I just took my 19* UW out of play after going to a 2i. The UW is easier to hit, but I found that I can really pop it up and only get 1/2 of the distance I want out of it where as a long iron will stay lower on good and bad shots and roll out to 75% on miss hits. It is a good club so I will hang on to it, but for now a long iron is a better deal.
Do you think it could be a shaft issue?

I sailed a green today where the ball was sitting in leaves and under branches so you couldn't take a full swing. The green was 5 or 10 feet above the ball and the flag was 15-20 yards away. I pulled the UW hoping at best to just dink the ball onto the edge of the green, and it popped right out and went over the green. I'm finding it pretty great for more than just hybrid/wood type shots.

Mine is still in the bag and my favorite comment to get is what 3W are you hitting there? 🤣

Do you think it could be a shaft issue?
I don't think so since the shaft I have in the hybrid, my 4i, and 2i are the same. it is mainly due to what my miss hits look like as to why I took the hybrid out. On good shots, it is a great club.

I sailed a green today where the ball was sitting in leaves and under branches so you couldn't take a full swing. The green was 5 or 10 feet above the ball and the flag was 15-20 yards away. I pulled the UW hoping at best to just dink the ball onto the edge of the green, and it popped right out and went over the green. I'm finding it pretty great for more than just hybrid/wood type shots.
I haven’t tried using it like this. Need to test.

@mtbloco was nice enough to let me hit his today, and I shouldn’t have done that, because it’s awesome. Such a unique look to it overall, I don’t know if it’s “improved” from the last gen, because the last gen was a pretty good looking club, but it performs like crazy. I had hit my tee shot a moment before, with my 3W, which launches pretty high for me, but the flight on that UW was wild. I probably should have kept mine around 🤦

@mtbloco was nice enough to let me hit his today, and I shouldn’t have done that, because it’s awesome. Such a unique look to it overall, I don’t know if it’s “improved” from the last gen, because the last gen was a pretty good looking club, but it performs like crazy. I had hit my tee shot a moment before, with my 3W, which launches pretty high for me, but the flight on that UW was wild. I probably should have kept mine around 🤦
NEED.

Little more spin and a little (I mean little) bit more speed than the original.

This is another SKU that I haven’t seen much of out on display up here, and I’m always curious why.

This is another SKU that I haven’t seen much of out on display up here, and I’m always curious why.
It’s a niche club. Is it like a cheater stick imo? Absolutely. But, the reality is most simply go hybrid or fairway in those spots as opposed to the baby the hybrid and fairway had together haha

It’s a niche club. Is it like a cheater stick imo? Absolutely. But, the reality is most simply go hybrid or fairway in those spots as opposed to the baby the hybrid and fairway had together haha
Looks to me like the Baby is bigger and faster than Parents. 😉

I have been looking at everyones signatures and clubs since I joined. I saw this club so much I had to go test it out.

This is a club that won't leave my bag. Out of the rough it's great. On the fairway it's great. With a really good shot profile. Took it out on a par 5 when I was 230 out and the flight profile really gave it the landing I need. Lets me be aggressive on longer approach shots as opposed to my iron shot profile. I don't have to necessarily try to land it short and get the run, I can go at it a bit.

This forum definitely helped me build my bag with fairway wood options. When I stopped playing a few years ago due to kids, fairway woods were an option. Now because of this thread and the STG thread, I've got 2 I'm super comfortable in hitting.

I have been looking at everyones signatures and clubs since I joined. I saw this club so much I had to go test it out.

This is a club that won't leave my bag. Out of the rough it's great. On the fairway it's great. With a really good shot profile. Took it out on a par 5 when I was 230 out and the flight profile really gave it the landing I need. Lets me be aggressive on longer approach shots as opposed to my iron shot profile. I don't have to necessarily try to land it short and get the run, I can go at it a bit.

This forum definitely helped me build my bag with fairway wood options. When I stopped playing a few years ago due to kids, fairway woods were an option. Now because of this thread and the STG thread, I've got 2 I'm super comfortable in hitting.
The UW is one of the biggest surprised in my bags this year and sure glad I gave it a shot also! Glad to hear you are having success with it!

Your Welcome. 😀 Happy to spend your $$$$

If it's getting all these recommendations, as long as you help me spend it wisely I'm all in!

not the new one, but the original apex UW got a workout tonight. Saw some damn good things…this one though…oh yeah.

IMG_0140.png

This club is just fun. I was watching a YouTube video where a guy said “once you hit 40 you need to have a 7 wood” and so here I sit with one in my over 40 age bracket.

Played a little par 3/4 course today and just decided to use this off the tee for the par 4’s to play with them. Just seeing consistent 220+.

I started this with one question….how many shots in the data.

Meaning, Is that dispersion real?

If it was, I’m taking that especially if the landing angle is good. The spin isn’t the end all be all metric. Unless you’re trying to say is…in this case.

While I trust the OP, launch monitor rollout can be so suspect.

This club is just fun. I was watching a YouTube video where a guy said “once you hit 40 you need to have a 7 wood” and so here I sit with one in my over 40 age bracket.

Played a little par 3/4 course today and just decided to use this off the tee for the par 4’s to play with them. Just seeing consistent 220+.
I didn't see that guy, but as a very recent entrant into the 40 club, I won't lie, I did ponder a 7w today.

In hit this club 1 time tonight in my league…. I am in love with house easy it is to hit. I am a chronic topper with woods but the UW is a cheat stick and so easy to hit .. I don’t hook it which is an absolute positive!

I started this with one question….how many shots in the data.

Meaning, Is that dispersion real?

If it was, I’m taking that especially if the landing angle is good. The spin isn’t the end all be all metric. Unless you’re trying to say is…in this case.

While I trust the OP, launch monitor rollout can be so suspect.
Huh?

I didn't see that guy, but as a very recent entrant into the 40 club, I won't lie, I did ponder a 7w today.
I tried the 7W, it went straight up. Haha

I love this club. To be able and take this thing and hold the green from this distance? Every shot just gets up in the air and gets moving. It's becoming a cheater for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1781.JPG
    IMG_1781.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1784.jpg
    IMG_1784.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1
I love this club. To be able and take this thing and hold the green from this distance? Every shot just gets up in the air and gets moving. It's becoming a cheater for me.
I'm assuming the 7W pic is actually the UW 21, if so the 237 is fanfreekintastic

Back