Sound and feel off the aluminum inserts. Wondering if it's basically the same or not. I think I can get a previous model in hand to help make my choice for the MC, but if it's completely different that doesn't help me much lol
I've rolled them in the shop and haven't been blown away by any differences of note but also not sure how sensitive I am to that.

I've rolled them in the shop and haven't been blown away by any differences of note but also not sure how sensitive I am to that.
Music Video Mv GIF by Buju Banton

Sound and feel off the aluminum inserts. Wondering if it's basically the same or not. I think I can get a previous model in hand to help make my choice for the MC, but if it's completely different that doesn't help me much lol
Firmness level is about the same. Sound/feel is a little more well rounded on the new line, like it's one cohesive piece vs multiple different pieces. Definitely not completely different, and if you like the old insert you should like the new one.

I got a previous putter in hand with the aluminum. I am liking it more the more I play around with it. I think I’m definitely going to go Agera RS for the MC, now I just need to see if I want to go RS-30 or the face balanced RS. But they are really good in hand.

The PEBAX insert just feels a tad too soft in comparison to other inserts, which some may like, but it wasn’t my first choice.

Well hello friend
IMG_8371.jpegIMG_8370.jpeg

It was a great first experience with the Grandsport in my specs. It sets up really and is so much cleaner than the last version. The sound of the insert is similar but more muted/dense if that makes sense.

Dropped three balls from a sleeve around 10’ and drained the first two. (pushed the third but I’ll blame adrenaline…) Then drilled the next 20’ putt. I could have walked that in @OldandStiff style…

As I worked with it a little more, I could feel the forgiveness with the 3D printing inclusion. It was really stable, even when I missed putts a bit.

Probably the thing I initially took away was how well it would sit behind the ball. Setting it down at address it just didn’t want to move.

Also, while velcro, the headcover is really well done imho for an OEM cover. Thankfully I’ve learned a bit how to sew so I may see how to sew in magnets

IMG_8369.jpegIMG_8368.jpeg

Anyone have any experience with the old King SIK aluminum insert compared to the new 6061 they are using on the current models?
I found the newer insert to have a different sound and by that I mean better. The original insert tended to get a bit "tingy" at times. I haven't seen that with the black one.

Was browsing around the site and just noticed they now have a Supernova CB option as well, I'm still very intrigued by the Agera CB

I fully understand why it doesn't, but I really wish the new vintage line had the same face. I absolutely love the Stingray-30, but would want the Aluminum insert in it.

I fully understand why it doesn't, but I really wish the new vintage line had the same face. I absolutely love the Stingray-30, but would want the Aluminum insert in it.
big brother bb20 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Was browsing around the site and just noticed they now have a Supernova CB option as well, I'm still very intrigued by the Agera CB
It looks like they now have the Agera RS in CB as well. Almost positive the standard RS was the only one initially available in CB. Good to have all these options!

It sets up really and is so much cleaner than the last version.
I think this is a huge understatement. I get that looks is very subjective but this edition of the Grandsport is far and away better than the previous.

I think this is a huge understatement. I get that looks is very subjective but this edition of the Grandsport is far and away better than the previous.
Agree, its the biggest improvement overall aesthetically

Back