling Meadows where we were at last year.
Yeah Safari is ok. Just tight. Too many trees for my liking :ROFLMAO: 15 is the par 5 with a blind tee shot and the pond near the green

League starts next Tuesday (May 7) and I am not ready for it.

League starts next Tuesday (May 7) and I am not ready for it.
Im Ready Kamala Harris GIF by The Democrats

First week of league for us happened last Thursday. I didn't shoot the greatest, but not many did. In out late league of 36 (18 two man teams) guys, 22/36 didn't break 50 and only 1 guy shot under 45..... so it was a bit rough. I shot a 46 and won but my partner didn't fare so well. Subbing in a different league tonight and then have my normal league tomorrow if we don't get rained out.

New course, new league, new partner this season starts on May 9th. I've only walked about 13 holes this season so I'm not ready.

Played a guy last night who shot a net 25....... I'll just leave it at that.

Started league last night. My first 4 holes were

Par
Par
Quad
Birdie

Gotta love this game man :ROFLMAO:

Good night in league this evening until the rain came and it was called. I was +2 thru 7. Rain came as we played hole 5 and didn’t let up. Guys wanted to stop after 7 but I was ready to keep going. Oh well

Even with a loss in my last match I’m 4-2 and T2 in my division, T3 in the league.

Had an interesting night last night in league play.
My opponent and I were there same HDCP, so no strokes were in play
Started off the first two holes with a 8 & 9 for 17 and 5 shots down.
Thought for sure my opponent was going to be drinking @Iceman! Blood when it was all over.
Gather myself and scored 30 in the next 7 holes with a putting birdie off the green on a par 3.
Proceeded to win by 3 strokes and win the hole count to take 2 points.

I honestly played some good golf once I got off the canvas from being punched.
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

1715780718324.png

We won our match because opponents didn't show up.... That's about the only good I will say came of the evening.

Back