2024 Callaway Golf Bags

I'm seeing on some sites other "2024" branded Callaway bags, but I assume those are just new colorways and not new designs. Have a Fairway 14 sitting in my shopping cart, waiting to pull the trigger...
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Been eagerly awaiting feedback on these since hearing about, and seeing little snippets of them, during the Grandaddy. They look great, and it seems like all the little details are there to make them function as good as they look! Great feedback so far guys!!

My favorite...
Screenshot_20240208_070808_Chrome.jpg

The time has come to talk about the new bag line up from Callaway. Back in December, for the Grandaddy, we were presented with the new 2024 Callaway Fairway + and were we blown away. We walked in and the first thing we were greeted with was a line of 15 custom white and blue bags. The Grandaddy G and our forum name stitched on the front pocket!
IMG_0920.jpeg

Some quick features of the bag and one that stand out to me is the introduction of Shaft Shield™ top - This new bag top is constructed of a soft rubber coating, opposed to the mesh fabric found on the top of most bags. Callaway subjected the Shaft Shield™ top to testing consisting of 10,000 club drops into the bag. How many of you have pulled your club out of the bag wondering how the golf shaft was scratched or the custom graphics deformed? Look no further to those days happening!!!
IMG_2131.jpeg
A close up look at Shaft Shield.
IMG_2133.jpeg

next up the Lowrider 2.0™ technology where we see the mounting point for the legs has been moved 2” lower than previous versions, allowing for a better, more secure fit on push carts and riding carts. In the several rounds that I have been out since December I’ve had no issues with having to readjust the bag on the back of the golf cart. The movement of the legs and the shape change of the next feature “Flex Pod” has allowed for this welcomed change. No more going to grab something out of a pocket to see that pocket is now in a different location.
IMG_2135.jpeg

The Flex Pod™ base flexible base creates an easier deployment of the legs on all surfaces. Typically most bags are horrible on angled or uneven surfaces causing the bag to be unstable. The new redesigned system allows the legs to pop without much applied force or sliding on slick surfaces.

(Will add picture shortly).

The whatever you call it strap feature. 😂 (I can’t pronounce that many A’s in one word) Anamatic™ Strap System is featured on all stand bags. This new strap system is an automatic and anatomic fitting strap which contours to the golfer's shoulders and pairs with a 4-point molded puck for ease of adjustability and carry comfort. The comfort and ease of the system is by far the best I’ve seen. I am one that struggles with straps often and during my short time adjusting and carrying the bag is simple. The straps are very comfortable and love how the underside matches the colors of the bag. The foam used will not break down keeping the feel the same.

IMG_2143.jpeg

The options and colorways will be there for every golfer both. Callaway has gone above and beyond in the Performance Goods space and expect that to continue. More thoughts to come!

IMG_1232.jpeg

In keeping with their motto of "Demonstrably Superior, Pleasingly Different", Callaway has raised the bar for golf bags in 2024 with an exciting and excellent lineup.

Team Legacy was introduced to the new product lines at The Grandaddy in December of 2023, with a presentation by Austin Tudor (@AT_CG), Manager of Product Marketing for Performance Goods. The lineup we were introduced to consists of the Fairway 14, Fairway +, Fairway C, Fairway C HD, and the Par 3.

New features for 2024 include:

- Shaft Shield™ top - This new bag top is constructed of a soft rubber coating, as opposed to the hard plastic with mesh/fabric coating found on most bag tops. Callaway subjected the Shaft Shield™ top to testing consisting of 10,000 club drops into the bag. The mesh/fabric tops were shredded, exposing the hard plastic beneath, while the Shaft Shield™ remained fully intact. The Shaft Shield™ top is a feature on all bags in the 2024 Callaway product lines.

- Lowrider 2.0™ technology - The mounting point for the legs is 2 inches lower than previous versions, allowing for a better, more secure fit on push carts and riding carts. The Lowrider 2.0™ is a feature on the Fairway 14 and Fairway + bags.

- Integrated Flex Pod™ base - Featured on all stand bags, this redesigned, flexible base creates more reliable deployment of the legs on angled/uneven surfaces, while not interfering with the use of the bags on push carts or riding carts.

- Anamatic™ Strap System - Featured on all stand bags including the Par 3, this new strap system is an automatic and anatomic fitting strap which contours to the golfer's shoulders and pairs with a 4-point molded puck for ease of adjustability and carry comfort. Team Legacy members got to try this system out and found it very comfortable and highly adaptable to different body sizes and shapes, requiring little to no adjustment for a good fit.

(photos below courtesy of Callaway Golf website)
View attachment 9241190

The Fairway 14 is a hybrid stand bag weighing 6 pounds, with a 14-way top and 10 pockets including a rapid access pocket and an oversized cooler pocket. It has an oversized, thicker hip pad for added comfort while carrying, and a cart strap pass through for a secure fit on carts which doesn't interfere with access to the bag pockets. The Fairway 14 features a removable front pocket to allow for personalization options. MAP for the Fairway 14 is $279.99, and the initial release will have 7 men's colorways and 2 women's colorways, with several more options scheduled for release later in 2024.

View attachment 9241191

The Fairway + is a hybrid stand bag weighing 5 pounds, with a 5-way top and 10 pockets including dual side mesh pockets and internal pockets. It features an oversized, thicker hip pad for added comfort while carrying, and a cart strap pass through. The Fairway + also features a removable front pocket to allow for personalization. MAP for the Fairway + is $259.99, and the initial release will feature 8 men's colorways and one women's colorway.

View attachment 9241192

The Fairway C is a carry bag weighing 4 pounds, with a 4-way top and 8 pockets including a cooler lined drink pocket and internal pockets. It features an oversized, thicker hip pad for added comfort while carrying, and a removable front pocket to allow for personalization. MAP for the Fairway C is $229.99 and the initial release will feature 11 men's colorways and 2 women's colorways.

View attachment 9241193

The Fairway C HD is a water-resistant version of the Fairway C, with full seam seal construction on all pockets to repel moisture. It features an EVA hip pad and straps, 9 pockets including dual mesh side pockets and internal pockets. MAP for the Fairway C HD is $279.99.

View attachment 9241194

The Par 3 bag is a small, light "Sunday bag". Weighing just 3 pounds, it has 6 pockets including a split zip apparel pocket, internal pockets, a cinch closure mesh pocket and a cell phone sleeve. Dubbed "the Corgi" because of its short stand legs, it has a 3-way top. MAP for the Par 3 is $169.99, with 4 colorways available.

All of the 2024 bags are available as of 02/07/24 on the Callaway Golf website, as well as through retail channels.
Having heard all the buzz, I’ve been waiting to see these. The shaft shield top sounds like a great advancement. I think I’m set for my bag in 24 but want to see these, especially the Fairway 14.

Having heard all the buzz, I’ve been waiting to see these. The shaft shield top sounds like a great advancement. I think I’m set for my bag in 24 but want to see these, especially the Fairway 14.
That Fairway 14 is going to be a sleeper. I heard it comes with iron covers as well. 😉

Those G bags are so awesome! Nice write ups and glad to see they worked on the bottom to fit a push cart better.

Those G bags are so awesome! Nice write ups and glad to see they worked on the bottom to fit a push cart better.
This is a feature I want to test on a push cart I have. We heard the excitement and my goodness if anyone remembers @oumagic cart race run at the Grandaddy the bag does not move and fits well on the cart.

I'd like to think that @AT_CG and the crew were thinking of Aussies then they put this colourway in.

This is now the front runner for a new bag..."That's Australian gold my friend and don't you ******* forget it".

bags-2024-fairway-14-stand_21829___1.png

Those bags look fantastic! Great writeups guys, you all are killing it!

I'm in the market for a new Cart Bag. However, those are very tempting, because they look great. With that said, any idea of how long we have to wait for new cart bags, if there will be new cart bags.

Rewind to December 4th, 2023. We walk into media presentations at Callaway Golf HQ for The Grandaddy and are met with 15 brand new customized golf bags. The very first SWAG the team sees on the entire trip, the first item we are taking pictures of so we can share them with everyone at home…. but there is a catch. Those bags have not been announced yet. And they are not getting announced until a date in February. That date is today!
That bag was the 2024 Fairway+ from Callaway Golf.

Blue, White, emblazoned with the iconic Grandaddy G, and our forum names stitched on the ball pocket. That first real moment when you realize what all is happening around you.

View attachment 9241195View attachment 9241196View attachment 9241197View attachment 9241198

While at ECPC the next day, we ended up in the Performance Gear presentation with Austin Tudor as our first station. Austin was super passionate about all of the bags, and I couldn’t help but feel really fortunate to be in the boardroom hearing about all the gear first hand.

We covered so much information on the entire bag lineup, it was honestly a bit overwhelming. Bags like the Fairway+, the Fairway 14 (14 way bag), the Par 3 bag (lovingly nicknamed the Corgi on account of its short legs), all with incredible looking colorways, coming in at very low weights, jam-packed with all sorts of features. Waterproof options and lightweight options, multiple divider options, tons of features all around. So many great looking color combinations, and different styling options for the men and the women. Across the entire lineup, there are so many options to choose from.
View attachment 9241199
Wow 😍IMG_4441.jpeg

Those bags look fantastic! Great writeups guys, you all are killing it!

I'm in the market for a new Cart Bag. However, those are very tempting, because they look great. With that said, any idea of how long we have to wait for new cart bags, if there will be new cart bags.
Just out of curiosity, what do you like about a cart bag that these bags may not offer?

And that's ordered. Shipping in 7-14 days. Not the flashiest color, but we didn't have all of them available yet. And it'll go well with dark headcovers.
1000007102.png

Last edited:
How do you improve on a bag that is already very popular? You strip it back, address the things people wanted improved, improve the things that were already great, test the heck out of it, and don’t stop until you have it exactly how you want it.
View attachment 9241203

Let’s talk about some features now that we can finally discuss the bags!!!

The Fairway+ features a 5-way top with Shaft Shield rubberized dividers that Callaway tested (and tested and tested and tested) to make sure it would hold up to the rigors of thousands of clubs being rubbed against it.
View attachment 9241208
Lowrider 2.0 Top that helps ensure your bag is stable on pushcart and golf cart. Legs that have been lowered, so they do not interfere with the mounting points on said carts.
View attachment 9241204
A 3D Molded Puck that simplifies getting the bag into the right position when on your shoulders. Put your arms in, and in seconds the bag can be adjusted to a fit that is comfortable and keeps your clubs from spilling out.
View attachment 9241207

A hip pad and bag straps with ample padding. Color matched to the panels on the bag, not only do they bring a great pop of color but are ridiculously comfortable.

The base of the bag, is not a regular stand bag base. Callaway has an integrated “Flex Pod” base, which has really combined the best of both worlds.
  • First off, a solidly constructed base, with the triggering mechanism for the legs, has really been thought out well to protect the mechanism, but also give a lot of support for when mounted on pushcarts.
  • The base itself though, I do not know that I have ever owned a stand bag that I have had so little concern about a fully loaded bag falling over. I tend to stand my bag upright if I am at the simulator, or when loading/unloading into vehicles, and the stability that the bag has when upright is incredibeView attachment 9241209
The legs themselves, having been lowered to allow for the Lowrider 2.0 system, may look a bit different initially, but as soon as the legs are deployed are incredibly stable.
View attachment 9241205View attachment 9241206

Those are the big features, but what about the smaller details? Well let us get into it then.
  • Pass through sections of the bag so that cart straps don’t interfere with accessing pockets.
  • Pockets for all your goodies. Valuables pocket with a handy little strap inside to attach your keys to (or whatever you want to attach to it).
  • Towel ring. Sure, it might sound like a feature that is common, but love the addition of a solid metal ring to loop the towel into (instead of an elastic loop or something like that)
  • Really solid handles at the top of the bag, multiple different grab points on the top, and study handles on the body of the bag as well as near the bottom of the bag under the ball pockets.
  • Fully removable panel on the ball pocket, for all your customization wants/needs
  • Pen holder and Velcro glove attachment point
  • Color coded strap buckles (a little thing, but well thought out)
  • Cord pulls on all the zippers
  • Really premium and durable feeling materials across the lbag lineups
The strap system is next level simple. Most comfortable system I’ve ever encountered

And that flex pod base is truly amazing like you said. Super stable. The legs are no slouch either

Wow just wow!

I don’t really have words. These look amazing!

And the Callaway team out did themselves for #teamlegacy

That is epic!! All those bags lined up like that hits so hard!!

Perfect colour combo, in my opinion. Give me the Fairway14 in white/blue combo and it’d be an insta-buy.
ED1D3B41-8B88-4476-8D4C-AAD1B1D99FD9.jpeg
8BC900B5-EB0E-4B93-9758-2A531A759998.jpeg
433CCB57-65F4-4A4F-9885-E9AB738AF91F.jpeg
1B2EB6FF-0710-476E-8A01-646BDC58FF98.jpeg
It’s the inverted colorway I think, but that 14 way top is next level

I really wish I could get this colorway in a Fairway 14. Fingers crossed there might be more colors? Maybe? Please!
1000016806.jpg

Bags look fantastic gentlemen. I like the 5 way top and the shaft shield rubber coating (10k testing, crazy)

Great feedback from the Grandaddy guys. Well done gents.

For me, I was hoping for some more fun in the color options. 😔

Looks like solid improvements

2024 Fairway +

For The Grandaddy, Callaway provided us with the new 2024 Fairway + 5-way divider stand bag. Everyone from the team has been excitedly waiting until we can talk about the new 2024 lineup of bags from Callaway. As we heard from Austin Tudor, Callaway’s Product Marketing Manager for their Performance Gear division, their goal is to take the Performance Gear to the next level by bringing the same innovation to bags and gloves as Callaway has done with the golf ball and equipment.

There are a few big changes to the Fairway + that stand out this year. The first is the Shaft Shield, which is a rubberized divider, which is not only going to be more durable than the standard cloth over plastic divider, but it will also do a much better job of protecting golf shafts from being scratched and marked up. There is nothing more annoying than seeing your brand new, up-charge shafts (if you’re an internet golf like me) with marks from being taken in and out of the bag. I’ve been using the Fairway + for two months now and don’t see any noticeable marks and scratches.

I prefer not to replace my bag every year, so having a more durable divider is a huge plus for me. One of the unintended benefits of the rubberized divider is that it has reduced bag clatter and clubs don’t move around as much. Not only does it reduce the noise but also wear and tear to clubs.
IMG_8314.jpeg
IMG_8315.jpeg
I’m posting a video of the Fairway + as I’m hauling along a bumpy fairway at my home course. I purposefully found a bumpier area to walk in and the movement of clubs in the bag is less than what I would normally get by a large margin.

View attachment IMG_8317.mov
My favorite feature Callaway has improved is their new strap system, which they call Anamatic Fit Straps. I tried last year’s Hyperlite Zero bag and not only struggled to adjust the straps, I found the straps to be uncomfortable, which was super disappointing on what was otherwise an awesome bag. One year later, Callaway has not only has a drastically improved the comfort of the straps, the strap system is the easiest to use I have come across. The bag balances easily across your back and simply pull the strap down or pull up (like a book bag) and it adjusts as needed. I primarily use a pushcart for my rounds, but have found the Fairway + to be light enough and plenty comfortable with the strap and hip cushion to carry. I’ve carried for nine hole rounds; I don’t carry for 18 at this point anymore.

The Fairway + sits in a stable position in pushcarts and carts. The stand mechanism and Flex Pod base work really well together. I have not run into any issues opening and closing the legs; there is nothing more annoying than the legs catching or not opening as expected.

IMG_8316.jpeg
IMG_8314.jpeg

In terms of storage, the Fairway + has a large front pocket where I have been keeping my tees, balls, ball markers, and divot repair tools. There is a lot of room in here. Honestly more than I need for that spot.
IMG_8460.jpeg

There are also two pockets above the base of the bag where I have been keeping my range finder and have been using the net in there to keep my AirPods handy in case I need to take a call while on the course.

IMG_8463.jpeg
IMG_8462.jpeg

Beneath that pocket is another large storage pocket that works for sunscreen, snacks, extra water, wallet, etc. This pocket can be removed, which makes it nice for personalization.

On the bag side of the bag there is a huge pocket that you can easily fit rain gear in, extra gloves, or hat. I don’t like to carry more than I have to, so this pocket has not come close to being full.

The smaller pocket on the back is felt lined, which I have been using for my keys and wallet. This pocket is deep, as illustrated in the photo. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one this deep before.
IMG_8466.jpeg

I’ve used the Fairway + in a variety of conditions from warm and dry to cold and rainy. I usually use a black or dark blue bag because I’m worried about dirt and grime showing on the bag, but the white doesn’t show much dirt as of now. There will be plenty of color options available so everyone should be able to find a color that suits them.

Dividers always seem to a hot topic, so I will touch on that by saying, I like the larger top divider with the four smaller dividers. I use the larger divider for my driver, 3w, UW, and putter and then have 3 irons on either side of the next row and 2 and 2 at the bottom. Even with full length dividers, tangling can happen, but it hasn't been an issue for me where clubs get stuck and become an issue getting out of the bag like I’ve had on smaller bags.

I’ve been using a smaller bag the last few years and I’ve been very impressed with the Fairway + having extra storage while not feeling heavy or cumbersome. My favorite features of the bag are the new strap system and rubberized divider, which are absolutely stellar.
IMG_8313.jpeg
IMG_8386.jpeg

Last edited:
This really raises the level of excitement for the Goat Cup... well done Grandaddy guys

@Muchmore

The million dollar question;
How deep is the valuables pouch?

Back